Aetna says premiums could double with Obamacare, Blue shield says 20% immediate increase unavoidable

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: Aetna says premiums could double with Obamacare, Blue shield says 20% immediate increase unavoidable

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really? Because my Blue Cross premiums are going  down slightly after the 1st. AETNA's decision to raise them is not surprising. They are a horrid company to begin with.

[/QUOTE]

And my BCBS premiums are going up. All depends on size, make up, and claims experience of the group. 

[/QUOTE]

True.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: Aetna says premiums could double with Obamacare, Blue shield says 20% immediate increase unavoidable

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Really? Because my Blue Cross premiums are going  down slightly after the 1st. AETNA's decision to raise them is not surprising. They are a horrid company to begin with.

[/QUOTE]

Check the mail when you get home...

I think you are in for a surprise.  Buty, you probably beleive in the Easter Bunny.  Oops.

[/QUOTE]

Are you telling me that a giant furry rodent doesn't visit my house once a year and leave me Reese Peanut Butter eggs? They who pray tell does?

BTW, I don't have to check my mail. Already got the notice about the decrease from HR.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey ya fvcking coward, you made the accusation then you back it up 

[QUOTE]

The CBO has been consistently under on projections of deficits and consistently over on projections of a surplus!

But just how accurate are CBO economic reports?

A study done by economists Kevin Kliesen and Daniel Thornton published at the start of 2012 found that CBO budget outlooks are not that reliable.

"Using CBO deficit projections over the period 1976-99, we found that the deficit projections beyond a year were unreliable. Importantly, we found that the projections were biased in the direction of underprojecting the size of the deficit or overprojecting the size of the surplus,”   What you need to realize is that the CBO is the servant of members of Congress, which means that if a Congressman asks it to analyze a plan under certain assumptions, it will do just that — no matter how unrealistic the assumptions may be. CBO will tell you what’s going on, but it will do so deadpan, doing nothing in terms of emphasis or placement to highlight the funny business.

Read more: http://www.minyanville.com/business-news/politics-and-regulation/articles/cbo-report-cbo-obamacare-cbo-fiscal/10/12/2012/id/44946#ixzz2Ey17qO2l

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

[QUOTE]

It'll be interesting to see where all that increase goes to, seeing as the ACA stipulates that no more than 20% of the premiums go towards administrative costs.

Aetna must be some sort of prescient company because no other companies have made the same warning.

"That just seems silly," said Gary Claxton, a vice president at Kaiser Family Foundation, a Menlo Park, California-based nonprofit that studies health issues. "I can't imagine anything going on in the small-group market that would change the average premium that much. On the individual market, there's arguments for things changing, but those magnitudes seem high."

[/QUOTE]

It's a shame people haven't introduced Aetna's CEO to Papa John's CEO - its a dog whistle - people in the HC industry know that Aetna used Joe "kill public option" Lieberman as their hand puppet for years. Now that he is gone, they don't have a direct way to affect any HC legislation. Consider it a "dog whistle" that will fail

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hahaha....the CBO? Have their projections EVER been correct? I asked for a link. Still haven't seen one

Well I know the Kaiser Family Foundation is a better measure of measuring BS from Aetna over Bloomberg or you!

Oh that's right, fvcking idiots like you just can't comprehend any info that doesn't fit your ignorant view.

Ya, the CBO, which Congress relies on to write their budgets and it's effects and both sides are using in the current budget fights and debt ceiling talks is not to be believed because a fvcking moron like you says so.

Typical fvcking imbecile, don't like the most accepted source in the country then just ignore it.

Newsflash spanky, that is why you're such a fvcking moron.

[/QUOTE]

Again, what projections have they actually gotten correct? 

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hahaha...so the CBO makes no projections of anything at all? Really?

What the fcuk, exactly, does that have to do with their EVALUATIONS?

[/QUOTE]

Oh....maybe credibility??? Just admit you got nothing. 

[/QUOTE]

Just like you - a big fat ZERO - the Obamacare medicare expansion is one of the main reasons hospitals want Obamacare as it will help them balance some of the loss leader expenses by taking care of people who don't have insurance (see ER visits when you have no option) - some hospitals do lose but MA hospitals and others like the Cleveland Clinic and Cedar-Sinai LA have lead the industry in improving outcomes, preventing re-admissions (worst reason for losses), utilization management, and care planning - I know of many others I have encountered but don't let WhichOnesPink lead you too far off the path. 

There are problems but stupid GOP governors who reject the expansion or who actually expected (Not happening per Sebelius) to fund theirstates at less than 133% of poverty are drawing the ANGER of hospitals in their states for stupidly rejecting 90%+ funding for 5 years that declines over 5 years to a still very high funding level  - It's going to lead to single payer slowly but surely thanks to ignorant GOP governors

And don't forget VT will be instituting their own single payer - so the proof will be quite obvious very soon!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And my BCBS premiums are going up. All depends on size, make up, and claims experience of the group. 

[/QUOTE]

True.

[/QUOTE]

People who are employed also have to depend on how good a deal the HR/Execs get for their employees as well....but no one ever thinks much about that ...especially wingnuts