Americans are Fed up with Israel

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Americans are Fed up with Israel

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mitchell-g-bard/american-attitudes-toward_1_b_3154507.html

One constant fear in the Jewish community is that the American public will at some point turn on Israel and this will be echoed by Congress and the administration and, ultimately, result in a change in U.S. policy for the worse. The concern is that a variety of factors have already led to a diminution of support for Israel. They include: media bias, delegitimization campaigns, divestment efforts and other anti-Israel activities on college campuses, the Arab lobby, and unpopular Israeli policies. Support for Israel has particularly eroded among the younger generation which is a harbinger of trouble ahead.

Do the polls justify this fear?

The best indication of Americans' attitude toward Israel is found in the response to the most consistently asked question about the Middle East: "In the Middle East situation, are your sympathies more with Israel or with the Palestinians (prior to 1993 it was the Arab nations). The organization that has conducted the most surveys is Gallup. Support for Israel in Gallup Polls has remained consistently around the 50% mark since 1967. The most recent poll, reported by Gallup in February 2013 found that sympathy for Israel tied the all-time high of 64%, matching the figure during the first Gulf War. By comparison only 12% expressed support for the Palestinians.

--

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mitchell-g-bard/american-attitudes-toward_1_b_3154507.html

One constant fear in the Jewish community is that the American public will at some point turn on Israel and this will be echoed by Congress and the administration and, ultimately, result in a change in U.S. policy for the worse. The concern is that a variety of factors have already led to a diminution of support for Israel. They include: media bias, delegitimization campaigns, divestment efforts and other anti-Israel activities on college campuses, the Arab lobby, and unpopular Israeli policies. Support for Israel has particularly eroded among the younger generation which is a harbinger of trouble ahead.

Do the polls justify this fear?

The best indication of Americans' attitude toward Israel is found in the response to the most consistently asked question about the Middle East: "In the Middle East situation, are your sympathies more with Israel or with the Palestinians (prior to 1993 it was the Arab nations). The organization that has conducted the most surveys is Gallup. Support for Israel in Gallup Polls has remained consistently around the 50% mark since 1967. The most recent poll, reported by Gallup in February 2013 found that sympathy for Israel tied the all-time high of 64%, matching the figure during the first Gulf War. By comparison only 12% expressed support for the Palestinians.

--

SB,

But, but ,but some will never ever let the facts get in the way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

"please stop hijacking the thread with off topic chit chat. if you want to small talk about your personal life, then please start your own thread. i contacted BDC and they agree, you are hijacking the thread and being very disruptive, taking this forum to a new low."

Some speak with forked tongue.                                                           

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

That is what I thought.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

12 percent, in this case, also represents a large group.

Just sayin.

--

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

In response to MrCricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]Israel has highest poverty rate in the developed world, OECD report shows Israel is the most impoverished of the 34 member countries, with a poverty rate of 20.9%, according to a report released by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israel-is-the-poorest-country-in-developed-world-oecd-report-shows.premium-1.524096

I always thought we were too one-sided in our support for Israel. We should have made the other countries in that region equal partners.

[/QUOTE]

You do know that Egypt is the second largest recipient of U.S. foriegn aid?  You do know that Iran used to be our ally, until Carter dropped the ball?  I'll give you this:  Saudia Arabia is problematic in terms of a long term play, but they have supported our efforts over there in real, tangible ways.

So much for painting Israel as our only partner in the region.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

if you eliminate the evidence that goes against your point, you are always right.

He does love the report button. Even if you hate gay people, you are at least not as much of a coward as he is.

I don't hate gay people. Stop it.  And, I am a coward.

-------------------------------------------------------------

You like gays as much as you like cancer.

"In my worldview, homosexuality is as wrong as cancer."
    Skeeter20, 9/21/11

Think what you will, johnny one note.  You don't celebrate diversity, you celebrate conformity to librul ideology.

Sorry if the truth offends you.

But, this has what to do with the middle east?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Israel has highest poverty rate in the developed world, OECD report shows Israel is the most impoverished of the 34 member countries, with a poverty rate of 20.9%, according to a report released by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israel-is-the-poorest-country-in-developed-world-oecd-report-shows.premium-1.524096

I always thought we were too one-sided in our support for Israel. We should have made the other countries in that region equal partners.

[/QUOTE]

You do know that Egypt is the second largest recipient of U.S. foriegn aid?  You do know that Iran used to be our ally, until Carter dropped the ball?  I'll give you this:  Saudia Arabia is problematic in terms of a long term play, but they have supported our efforts over there in real, tangible ways.

So much for painting Israel as our only partner in the region.

[/QUOTE]

Carter dropped the ball concerning Iran? LOL. At least he didn't sell them missiles like Reagan did.

[/QUOTE]

Well, yah, he dropped the ball big time.  Seems to be largely a Democrat thing.  You know how I can tell? It is because you got to go to Reagan, or Bush, or Cheney to try. To. Deflect.

the Middle East instability we have today is for. The most part the product of Democrat policies.  Heck of a job.

Funny how you didn't pick up on Egypt getting more money than any other country except for Israel.

I guess you gots agenda, and the facts don't seem to fit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Win a job in Israel at one of these companies: See all of the opportunities Israel has to offer.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as aninformal fallacymore precisely an irrelevance

You are repeating yourself.

You posted that exact post, also in response to Gregin on another thread.

I will say it again. Good for you. You have demonstrated you can use an online dictionary.

That is not the point.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument. Ad hominem reasoning is normally described as aninformal fallacymore precisely an irrelevance

I will say it again. Good for you. You have demonstrated you can use an online dictionary.

That is not the point.

greg like's to use ad hominem arguments in many threads, that is the point. you have demonstrated your lack of comprehension skills. congrats!

Gee, picking on Gregin when he has left the thread for the time being.

And our little teenage poster, as any other human being I have my strengths and weaknesses.

Lack of comprehension is not one of my weaknesses. I have three hard to get advanced degrees , among other things, that validate that.

What do you bring to the table that is an impartial view of your strengths, our prolific poster?

This is not an attack. You brought up the subject of reading comprehension. So what do you have except your own opinion which is hardly impartial or proof of anything?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

who doesn't have a degree these days? lol that piece of paper doesn't make you immune to illogical fallacies and comprehension errors. appeal to authority fallacy? me thinks so. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

who doesn't have a degree these days? lol that piece of paper doesn't make you immune to illogical fallacies and comprehension errors. appeal to authority fallacy? me thinks so. 

Try again. 

Do you have any advanced degrees and if so, what and from where?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

first, tell me how your questions are relevant to the thread. then, explain how your questions are not attempts at appealing to authority to make yourself look intellectually superior without actually having to prove it. then, tell me the end game once i do tell you my degrees and from where. will you just simply take my word for it and believe my answer? or will you keep derailing the thread finding new ways to make me prove my answer? finally, why should i believe your answer regarding how many degrees you have, and why should i even care? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

first, tell me how your questions are relevant to the thread. then, explain how your questions are not attempts at appealing to authority to make yourself look intellectually superior without actually having to prove it. then, tell me the end game once i do tell you my degrees and from where. will you just simply take my word for it and believe my answer? or will you keep derailing the thread finding new ways to make me prove my answer? finally, why should i believe your answer regarding how many degrees you have, and why should i even care? 

Said the guy unable to capitalise any word that should be. You're really embarassing yourself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

That is not the point.

greg like's to use ad hominem arguments in many threads, that is the point. you have demonstrated your lack of comprehension skills. congrats!

like's??