Again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Again?

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard from any women who have been raped, and are pregnant IN THIS FORUM.  You are distoriting things just like your hero Obama.

You are welcome to your opinion,  as I am mine.  Sorry I err on the side of thinking things through versus jumping right into the liberal lie "our bodies, ourselves".  They are treating you, as women, like animals.

I am glad you typed slowly.  Maybe it gave you time to think about the other life in this nasty problem, the unborn.  I am simply asking for that life to be considered as well, and to not expect that life to pay for the sins of the father, and to be offered as a sacrifice for the mother.  Not such an unreasonable position to consider, to consider, outside of massachusetts.  Only asking that you consider it, and you paint me as a an ogre.  I'll take it that as evidence that you haven't (or won't) consider other opinions generated outside of the Planned Parenthood thought bubble.

[/QUOTE]

How do you know that..? Do you really think a woman would broadcast such a personal thing on an anonymous political discussion forum..?? Do you really need her to?? Do you know any women at all skeeter...any..?

You are correct that you are entitled to your opinion. What you are not entitled to is to push your opinion on others ..especially women..as the law of the land. If you don't understand how hurtful and insulting Mourdock's comments are to women who have been raped..then you are more ignorant than I could have imagined.

The decision whether to go through with any pregnancy resulting from a rape is personal, painful and none of ANYONE'S business..especially the government.

[/QUOTE]

How am I pushing my opinion on others? Someone puts forth the opinion that the unborn should be killed in the case of rape, I say perhaps, perhaps they should not.  How is that pushing my opinion on others?

this is the problem with the left.  Only your opinions are valid, only your opinions count. All other opinions are pushing opinions on others, as if your opinions don't do the same thing.

I have yet to see you respond to the opionion of the woman I did post, a survivor of the attempt to eliminate her inconvenient life.  Can you reconcile her life, that she lives and breathes, walks amoung us, with your militant view that the unborn as a product of rape need to be killed?

I ask you to examine her testimony not becasue I think it will change your mind, I have no illusions about that, but to get you to at least consider the consequences of your philosophy.  here is someone who triumphed, personally, against your philosophy.  so, I ask you, seeing she escaped your radical proposition, theat the unbornas aproduct of rape shoudl be killed,  what should we do with her now?

I will tell you this:  The decision is very perosnal to her, as you claim the same for the mother.  Just asking that you consider their may be another valid opinion on this.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Life begins, who ever you want to believe started it. It's still a persons life at 12 wks.

[/QUOTE]

Well that settles everything.  I am sure your personal opinion on this divisive issue will convince everybody...

[/QUOTE]

The event still happened , no matter what you do. It will not be "forgotton".

[/QUOTE]

The meaning of the event is what is important.  You have apparently forgotten that.  Smart people differ on the issue.  Why don't you respect the beliefs of others?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How am I pushing my opinion on others?

[/QUOTE]

Do you want Roe v Wade overturned? Yes or no

[/QUOTE]

Do you want to kill innocent children, yes or no?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The answer is obvious, Skeeter and other social concservatives want to impose their religious beliefs on others through the power of the government.  At the very least this includes outlawing abortion and prosecuting those that use it.  And what is truly disgusting is that they pretend to support the concept of individual rights... apparently this is true ONLY if they get to define those rights.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The answer is obvious, Skeeter and other social concservatives want to impose their religious beliefs on others through the power of the government.  At the very least this includes outlawing abortion and prosecuting those that use it.  And what is truly disgusting is that they pretend to support the concept of individual rights... apparently this is true ONLY if they get to define those rights.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent comment !

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Life begins, who ever you want to believe started it. It's still a persons life at 12 wks.

[/QUOTE]

Well that settles everything.  I am sure your personal opinion on this divisive issue will convince everybody...

[/QUOTE]

The event still happened , no matter what you do. It will not be "forgotton".

[/QUOTE]

The meaning of the event is what is important.  You have apparently forgotten that.  Smart people differ on the issue.  Why don't you respect the beliefs of others?

[/QUOTE]

Why son't I respect the beliefts of oythers?  Why don't you respect my beleifs?  This is the problem:  liberals think they have conrnered the market on valid opinions.

No doubt the event is important.  Events have consequences.  Consequences are not as cleanly defined as liberals would like.

Look, rail against me all you want.  What you are doing is denying that there is another opinion in this matter.  you dismiss it out of hand.  Because, everyone knows that the unborn child is evil, not worthy of life, right?  Afterall, the child must be made to pay for the crime of the father, right? 

Read the testimony I posted, expand your mind, and understand that ths is not as clear cut of an abortion issue that you would like to make it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Skeeter20 - Is it your world view that a woman who becomes pregnant as the result of a rape should then have to bear the emotional and financial cost of the result of that rape? In addition, never being free from the rapist/biological father? Bottom line is the victim should have the choice.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Skeeter20 - Is it your world view that a woman who becomes pregnant as the result of a rape should then have to bear the emotional and financial cost of the result of that rape? In addition, never being free from the rapist/biological father? Bottom line is the victim should have the choice.

[/QUOTE]

No.  My view is that this is not a clean issue at all.  Why, for example, do some conservatives hold the opinion that Abortion is wrong, except in the case of rape and incest?  Now, the precipitating act is obviously wrong, but the issue of abortion doesn't change at all.  in both cases there is the life of the mother and the life of the unborn child to consider.

There is also the issue of the unborn child paying the price with their life, for the sin of the father.  Do you see that as a slam dunk issue?  If you do, then you have no heart.  You have alos sacrified the baby as an attonment for the victim.  You have created another victim, the unborn chld,  in the process.  Who attones for that victim?

Life is full of consequences.  I don't think we should draw a big circle around abortion and call it consequence free, or beyond discussion.  It is simply intellectually dishonest to do so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which victem... the mother or the child?

[/QUOTE]

Do you really not know who the rape victim would be? Really?

[/QUOTE]

So killing a child is preferable in order to allow the mother to do what, exactly?

14. This post has been removed.