ABC, NBC, CBS Nightly news..all time LOWS!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

ABC, NBC, CBS Nightly news..all time LOWS!!

The big three nightly news programs for the liberal media are experiencing all time lows!!!  FoxNews has been seeing all time highs in their ratings.

Obama approval falling, strongly disapprove is rising.  Early polls show Congressional matches are leaving Dems vulnerable for the midterm elections.

Rejoice, breath the fresh air.  The winds of change are beginning to blow....and it only took 5 months of total Dem control.

Going from bad to much worse isn't going over well with tax paying, law abiding, patriotic 'arrogant' Americans.

Has anyone seen Nancy Pelosi lately????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Re: ABC, NBC, CBS Nightly news..all time LOWS!!

hide the pictures

secretly meet with energy execs and hide that

scr3w the FOIA and the ACLU while we're at it

stay in GITMO

Are we sure Bush isn't still there?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]hide the pictures secretly meet with energy execs and hide that scr3w the FOIA and the ACLU while we're at it stay in GITMO Are we sure Bush isn't still there?
    Posted by GreginMedford[/QUOTE]

Now Greg....you know if Obama is doing all these things there's a perfectly good and reasonable reason. Obama's different. He's not like other politicians. He's honest and above anything shady. Silly!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

ahhhh it brings back the Toga party chant..

BAILOUT BAILOUT BAILOUT

They really don't give a sweet about the ratings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Ohbammy, you do know who started calling for a Bailout, right?  A big bad liberal Democrat named HANK PAULSON. 

As for ratings, you're really taking a lot of meaning from something meaningless. FoxNews is on 24/7.  ABC, NBC,and CBS have about 30 minutes of news a night and a couple of hours in the morning shows (featuring another maybe 45 minutes of actual news).  You're comparing apples to turnips here. Besides, FoxNews gives us all the important news like Britney without undies, Britney shaves her head, Lindsay likes girls, then blames Democrats. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]Ohbammy, you do know who started calling for a Bailout, right?  A big bad liberal Democrat named HANK PAULSON.  As for ratings, you're really taking a lot of meaning from something meaningless. FoxNews is on 24/7.  ABC, NBC,and CBS have about 30 minutes of news a night and a couple of hours in the morning shows (featuring another maybe 45 minutes of actual news).  You're comparing apples to turnips here. Besides, FoxNews gives us all the important news like Britney without undies, Britney shaves her head, Lindsay likes girls, then blames Democrats. 
    Posted by mhc90[/QUOTE]

It's ALL showbiz anyway.
    I give more significance to FOX over CNN, MSNBC, etc to your point that they only pump news.
    Aside from FOXes different slant on political issues... I live for Britney without undies.. but after a while that news becomes the standard. I missed the Lindsay likes girls one. Can you send link? 

I don't think the bailout word is out of discussion when it comes to the Globe though. Nothing would surprise me.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

I listen to NECN weather online.  I always crack up a their mantra, "Real News. Right Now".

As opposed to...?  Fake news tomorrow?   So stupid.

Meanwhile their news anchors hit every cliche in the industry.  Complaining about snow, rain, et al.  Communicating at the dumbest of dumb levels.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

A nightly drumbeat of bad news about deplorable conditions that nothing seems to ameliorate.  No wonder the collectively depressed American people aren't watching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[QUOTE]It's ALL showbiz anyway. I give more significance to FOX over CNN, MSNBC, etc to your point that they only pump news. Aside from FOXes different slant on political issues... I live for Britney without undies.. but after a while that news becomes the standard. I missed the Lindsay likes girls one. Can you send link?  I don't think the bailout word is out of discussion when it comes to the Globe though. Nothing would surprise me.  
    Posted by Ohhhhh-Bammy[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was my point, that comparing ratings for an all news channel to ones for networks with limited news coverage isn't comparing like things.  And Americans' attention spans shrink constantly.  No one wants in depth coverage, they want a sound bite, video and someone to blame. 

Sorry, don't have the Lindsay link, I'll work on that.  Though I did once see a broadcast on Fox while at the gym asking the question "Are we spending too much time covering Britney Spears' troubles"  If you have to ask..... Celebrities aren't news in and of themselves. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

[QUOTE]Ohbammy, you do know who started calling for a Bailout, right?  A big bad liberal Democrat named HANK PAULSON.  As for ratings, you're really taking a lot of meaning from something meaningless. FoxNews is on 24/7.  ABC, NBC,and CBS have about 30 minutes of news a night and a couple of hours in the morning shows (featuring another maybe 45 minutes of actual news).  You're comparing apples to turnips here. Besides, FoxNews gives us all the important news like Britney without undies, Britney shaves her head, Lindsay likes girls, then blames Democrats. 
    Posted by mhc90[/QUOTE]

mch90 - good, I see you've given this a lot of thought. It’s good to be scared of FOX as you should be. Just like your scardy cat, thin skinned (but cool) leader! After watching NBC's Chuck Todd get under the skin of the cool one at today’s press conference I’m encouraged. Is the honeymoon over? I may have to start watching MSNBC if they start giving the dope of hope a challenge. Of course you never know if its all been staged or not. We’ll have to keep a beady eye to be sure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, that was my point, that comparing ratings for an all news channel to ones for networks with limited news coverage isn't comparing like things.  And Americans' attention spans shrink constantly.  No one wants in depth coverage, they want a sound bite, video and someone to blame.  Sorry, don't have the Lindsay link, I'll work on that.  Though I did once see a broadcast on Fox while at the gym asking the question "Are we spending too much time covering Britney Spears' troubles"  If you have to ask..... Celebrities aren't news in and of themselves. 
    Posted by mhc90[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know they use a weighting system when things aren't quite apples to apples in order to do level comparisons. So it is possible to compare the all news network to the limited news network.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[QUOTE]Just to let you know they use a weighting system when things aren't quite apples to apples in order to do level comparisons. So it is possible to compare the all news network to the limited news network.
    Posted by dexter67[/QUOTE]

So long as they are comparing only true NEWS broadcasts, at similar times, yes, it is possible to compare those.  But it's still not terribly accurate in that many people get their "news" by watching commentators on Fox not actual news broadcasts.  Sort of like the appallingly large number of people who get much of their "news" from Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert.  But you go ahead and think it's really apples to apples. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]So long as they are comparing only true NEWS broadcasts, at similar times, yes, it is possible to compare those.  But it's still not terribly accurate in that many people get their "news" by watching commentators on Fox not actual news broadcasts.  Sort of like the appallingly large number of people who get much of their "news" from Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert.  But you go ahead and think it's really apples to apples. 
    Posted by mhc90[/QUOTE]

And you go ahead with your assumption that many people are getting their news from the commentators on Fox and not actual news broadcasts.

Sections
Shortcuts