All 50 states to participate petition to secede! Over 675,000 signatures in first week.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: All 50 states to participate petition to secede! Over 675,000 signatures in first week.

wow, sore winners! lol

Winning an election has never meant the opposition must now lay down or give up their beliefs!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: All 50 states to participate petition to secede! Over 675,000 signatures in first week.

In response to tvoter's comment:

wow, sore winners! lol

Winning an election has never meant the opposition must now lay down or give up their beliefs!!!

Secession goes beyond a diisagreement about political beliefs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to jmel's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Ironically or not, the same states which seceded over their demand to own blacks as property...

...now want to secede because they were owned themselves in an election by a black man (and 60 million+ voters).

Guess you missed where there are ALL 50 STATES participating................ALL 50

Pretend all you want, but it's fairly obvious where most of the secessionist hullabaloo is coming from...and why.

Even Erickson at RedState swatted this crapola down like the mosquito it is.

Pretend?  50 states.  It`s very clear.  What would you think you would get when you have an election that went down 50-48?  A country divided. As many folks that are happy, there`s just as many pi$$ed.

No, it's not clear.  The divide is much more about urban vs. rural (and class, et al.) than it is about red states or blue states, so your "50 states" comment is misleading, at best and ignorant, at worst.

Where are most of the signatures from?  Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, et al.  Big, rural states which ALSO happen to be former confederate states with sordid racial histories.

You are "pretending" the nation wants secession, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

I`m not pretending anything.  FACT: signatures came from ALL 50 states.  What don`t you get? You`re assuming "big red states" are leading the way.  They may be......I don`t know. You think I believe that ANY state would/could secede?  LOL!  Man, factual data is tough for some of you Libs.  I didn`t write the report.  I didn`t sign a secession petition.  I`m not one of the 675,000 that signed.  But, geeez, don`t deny facts.

You kill me with the "racist" comments too.  When a state like Ohio`s suburbs vote overwhelmingly Republican in the suburbs, yet overwhelmingly Democrat in Cleveland, Dayton, Cinncinnati, what do you say about that?

I just told you...the divide is partly centered along "urban vs. rural" lines.  (Paul Ryan said so himself.)  That at least one yahoo in each state signed the petition means nothing to the overall absurd effort at secession... which is indeed focused largely on the ex-confederate states. 

The suburbs are more mixed, it's true, but the degrees of population density mean that the exurbs are the outliers, both literally and figuratively.

So, then why would you bring up this piffle in the first place??  What point are you trying to make, anyway...??  That lots of southerners and red staters are idiots...?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

wow, sore winners! lol

Give up their beliefs?  No.

Take their share of responsibility for governing?  Absolutely.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Ironically or not, the same states which seceded over their demand to own blacks as property...

...now want to secede because they were owned themselves in an election by a black man (and 60 million+ voters).

Guess you missed where there are ALL 50 STATES participating................ALL 50

Pretend all you want, but it's fairly obvious where most of the secessionist hullabaloo is coming from...and why.

Even Erickson at RedState swatted this crapola down like the mosquito it is.

Pretend?  50 states.  It`s very clear.  What would you think you would get when you have an election that went down 50-48?  A country divided. As many folks that are happy, there`s just as many pi$$ed.

No, it's not clear.  The divide is much more about urban vs. rural (and class, et al.) than it is about red states or blue states, so your "50 states" comment is misleading, at best and ignorant, at worst.

Where are most of the signatures from?  Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, et al.  Big, rural states which ALSO happen to be former confederate states with sordid racial histories.

You are "pretending" the nation wants secession, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

I`m not pretending anything.  FACT: signatures came from ALL 50 states.  What don`t you get? You`re assuming "big red states" are leading the way.  They may be......I don`t know. You think I believe that ANY state would/could secede?  LOL!  Man, factual data is tough for some of you Libs.  I didn`t write the report.  I didn`t sign a secession petition.  I`m not one of the 675,000 that signed.  But, geeez, don`t deny facts.

You kill me with the "racist" comments too.  When a state like Ohio`s suburbs vote overwhelmingly Republican in the suburbs, yet overwhelmingly Democrat in Cleveland, Dayton, Cinncinnati, what do you say about that?

I just told you...the divide is partly centered along "urban vs. rural" lines.  (Paul Ryan said so himself.)  That at least one yahoo in each state signed the petition means nothing to the overall absurd effort at secession... which is indeed focused largely on the ex-confederate states. 

The suburbs are more mixed, it's true, but the degrees of population density mean that the exurbs are the outliers, both literally and figuratively.

So, then why would you bring up this piffle in the first place??  What point are you trying to make, anyway...??  That lots of southerners and red staters are idiots...?

"focused largely on the ex confederate states"? You have proof that the 675,000 are "largely" from these states?  I only saw 50-state participation.

"Southerners and red-staters are idiots".  Those are your words.  I`d say the idiots are in the large urban areas.  Look at 59 wards surrounding Philadelphia, 22,000 people ALL voted for Obama.  22,000-Obama, 0-Romney.  Those would be idiots.

I was just asking if YOU thought they were idiots, as seen by you trying to defend their silly tantrum of a petition.

FWIW, counter-petitions have also been generated to either deport the secessionists or revoke their citizenship.  Every action has a reaction, etc.

So, now ALL city dewllers and Obama voters are idiots??  Based on what?  You just get worse and worse at this, don't you...

And yes, the most petition signatures came from the following states: Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and Tennessee with more than 25k in each.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

That at least one yahoo in each state signed the petition means nothing to the overall absurd effort at secession... which is indeed focused largely on the ex-confederate states. 

[/QUOTE]

It will reach a million signatures overall by tomorrow most likely and to say "mostly conferate stataes" just shows your own bigotted attitude towards the south.

That some of the states were once (everyone who was there then is dead now) part of the confederacy idicates something racial is just assinine and race baiting!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

We could never let Tx and La (the main players secede) since about 70% of the US energy comes from or through them!

They could sustain their economies and probably thrive just selling energy!

Meat and agriculture wouldnt be a problem for them either!

Why couldn't we let Tex and La go?  They'd export gas to us and we'd export everything else to them.

LOL - they're not even gone yet and Tvoter is already crying to let them come back.

Imagine how much less we'd have to pay in taxes and in Insurance without those 2 states.  The entire Gulf Coast and much of the Atlantic Coast gone.  Great.  Where do I sign?

I can't wait - my taxes are going to drop big time.  Plus, we get a buffer with mexico.  Oh, but in no time.  And we could build an electrified fence to keep out the illegals - because before long, theose stupid red necks would be trying to sneak across the border.

Oh, and maybe we can invite Canada into the Union.  They might even agree to become part of the US since most of the Red Necks would be gone. 

Will the seceded red states reinstate slavery?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

lol, tvoter, you f**king putz. 

What tvoter again chose not to admit - because he is such a bad liar - is that these petitions are in fact the Obama administration's program to open access to government

Sorry madam but, I never said any state actually would or even could secede in reality!

So pull up your big girl panties and act like an  adult.

IMHO these petition are nothing more than a portion (although a significant portion inmo) of the public that are saying "we do not agree with you and we want you to take our views seriously and not try to shove any policies that affect us or our states constitution negatively down pour throats just because you have a majority!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

No looting? I need a new flat screen.

NO MO O it's all your fault that I have to change my shirt.......... I spit my drink out from laughing after reading your comment about looting.

GOOD ONE !

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Will the seceded red states reinstate slavery?

----------------------------------------------

Cold hearted orb, that rules the night

Removes the colors from our sight

Red is gray, and yellow white

But we decide which is right

And which is an illusion.

It was a republican who freed the slaves and republicanS who let women vote and passed Civil rights.

Ya but, how long ago did that party exist? Could times have changed????

Spielberg needs you to promote his film.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/white-house-secede-petitions-reach-660000-signatures-50-state-participation/

The people are the real government!

Declaration of Independence's assertion that "Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government."

I'm signing the petition for Texas to secede too! LOLOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Ya but, how long ago did that party exist? Could times have changed????

Spielberg needs you to promote his film.

Yea, I keep forgetting about that big dem myth that the parties switched roles.

Lets see, Bob Byrd led the filibuster against civil rights, and died a democrat.

Uh huh.  Need a bridge?  Its really pretty.

No, actually - Strom Thurmond led the fillibuster in 57 (speaking for more than 24 hours straight), and died a Republican, switching parties in 1964.  Richard Russell led the filibuster in 64.  

Byrd changed his heart and mind, and renounced his racist views before he died - Thurmond changed his party and never did renounce his earlier beliefs, despite having fathered a black daughter.

You really don't buy that the Dems lost the deep south because the civil rights act?  The only states Goldwater won in 64 were his home state (AZ), plus MS, AL, GA, LA & SC.  None of which voted Repbulican in 1960.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

2004: Feeling they’ve lost any say in how the nation is run, liberals are turning to an unfamiliar philosophy: States’ rights.

Guess who was the secessionist leader :

In the days after the election, fantasies of blue-state secession ricocheted around the Internet. Liberals indulged themselves in maps showing Canada gathering the blue states into its social democratic embrace, leaving the red states to form their own “Jesusland.” They passed around the scathing rant from the Web site F***uck the South, which lacerated the chauvinism of the “heartland” and pointed out that the coasts, far from destroying marriage, actually have lower divorce rates than the interior.

These sentiments were so pronounced that they migrated into the mainstream. Speaking on “The McLaughlin Group” the weekend after George W. Bush’s victory, panelist Lawrence O’Donnell, a former Democratic Senate staffer, noted that blue states subsidize the red ones with their tax dollars, and said, “The big problem the country now has, which is going to produce a serious discussion of secession over the next 20 years, is that the segment of the country that pays for the federal government is now being governed by the people who don’t pay for the federal government.”

A shocked Tony Blankley asked him, “Are you calling for civil war?” To which O’Donnell replied, “You can secede without firing a shot.”  [WAJ note -- transcript here, still looking for video]

And not just Big Larry, Blue states buzz over secession (emphasis mine)

One popular map circulating on the Internet shows the 19 blue states won by Sen. John Kerry — Washington, Oregon, California, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Maryland and the Northeastern states — conjoined with Canada to form the “United States of Canada.” The 31 red states carried by Mr. Bush are depicted as a separate nation dubbed “Jesusland.”

The idea isn’t just a joke; one top Democrat says, “The segment of the country that pays for the federal government is now being governed by the people who don’t pay for the federal government.”

“Some would say, ‘Oh, poor Alabama. It’s cut off from the wealth infusion that it gets from New York and California,’” said Lawrence O’Donnell, a veteran Democratic insider and now senior political analyst at MSNBC. “But the more this political condition goes on at the presidential level of the red and blue states, the more you’re testing the inclination of the blue states to say, ‘So what?’”

The emergence of a solidly Republican South prompted longtime Democratic activist Bob Beckel to advocate Southern independence the morning after Election Day.

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts