Americans more addicted to entitlements than ever before.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Americans more addicted to entitlements than ever before.

18% of people's personal income comes from entitlements.  Now, I know the righties are going to claim it is a sign the Dems are pandering to the poor.  And the lefties will claim it is as a result of the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer.

I see both points, but, if this trend continues, we all have to admit, we are in deep do o do o.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-04-26-government-payments-economy-medicare.htm?loc=interstitialskip

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

Re: Americans more addicted to entitlements than ever before.

That's music to a liberal's ears

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Americans more addicted to entitlements than ever before.:
    [QUOTE]18% of people's personal income comes from entitlements.  Now, I know the righties are going to claim it is a sign the Dems are pandering to the poor.  And the lefties will claim it is as a result of the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. I see both points, but, if this trend continues, we all have to admit, we are in deep do o do o. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-04-26-government-payments-economy-medicare.htm?loc=interstitialskip
    Posted by whatnow4[/QUOTE]

What you arent considering is the economy has alot to do with that 18% . So i guess the real question here is are we all willing to let our fellow Americans live in the streets and starve to save a buck ? I mean really after we get past all the political left right BS thats the only question to answer besides who do we let decide who they are that we do it to.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

In Response to Re: Americans more addicted to entitlements than ever before.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Americans more addicted to entitlements than ever before. : Ya really think this blinding myriad of entitlements actually prevent "our fellow Americans live[ing] in the streets and starve to save a buck"   And I'll tell ya this.  If expecting SOMEthing back from programs I've been paying into my entire working life, is an "entitlement", then hey, F U! (not YOU, them ) Clinton's SS surplus was laughable.  Sorry, IMPOSSIBLE!
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Amen...so tired of SS and Medicare being lumped in with welfare.  Its insulting to everyone who pays into it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Re: Americans more addicted to entitlements than ever before.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Americans more addicted to entitlements than ever before. : Ya really think this blinding myriad of entitlements actually prevent "our fellow Americans live[ing] in the streets and starve to save a buck"   And I'll tell ya this.  If expecting SOMEthing back from programs I've been paying into my entire working life, is an "entitlement", then hey, F U! (not YOU, them ) Clinton's SS surplus was laughable.  Sorry, IMPOSSIBLE!
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Yes it does help them . Why do you think you need to see a monetary return for the charity/help we do for our citizens ?

Always curious why people like you run after the folks instead of the tax money give aways to corporations that have more of a effect on your lives than these programs. They use your tax money to take jobs out of the country, they get tax payer funded subsidies and your cost still go higher every year, they put factories in other countries for cheaper labour cost but send those very cheaper to produce products right back at a higher price than before. You get tax cuts 10 years running and look around kid your cost on everything go up not long after the cut. And you GUYS fall for it every time . And of course when it happens who do you blame, the poor folk and the programs that deal with the same rise in costs created by the very ones you say nothing or hardly anything about.