Administration implementation of Oquestration impacts developed for maximum pain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Administration implementation of Oquestration impacts developed for maximum pain

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Is the HoR position that they already gave in on taxes and now its time to talk cuts completely unreasonable?

So just because they budged on the rich....they now get spending cuts only from here on out?

That's not what I said, stop clipping and read my whole point.

They budged some so the Prez needs to budge some in good faith, then they can talk about more revenue and more cuts.

There won't be a conversation until give and take happens in a fair way.

And Obama "budged" too back then. Giving up what should have been something conseravtives favored in a bad economy for starters: Extension of the payroll tax cut.

Budged? he got more revenue and life went out without a disaster.  SS is a diasaster in itself it was time to start getting that revenue again.

He gave up 250k - 400k, and they also blocked the payroll tax cut extension. SOmething they'd approve of if they were honest about their tax cut policies.

250 THOUSAND in cuts?

talk about cutting to the bone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Administration implementation of Oquestration impacts developed for maximum pain

Is the HoR position that they already gave in on taxes and now its time to talk cuts completely unreasonable?

So just because they budged on the rich....they now get spending cuts only from here on out?

They budged some so the Prez needs to budge some in good faith, then they can talk about more revenue and more cuts.

And Obama "budged" too back then. Giving up what should have been something conseravtives favored in a bad economy for starters: Extension of the payroll tax cut.

Budged? he got more revenue and life went out without a disaster.  SS is a diasaster in itself it was time to start getting that revenue again.

He gave up 250k - 400k, and they also blocked the payroll tax cut extension. SOmething they'd approve of if they were honest about their tax cut policies.

So yes Obama had to give a little on who the increased taxes hit.  The GOP decided to protect small business men, the generators of new jobs to protect the economy inspite of the Presidents desire.

It was time for the FICA cut to go away, we need to pay for SS and not push that can down the road anymore.

Obama didn't get all his tax increase, but the GOP stopped the SS hemoraghing.

So when do the corresponding cuts for that additional revenue take place?  The President continues to write new rules; he said he wanted to do both, revenue and cuts, but because he didn't get all of his revenue he wants to take his football and go home?  He got a smaller revenue increase then he wanted, so he should tell the GOP that they get a smaller cut then they wanted, but he can't say no cuts until I get more of what I want.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130226-worst-poker-player-ever.jpg

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:

So yes Obama had to give a little on who the increased taxes hit.  The GOP decided to protect small business men, the generators of new jobs to protect the economy inspite of the Presidents desire.

It was time for the FICA cut to go away, we need to pay for SS and not push that can down the road anymore.

Obama didn't get all his tax increase, but the GOP stopped the SS hemoraghing.

So when do the corresponding cuts for that additional revenue take place?  The President continues to write new rules; he said he wanted to do both, revenue and cuts, but because he didn't get all of his revenue he wants to take his football and go home?  He got a smaller revenue increase then he wanted, so he should tell the GOP that they get a smaller cut then they wanted, but he can't say no cuts until I get more of what I want.

Too freakin funny.

Repealing the FICA tax cut is "stopping the memoraghing".

Extending the baby-Bush tax cut is just good policy.

The hypocrisy of the wingnut positions is freakin amazing.

You are the jokester here; stopping the "m"emoraghing, (not how I spelled i)t.  But under funding of SS through the 2% FICA cut did have to stop, unless you're for major cuts...no I didn't thnk so.  Sure I'd like to have that back 2% too, but we need to pay for what we want.

Most of the Bush tax cuts went away, yes the GOP saved the small business owners in the 250-400K category because they create most of the jobs, but 400K plus is gone.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Gee - I thought across the board cuts meant across the board cuts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They should target the cuts to the Red States.  I seem to recall a thread touting the economic success of the Red States so they should be able to manage the cuts in Federal spending, particularly since they hate Federal spending so such.

Actually, since the Red States are net takers or Federal dollars, they will take a disproportionately large hit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Acccording to a poll done by USA/Today and Pew .... 76% of Americans favor Obama plan of a mixture of spending cuts and and tax increases to avert the fiscal crisis and only 19% of Americans support the GOP way with only spending cuts.

You righties on this thread who support the GOP plan are out of touch with the rest of America.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:

In the new poll, 62% said that the Republican Party is "Out of touch with the American people," 52% said it is "Too extreme," and only 39% said it is "Open to change."

The president's overall job approval rating is 51%, a bit higher than it typically has been for the past three years. The approval rating for Republican congressional leaders is a dismal 25%. Democratic congressional leaders stand in-between, at 37%.

We are talking to the wall ...... extremists on the right , which is all there is left there, will never listen to reason. For some reason they are hell bent on bringing this country to it's knees again for no other reason than because they can .

BTW Obama isn't innocent in this either but the right is just too crazy to work together with Obama to end the Sequester right now with no conditions attached.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

we spend $1.3 trillion more than we take in and we are having a crisis over $85 billion.....

Very funny.....

"Honey, I know we make $200k and spend $280k but I have a great idea...let's let the cleaning lady go and save $100 a week or should we cut back on the cable???"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Acccording to a poll done by USA/Today and Pew .... 76% of Americans favor Obama plan of a mixture of spending cuts and and tax increases to avert the fiscal crisis and only 19% of Americans support the GOP way with only spending cuts.

You righties on this thread who support the GOP plan are out of touch with the rest of America.

Yes, a fine bit of polling that USA/Today!

Really, people want to pay even more taxes, 3 to 1 ???????  Really???????

Or was the question to this group?  "If it doesn't come out of your pocket, then new taxes are OK, right?"

I'll take the over on that one......sister......

Sections
Shortcuts