Again, where is the loyal opposition? Awaiting The Word?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Again, where is the loyal opposition? Awaiting The Word?

Right after the first debate, they were all over this board with OPs and comments.  It took 12+ hours after the vice presidential debate for them to show up.  OK, maybe ThatWasMe's post indicates that he got the duty tonight, but otherwise: ...Hello?  ...Hello? 

The foot soldiers: Bethekoolaid, msobstinate99, skeeter20, tvoter, tfefio, newtster, jmel, massmoderatejoe, stalkingbutler, whichonespink, baldpredictions, cookie-rojas? ...The collective silence is deafening.

The contrast with the first debate comes across as waiting to hear The Word and assignments from the mother ship.

Also, speaking of contrasts and assignments, at the meeting after the vice presidential debate, did The Powers That Be tell NO MO O that his effectiveness was diminished, and to take a powder, after his racism and tweaking over the prior week?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Re: Again, where is the loyal opposition? Awaiting The Word?

Most people aren't up at night. I work nights and when I'm not overly busy at work I stop in and see what's going on.

Most, however, probably watch the debate and then get some sleep, especially if they have to be up at 4 or 5am.

And even with me up at night, I usually don't get to see the debates live. Even tonight, I am planning on watching the debate online as I haven't seen it yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Give it time..the debate went later than most people want to be online. I expect the mantra from the right will somehow include the idea that it is Candy Crowley's fault...or that the questions were skewed in Obama's favor...or that this format didn't suit Romney.

Next we will probably hear about "binders full of women" being a distraction instead of what it was..a Government sponsored affirmative action program that clearly included quotas...something the Supreme Court declared unconstitutional years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give it time..the debate went later than most people want to be online. I expect the mantra from the right will somehow include the idea that it is Candy Crowley's fault...or that the questions were skewed in Obama's favor...or that this format didn't suit Romney.

Next we will probably hear about "binders full of women" being a distraction instead of what it was..a Government sponsored affirmative action program that clearly included quotas...something the Supreme Court declared unconstitutional years ago.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I posted a longer version elsewhere, but here is my take.  Dispationately, Obama won on points.  But Crowley gave him nearly 10% more time, didn't moderate but championed Obama.

And the questions were stupid and insulting for the most part.  Crowley picked them.

Romney did OK, just OK. No real clear win on any question that I heard.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, I posted a longer version elsewhere, but here is my take.  Dispationately, Obama won on points.  But Crowley gave him nearly 10% more time, didn't moderate but championed Obama.

And the questions were stupid and insulting for the most part.  Crowley picked them.

[/QUOTE]

And...right on cue :-))

Obama had just about 3 more minutes speaking time than Romney. Possibly because he was a little less rude to the moderator. Where did you get your 10% figure from?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

There are over 250 comments (and counting) on BDC ... there are many more web discussions than the few that reside here, with a more varied response than with the handful of people that post here.   In fact, I just saw one of the "regular" posters from this forum post in the BDC discussion.   :)   

Open yourself up to the fact that there are varied places to discuss the election, and many Boston area readers don't rely on discussing it here, and some of the regular posters post elsewhere.   There are a similar set of "regulars" that post in the Globe on a daily basis, and they never post at night.   I wouldn't make assumptions, let alone be sarcastic, about the whereabouts of a few posters, all of whom have decided how they will cast their vote anyhow.  

It's probably more important, let alone critical, to focus on the undecided voters, because the fate of the election remains a question mark because of them.     

Romney could move heaven and earth, and I still won't vote for him, regardless of how well or poorly Obama does in a debate; that will hold true for Romney supporters as well.  Not much of a surprise, you know?  :)   Good luck.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right after the first debate, they were all over this board with OPs and comments.  It took 12+ hours after the vice presidential debate for them to show up.  OK, maybe ThatWasMe's post indicates that he got the duty tonight, but otherwise: ...Hello?  ...Hello? 

The foot soldiers: Bethekoolaid, msobstinate99, skeeter20, tvoter, tfefio, newtster, jmel, massmoderatejoe, stalkingbutler, whichonespink, baldpredictions, cookie-rojas? ...The collective silence is deafening.

The contrast with the first debate comes across as waiting to hear The Word and assignments from the mother ship.

Also, speaking of contrasts and assignments, at the meeting after the vice presidential debate, did The Powers That Be tell NO MO O that his effectiveness was diminished, and to take a powder, after his racism and tweaking over the prior week?

[/QUOTE]

Firewind where have you been ?  Don't you know that the "loyal opposition" are all too busy today chasing down single mothers for being the root of the problem of all the gun violence that are killing and maiming Americans to be posting today ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I was asleep afterwards. I didnt hear anything that made either a clear winner. They both had good shots and took good shots but, dems will give it to O and Repub will give it to R. Independents imho will not be swayed much; those leaning O will lean more those leaning R will lean more.

This was no schalacking by either candidate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some of us are asleeep at quarter of two in them morning "breakwind', we have to get up in the morning to go to work just to support you.

Obama "performed" better, still doesn't tip the scales, the voters have woken up.  The polls will continue to lean towards Romney, he was the same last night as in debate #1.

He was on message, and he was great when asked about comparing himself to Bush, personally, that was my high-point.

His message was consistant, Obama came out like #1 never happened, which is what they drilled into him I'm sure.

It still doen't improve his record, or his vision for the next four years, you can't fix four years with one debate "performance".

Sorry.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was asleep afterwards. I didnt hear anything that made either a clear winner. They both had good shots and took good shots but, dems will give it to O and Repub will give it to R. Independents imho will not be swayed much; those leaning O will lean more those leaning R will lean more.

This was no schalacking by either candidate.

[/QUOTE]

The talking heads referenced what happens directly after the debate as an indication of who the campaigns thought won the debate.  After the first debate, the spin room was loaded with republicans pressing the attack.  Last night, there wasn't a republican to be found in the spin room.  Same after the VP debate.

Romney hurt himself bad last night with women.  Linking AK-47a with single moms.  The binders full of women.  Flex time so women can go home and cook dinner.  Economy gets better employers will want to hire women. 

And the One Point Plan comment was priceless.

It was odd that Romney invited Obama to make comments about the 47% at the end of the debate.  And the "have you checked your pension" question was odd, inviting to Obama to b-slap him.

The price of gas might come down to $1.86 if Romney is elected because the economy might be as bad as it was in 2008 was good.

"You're the last person who's going to be tough on China" was classic.

I just wish Obama had brought up that Romney's record of job creation in Massachusetts was terrible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know why the left would look at this as a victory for Obama. The fact that he was not catatonic should give them cause to be happy today but I would not go so far as calling Obama the winner of that debate. If all this hype is over once again a left reporter having to step in and save the president please keep in mind. All this did was bring this issue to the forefront. News shows will be hyping this one for an entire week. The entire next debate will focus on the issue so there will be plenty of time for the president to have to explain himself. Hope Bill Mahr is moderating next debate because obama is going to need all the help he can get dancing around this issue for 90 minutes. 

[/QUOTE]

I think they may have been focussing too much on last night to think about debate #3.

They had to juice him for this one to have any chance at staying in the battle.  If he had tanked last night, the MSM would have burined him today, this just bought him another week to hope that Romney gets hit by a bus.

After next Monday, if things continue to go south (and they probably will), they'll pull out the final cards, and play them the week before the election.

And yes, we all know what "cards" will be played.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

I found it odd that Romney won the coin toss and chose to go first, rather than getting the final say.  The president made him pay over and over for that mistake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I found it odd that Romney won the coin toss and chose to go first, rather than getting the final say.  The president made him pay over and over for that mistake.

[/QUOTE]

A judgment call.  We get little opportunity to see his consequential decisions.  Like when he's overseas, or raising money.  Or winning a coin toss.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Back to the OP question: Anyone notice all the cut-and-paste in the "The Debate" thread, after people had their morning joe?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

"The foot soldiers: Bethekoolaid, msobstinate99, skeeter20, tvoter, tfefio, newtster, jmel, massmoderatejoe"

Mere foot soldier ? Didnt you hear of my promotion to Corporal?

Obama may have won the debate narrowly in instant polls. Romney turned a few awkward phrases and missed an opportunity to score big in Libya, thanks in part to Candy Crowley.

Overall, though, Romney's emphasis on jobs was very effective. An African American questioner asked Obama why he should vote for him again....Obama had no real answer, and Romney's response was devastating...

One commenter said when Romney got deep in the weeds, like his discussion of hiring women to his Cabinet, he missed. But when he went big, talking about the Obama failure over 4 years, he scored big.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

"And the "have you checked your pension" question was odd, inviting to Obama to b-slap him."

Obama demagogued that Romney invested in companies that had overseas jobs.

Romney pointed out, Obama's 401K likely invests in companies that do the same...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'm sorry that I disappointed you. But yes, tis true, orders from the Lord King Rove didn't arrive from the Headquarters of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy until it was way to late to cut and paste into a post. Sorry bout that, we'll try harder.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And...right on cue :-))

Obama had just about 3 more minutes speaking time than Romney. Possibly because he was a little less rude to the moderator. Where did you get your 10% figure from?

[/QUOTE]

Here.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/10/obama-gots-more-time-138699.html

Liberal source, no less.

Obama and Crowley carreid on like they were dating.