An SNL skit?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: An SNL skit?

It may seem warmed over to those who are pretty solid financial planners, but I'd argue one element missing from traditional education is basic financial literacy.  The complicated nature of certain financial matters practically ensures that some people are going to engage in activities they don't fully appreciate or understand and as a result will harm themselves.  Certain best practices for personal finance are counter intuitive.  One would think having a 0 balance on credit cards would be great, but in reality maintaining a balance of less than 30 to 40 percent of your limit can be good especially when applying for more credit (like a car or home loan).  Add in the illegitimate financial scams that are out there and its no wonder people have a hard time navigating what should be basic financial transactions. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

It may seem warmed over to those who are pretty solid financial planners, but I'd argue one element missing from traditional education is basic financial literacy.  The complicated nature of certain financial matters practically ensures that some people are going to engage in activities they don't fully appreciate or understand and as a result will harm themselves.  Certain best practices for personal finance are counter intuitive.  One would think having a 0 balance on credit cards would be great, but in reality maintaining a balance of less than 30 to 40 percent of your limit can be good especially when applying for more credit (like a car or home loan).  Add in the illegitimate financial scams that are out there and its no wonder people have a hard time navigating what should be basic financial transactions. 

I have carried a 0 balance on my credit card since 2002 and I have excellent credit. Never had an issue with car and home loans. Plus as a result of no balance, whatever I've purchased via my card didn't cost me more than what I actually bought it for...meaning I didn't pay extra on any item due to credit care interest rate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

I have carried a 0 balance on my credit card since 2002 and I have excellent credit. Never had an issue with car and home loans. Plus as a result of no balance, whatever I've purchased via my card didn't cost me more than what I actually bought it for...meaning I didn't pay extra on any item due to credit care interest rate.

He was likely refering to people with no established credit. In that case he is right. After establishing a strong credit record your method is best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

He was likely refering to people with no established credit. In that case he is right. After establishing a strong credit record your method is best.

Ah...fair point

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Ah...fair point

Yeah sorry, I meant in terms of establishing or repairing credit.  I am like you, I try to keep my cards at 0.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

What do you want, a medal? Geesh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

Gold please. Thanks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Gold please. Thanks!

You must have a ton of them....ahem

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Gold please. Thanks!

I do...I excelled in sports...what can I say. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Gold please. Thanks!

We're all glad your ego was satiated. Playing for the Sox, Pats? or just boring everyone you know with your high school antics.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Gold please. Thanks!

We're all glad your ego was satiated. Playing for the Sox, Pats? or just boring everyone you know with your high school antics.

Jealousy will get you nowhere...hahaha....you make this too easy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Gold please. Thanks!

Like I thought, just boring everyone you know with your high school antics. And now here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Gold please. Thanks!

Like I thought, just boring everyone you know with your high school antics. And now here.

Hahaha....too easy

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Gold please. Thanks!

Ah yes, Sox and Patriots gold medals

Hahaha...I didn't have the heart to explain that to him. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Gold please. Thanks!

Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
    a little of the glory of, well time slips away
    and leaves you with nothing mister but
    boring stories of glory days

Bruce S.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Gold please. Thanks!

Bruce S.

Still laughing at Sox and Patriots gold medals....hahahahaha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Gold please. Thanks!

Bruce S.

Ya, that was so hysterical. sigh. While completely missing the point, or in your vocabulary: whooosh

Im still laughing at you bragging about your glory days in high school, or pee wee football. A grown man. Al Bundy gets your pain. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Gold please. Thanks!

Bruce S.

Ya, that was so hysterical. sigh. While completely missing the point, or in your vocabulary: whooosh

Im still laughing at you bragging about your glory days in high school, or pee wee football. A grown man. Al Bundy gets your pain. 

Is that what I did...hmmmm...talk about you be more clueless than I thought. Yikes...