Alqeida attacks another US consulate.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Alqeida attacks another US consulate.

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to slomag's comment:

[QUOTE]

This thread is very telling.  If I thought every Arab with a gun was Al Qaeda then I would think Benghazi was a watergate-scope coverup too.  

Bengazi is bigger than watergate. Watergate was a second rate burglary, and no one died.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, not every president can keep Americans in a war zone as safe as .... Nixon?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

But that's what we get for being the single most successful recruiting tool for jihadism in decades.

The single most successful recruiting tool for jihadist is the indoctrinated promise of 72 virgins and paradise if, they die killing infidels. Period

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[QUOTE]

But that's what we get for being the single most successful recruiting tool for jihadism in decades.

The single most successful recruiting tool for jihadist is the indoctrinated promise of 72 virgins and paradise if, they die killing infidels. Period

[/QUOTE]

And, where do they learn that? In madrasahs funded by the wahhabi's, or from the U.S.?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Ya, suck up the arabic koolaid. I bet it tasts great?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

This thread is very telling.  If I thought every Arab with a gun was Al Qaeda then I would think Benghazi was a watergate-scope coverup too.

Some of them are Hezbollah, obviously.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bengazi is bigger than watergate. Watergate was a second rate burglary, and no one died.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, not every president can keep Americans in a war zone as safe as .... Nixon?

[/QUOTE]

Try to stay in the present.  This is about our current situation.  Dredging up the past only serves to show that you, and the left, are not serious about protecting Americans, and can't be trusted with our national defence and foreign policy.  For you, it is always trying to find someone from the past that was worsethan Obama.  Weak, very weak.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Try to stay in the present.  This is about our current situation.  Dredging up the past only serves to show that you, and the left, are not serious about protecting Americans, and can't be trusted with our national defence and foreign policy.  For you, it is always trying to find someone from the past that was worsethan Obama.  Weak, very weak.

[/QUOTE]

Come on Skeeter.  Every time somebody breaks an egg in the white house, conservatives compare it to watergate.  I'm not the one dredging up the past, but when it comes to judging a President, you conservatives pretend no president has ever come before Obama.  On foreign policy, especially, who has done a better job?   

Even your na-na-na-na-noo-noo moment is going to result in the destruction of chemical weapons in Syria with zero military engagement.  All I hear from conservatives is 'he looks bad', with no alternative plans, and utter disregard for the results.  I think the beards on the Red Sox players look bad, but it doesn't make me pine for last year's team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Even your na-na-na-na-noo-noo moment is going to result in the destruction of chemical weapons in Syria with zero military engagement

That's a bit of a reach at this point and it's actually the best case scenario. There are lots and lots of things that could yet go wrong. Despite the painfully inept actions of this administration, I'm rooting for them to somehow succeed in removing the Syrian WMD threat and keep us out of a nasty and chaotic situation.

That said, there are already hints of impending disaster.

President Obama declared that the United States is still prepared to act militarily to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons despite the decision to pursue a diplomatic deal and not strike Syria over its alleged use of chemical weapons.

and

Syria has moved 20 trucks worth of equipment and material used for the manufacturing of chemical weapons into neighboring Iraq, the Lebanese daily Al-Mustaqbal reported on Sunday.

and

JERUSALEM (AP) -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Sunday sent a strong warning to Syria, saying `the threat of force is real' if it does not carry out an internationally brokered agreement to hand over its chemical weapons.

all clips from links on todays Drudgereport.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]Even your na-na-na-na-noo-noo moment is going to result in the destruction of chemical weapons in Syria with zero military engagement

That's a bit of a reach at this point and it's actually the best case scenario. There are lots and lots of things that could yet go wrong. Despite the painfully inept actions of this administration, I'm rooting for them to somehow succeed in removing the Syrian WMD threat and keep us out of a nasty and chaotic situation.

That said, there are already hints of impending disaster.

President Obama declared that the United States is still prepared to act militarily to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons despite the decision to pursue a diplomatic deal and not strike Syria over its alleged use of chemical weapons.

and

Syria has moved 20 trucks worth of equipment and material used for the manufacturing of chemical weapons into neighboring Iraq, the Lebanese daily Al-Mustaqbal reported on Sunday.

and

JERUSALEM (AP) -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Sunday sent a strong warning to Syria, saying `the threat of force is real' if it does not carry out an internationally brokered agreement to hand over its chemical weapons.

all clips from links on todays Drudgereport.

[/QUOTE]

Best case scenario is that all chemical weapons are found and destroyed.  Worst case scenario is only some are found and destroyed, and Assad uses the remaining weapons again.  In that worst case scenario, having truly exhausted diplomatic solutions (not just paying lip service to the idea that war is a last resort), we would have much broader UN and coalition support.  

Obama did not act swifty and decicively, and you see that as ineptitude.  There are probably some circumstances when you would be right, but in this case it was Obama's struggle with authorizing a strike that opened the door to a much better solution that we never would have thought possible otherwise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Obama did not act swifty and decicively, and you see that as ineptitude

No. I see how over the course of his tenure as POTUS he's failed to build relationships with our allies preferring to try to futher the myth that our enemies would somehow respond to a kinder, gentler America. I see how he painted himself into a corner with an ultimatim that he couldn't back up and had to depend on others to rescue him. I see how Assad is now free to continue prosecuting a war that he's winning without any real consequences for allegedly using WMD that he really doesn't need to be successfull. I see how Putin has gained in influence in the Middle East at the expense of the United States. I see how he's allied us with forces the would ultimately love to be a part of our destruction. I see a President and an administration who excel at national politics and besting a pathetic GOP but are absolute failures at dealing with people that play these games with deadly seriousness.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on Skeeter.  Every time somebody breaks an egg in the white house, conservatives compare it to watergate.  I'm not the one dredging up the past, but when it comes to judging a President, you conservatives pretend no president has ever come before Obama.  On foreign policy, especially, who has done a better job?   

Even your na-na-na-na-noo-noo moment is going to result in the destruction of chemical weapons in Syria with zero military engagement.  All I hear from conservatives is 'he looks bad', with no alternative plans, and utter disregard for the results.  I think the beards on the Red Sox players look bad, but it doesn't make me pine for last year's team.

[/QUOTE]

If you are staying in the present, why do you bering up Nixon?

Lame.  The left is spinning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"Alqeida attacks another US consulate."

Wait...that can't be. I thought Al Qaeda had been "decimated" and was "on the run" and "on the path to defeat"? At least that is what Obama has told the American people over and over again.

13. This post has been removed.