Ah yes....tolerance....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Ah yes....tolerance....

WATCH: Family Has Horrifying, Violent Reaction To Son's Coming Out As Gay (GRAPHIC CONTENT)

Sometimes coming-out stories are heartwarming tales of acceptance and love. Other times they are tragic accounts of abandonment and abuse.

Daniel Ashley Pierce, a 20-year-old from Georgia, came out as gay last October. At the time, his father was unresponsive and his stepmother seemed supportive. However, things took a turn for the worse Wednesday when Pierce found himself a part of what he describes as a "delayed intervention" involving his father, stepmother and grandparents. He apparently captured footage of the interaction on camera.

"I wanted to make sure there was evidence in case something happened," Pierce told The Huffington Post in an email Thursday.

WARNING: Video at bottom of post may be disturbing.

Pierce's video began going viral after it was posted by Dan Savage with Seattle's The Stranger. In the five-minute clip, which does not focus on any individual's face, the people in the room with Pierce can be heard telling him his sexuality is a choice. When he disputes that, they use religion as an argument.

"No, you can believe that if you want to," a woman, presumably his grandmother, can be heard saying, "but I believe in the word of God, and God creates nobody that way. It's a path that you have chosen to choose. ... You go by all the scientific stuff you want to. I'm going by the word of God." She goes on to say that since Pierce has "chosen that path" they will no longer support him and he needs to move out because she "will not let people believe that I condone what you do."

Pierce asks his stepmother if he can stay in the house, but she refuses.

"You're full of s**t," she says. "You told me on the phone that you made that choice. You know you wasn't born that way. You know damn good and well you made that choice. You know that [your father] has done everything he can to raise you. ... He didn't need to blame himself."

At this point, an apparent physical altercation occurs. The camera starts moving, and Pierce can be heard yelling to the woman to stop hitting him. A man yells, "You're a damn queer." At the end of the video, someone calls him "a disgrace."

Pierce took to Facebook to discuss what happened Wednesday:

What a day.... i thought that waking up at 9:48 and being 15 mins late to work was going to be the biggest problem today. but i didn't know that my biggest problem was going to be getting disowned and kicked out of my home of almost twenty years. to add insult to injury my step mother punched me in the face repeatedly with my grandmother cheering her along. i am still in complete shock and disbelief [all sic].
    "Their reaction was pretty much expected [once] I chose to leave instead of pray because they have always been very vocal about not supporting the gay lifestyle," he told HuffPost. "My [stepmother's] reaction was the most surprising and hurtful."

The family members involved in the intervention, which he says was "driven by my grandparents," have not contacted the media, but they left Pierce a voicemail telling him to remove the video of the incident from YouTube. Pierce also says he did not contact police over the apparent altercation in the video.

The footage, originally posted by Pierce's friend, had more than 700,000 views, as of Thursday afternoon. Pierce's story has been covered by the Advocate, the Daily Dot and the New Civil Rights Movement. A GoFundMe campaign was set up to help raise money to cover Pierce's living expenses; by Thursday, it had collected more than $19,000.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/28/family-son-coming-out-gay-video_n_5731462.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/28/family-son-coming-out-gay-video_n_5731462.html

Love these hardcore "Christians" who support the "word of god" over supporting their own son. Pieces of s#!%

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Ah yes....tolerance....

Wow...just awful. These people are frauds. Christianity doesn't teach what they did to their son...not even close.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow...just awful. These people are frauds. Christianity doesn't teach what they did to their son...not even close.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Run away....fast.

This family is beyond repair.  Let them stew in their flawed logic, biblical spite, bigotry and scientific illiteracy.

Religion is a personal choice.  Sexual orientation isn't

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Somebody needs to take these homophobes out back and put a bullet in their god fearing brain. The fact that somebody would treat there own flesh and blood this way just because there  gay is totally beyond comprihention. IF i where there and saw this "Step-mother" hitting this kid in the face i would have beat her a55 to a bloody pulp.

Kid should call the police and have his grandmother and step-mother arrested for hate crime. Revenge is a dish best served cold. 

At the end of your rope                                                                                                      

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Somebody needs to take these homophobes out back and put a bullet in their god fearing brain. The fact that somebody would treat there own flesh and blood this way just because there  gay is totally beyond comprihention. IF i where there and saw this "Step-mother" hitting this kid in the face i would have beat her a55 to a bloody pulp.

Kid should call the police and have his grandmother and step-mother arrested for hate crime. Revenge is a dish best served cold. 

At the end of your rope                                                                                                      

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

[/QUOTE]

Uhhhhmmmmm. That's a little over the top.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Anything associated with that foul despicable dirtbag Dan Savage has to be doubted as authentic.

Savage, a supposed anti-bullying crusader, has a long and publicly documented history of bizarre rhetoric, vile slander and low life tactics... 

Savage was responsible for the foul Google stunt regarding Senator Rick Santorum...he repeatedly has abused his position as an anti bullying advocate to spew vile attacks on Christians and the Bible, in front on high schoolers.

Do some supposed Christians not follow the tenets of ther faith by not being tolerant to their family members who may be different? Yes, of course.

But you have to doubt anything associated with Dan Savage;  he is a fake and a fraud.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anything associated with that foul despicable dirtbag Dan Savage has to be doubted as authentic.

[/QUOTE]

There's a video.  Are you saying it was staged?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ummm ... you do realize that such actions would make you more extreme than the dirtbags in the story ... right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont know.....but, a stepmother and grandmother beating up a 20 yr old? If that family was real, they would have already have been featured on the Jerry Springer Show.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont know.....but, a stepmother and grandmother beating up a 20 yr old? If that family was real, they would have already have been featured on the Jerry Springer Show.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, right.... because the Jerry Springer show is all about real. That's the metric you're going to use? SMH.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to high-road's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ummm ... you do realize that such actions would make you more extreme than the dirtbags in the story ... right?

[/QUOTE]How so??? I have no respect for people that would treat a family member like that, Family always comes first. The fact that these people would abandon there own flesh and blood over some stupid book is rediculous. I believe the bible says, hate the sin not the sinner. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]How so??? I have no respect for people that would treat a family member like that, Family always comes first. The fact that these people would abandon there own flesh and blood over some stupid book is rediculous.

[/QUOTE]

You don't simply "put a bullet in their god fearing brain" to solve the problem. It's idiotic to think so. You're not really helping the cause.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to hypertext's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]How so??? I have no respect for people that would treat a family member like that, Family always comes first. The fact that these people would abandon there own flesh and blood over some stupid book is rediculous.

[/QUOTE]

You don't simply "put a bullet in their god fearing brain" to solve the problem. It's idiotic to think so. You're not really helping the cause.

[/QUOTE]

Yea, i went a little over the top with that and i apologize. These people just really make me sick. sitting there punching your step-son in the face while grandma sits there and eggs it on and laughs about it, what is she try to do? Beat the gay out of him?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hypertext's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea, i went a little over the top with that and i apologize. These people just really make me sick. sitting there punching your step-son in the face while grandma sits there and eggs it on and laughs about it, what is she try to do? Beat the gay out of him?

[/QUOTE]

I hear you man. I understand where you're coming from. Those people make me sick as well. And thank you for apologising. Either way, you've got brass ones!

Thanks for both.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

I cannot tolerate intolerance

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

No one should have to endure that kind of stupidity, especially from one's own family. The kid should press charges, just to make a point, and then move on and build a new family with a better class of people.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Entry #2,130,294,283 in persons hiding evil behind cries of "religion"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Update:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737624/Your-courage-inspiring-Man-kicked-parents-came-gay-able-start-new-life-website-raises-50-000-help-him.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737624/Your-courage-inspiring-Man-kicked-parents-came-gay-able-start-new-life-website-raises-50-000-help-him.html

--

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Entry #2,130,294,283 in persons hiding evil behind cries of "religion"

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that you fully understand the difference between ignorance and evil. Here, let me help.

The situation described in the OP is an example of ignorance. This is an example of evil:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/08/27/ludicrous-pakistani-community-in-rotherham-livid-warning-signs-of-sexual-assault-on-1400-girls-ignored/?__federated=1" rel="nofollow">http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/08/27/ludicrous-pakistani-community-in-rotherham-livid-warning-signs-of-sexual-assault-on-1400-girls-ignored/?__federated=1

ROTHERHAM, England — Rotherham is a working-class town that is remarkable in its ordinariness — a collection of charmless discount stores, betting shops and kebab counters, surrounded by sleepy residential streets lined with brick houses that have seen better days.

But below the drab surface, shock was evident Wednesday as the people of this northern English town learned that for 16 years, girls as young as 11 in their community had been subjected to sexual exploitation on a vast scale.

The number of victims — 1,400 — was terrifying enough for a community of just 250,000. But that wasn’t all: despite repeated warnings over the years, only a handful of men have ever been convicted and an independent report found that local leaders had dismissed reports of child rape, exploitation and violence for years. Part of the reason, they said, was that they feared they would be branded as racist for pursuing the perpetrators — the majority of whom were men of Pakistani origin.

Hope that helps.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

As much as one might want to defend or downplay this, throwing someone out of the family and hiding behind the bible is more than just "ignorance".

Especially when you are wilfully blind - "You go by all the scientific stuff you want to. I'm going by the word of God."

Note: Terms like "evil" are of terms of degree.

Hope that helps.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'm not defending anything, those people are fools. The point is that there is a lot of real evil in this world and some slack jawed mouth breathers that have a misunderstanding of human sexuality don't rise to that level.

Evil:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Gosnell" rel="nofollow">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Gosnell

--

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Family is one of the most important things there is. Excommunicating someone from one's family because of something a book says is certainly a degree of evil. It is a callous and pointlessly cruel act, and hiding behind religion only throws stupidity and cowardice into the mix.

The fact that you can find more evil things doesn't make a less evil thing not evil at all.

Sections
Shortcuts