Another example of how fair law enforcement is with respect to race.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Another example of how fair law enforcement is with respect to race.

Seems your issue is with law enforcement...so why is this in the politics thread?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Zimmerman wasn't booked or even drug tested, even though they tested the victim's blood.

Note: Missouri does have a stand your ground law on the books.

Missouri Police Seek Murder Charge for Man Who Shot at 15-Member Mob that Was Beating Him

Tyaaron Harris has been arrested on murder charges after fatally shooting another man in an altercation. According one witness, however, the shooting was a cut-and-dry case of self-defense.

Cierra White told reporters she was sitting on her back porch in Webster Groves, Mo., when she saw a fight break out involving one of her neighbors. She stated that Harris, her neighbor, had an ongoing dispute with Laron Taylor.

Taylor and about 14 other men approached Harris and began kicking and beating him. White later said Harris drew his gun as he fell to the ground and opened fire on Taylor.

“They beat him, they began punching him and stomping him — all kind of things,” White said. “He was beginning to fall to the ground, and as he was falling, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a weapon, and he actually shot and happened to hit one of the guys in the chest.”

Police arrived on the scene and Taylor was rushed to the hospital where the surgery proved unsuccessful. Taylor died a day after the shooting.

The police have charged Harris with second-degree murder and armed criminal action following Taylor’s death. He is being held on a $100,000 bail.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/mo-police-seek-murder-charge-man-who-shot-15-member-mob-was-beating-him

Was he carrying the gun lawfully?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"Was he carrying the gun lawfully?"

Does it really matter if 14 people are beating the snot out of you?

Um...yes...yes it does. Illegal is illegal. If the gun was in his possession illegally it doesn't matter if 100 people were beating the snot out of him. It's still illegal possession. 

No where does it say he was charged with any gun crime.

Then he either was carrying legally or the article didn't get into such specifics. We may find out later about any possession charges

The first and immediate charge is murder.

Going by the books that makes sense. Someone died as a result of being shot. Based on witness testimony the murder charge will likely get dropped. If it doesn't then that's a problem

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Does it really matter if 14 people are beating the snot out of you?

Not in the least, legally speaking.

In fact, if the state's law is anything like Mass, you don't even need a state license to possess a firearm if you are in your home or place of business. THen you only need an FID card.

Either way, even if it was a stolen gun it has nothing to do with what happens when 15 people are beating you to death. 

Funny. He gave Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt from day 1. But this guy? He asks whether he legally had the gun. (no such question for Zimmerman) 

Mmmm   

lol, you guys are hilarious.

The first I heard of Zimmerman it stated his legally carried firearm.

Cierra White told reporters she was sitting on her back porch in Webster Groves, Mo., when she saw a fight break out involving one of her neighbors. She stated that Harris, her neighbor, had an ongoing dispute with Laron Taylor.

Taylor and about 14 other men approached Harris and began kicking and beating him. White later said Harris drew his gun as he fell to the ground and opened fire on Taylor.

“They beat him, they began punching him and stomping him — all kind of things,” White said. “He was beginning to fall to the ground, and as he was falling, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a weapon, and he actually shot and happened to hit one of the guys in the chest.”

If, you pay attention.

She states (assuming she knows) she was "on her back porch" when she "saw a fight break out" so obviousloy they were not "in his house".

He pulled a gun "out of his pocket" which means it was concealed.

Im not saying the guy was wrong but, if you are carrying a concealled gun illegally and kill someone; there should be consequences.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

article image

Apparently this is what the defendant looks like.

I hope no one thinks that should matter.

Particularly after all the hissy fits over "white hispanic" and the media coverage of the Zimmerman business.

Obviously you think it matters.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"In fact, if the state's law is anything like Mass, you don't even need a state license to possess a firearm if you are in your home or place of business. THen you only need an FID card"

Well, considering they were outside and he had the gun in his pocket, if it's like MA, then a License to Carry permit is needed, an FID card would not do. If he has the LTC or it's a state where one isn't needed then he doesn't have to worry about any illegal possession charges.

Hopefully this is a case where the murder charges get dropped since it seems at 14 to 1 his life was in danger.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Im not saying the guy was wrong but, if you are carrying a concealled gun illegallyand kill someone; there should be consequences.

You are completely transparent. I know you'll pose a million different ways on this issue, but it's there for all to see.

You backed Zimmerman for shooting Martin, a lighter smaller guy than him.

This guy gets attacked by 14 people and you think he should go to jail because of your suspicion that he was illegally carrying a firearm. 

Fortunately the law isn't as twisted as tvoter. If the guy possessed the gun illegally, he will face a gun charge.

Calm down homegirl!

I never said he should go to jail. I said if, someone kills someone with a concealed handgun that is carried illegally there should be consequences.

I fully respect his right to defend himself in his ongoing feud.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Note how tvoter automatically trusted any witness who said Martin was on top of Zimmerman.

I didnt say I trusted anyone. I did say "the closest eye witness with the best view in the trial stated that, Treyvon was on top of Zimmerman hitting him MMA style"

But, carry on.......lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

...he'll take Zimmerman's word that he needed to shoot one guy dead for punching him in the nose, but will demand from day 1 that this guy go to jail despite the fact that he was clearly being attacked by 14 people.....

Are you drinking or drugging already?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TyAaronsAunt. Show TyAaronsAunt's posts

Zimmerman wasn't booked or even drug tested, even though they tested the victim's blood.

Note: Missouri does have a stand your ground law on the books.

Missouri Police Seek Murder Charge for Man Who Shot at 15-Member Mob that Was Beating Him

Tyaaron Harris has been arrested on murder charges after fatally shooting another man in an altercation. According one witness, however, the shooting was a cut-and-dry case of self-defense.

“They beat him, they began punching him and stomping him — all kind of things,” White said. “He was beginning to fall to the ground, and as he was falling, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a weapon, and he actually shot and happened to hit one of the guys in the chest.”

Police arrived on the scene and Taylor was rushed to the hospital where the surgery proved unsuccessful. Taylor died a day after the shooting.

The police have charged Harris with second-degree murder and armed criminal action following Taylor’s death. He is being held on a $100,000 bail.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/mo-police-seek-murder-charge-man-who-shot-15-member-mob-was-beating-him

TyAaron Harris is my nephew and he had every Right to protect his life. He was carrying his gun legally on his own property when the mob of 15 men began beating and cutting him (see his chest wounds in the photo, they attacked him with blades). This all started days before with a verbal dispute with an in-law. The mob consisted of the cousins of the in-law and it was one of the in-laws cousins that was fatally wounded. We have all had our share of disagreements with our in-laws, it should have never led to this. TyAaron is a wonderful man and father, that mugshot does not at all represent who he is. If you would like to know what kind of man and father he is please visit http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tyaaron-harris-legal-self-defense-fund/x/4097370

TyAaron was just protecting his Right to Life. I spoke with him yesterday and he is just asking for everyone to pray for both families right now every night at 10pm. Mathew 18:20 states that where two or three gather in His name, He will be there in the midst of them. The in-law has since come forward with apologies to both families and has been embraced and forgiven not just by our family, but by TyAaron as well. He was in tears on the phone speaking of his forgiveness for the in-law and prayers for everyone involved. Thank you to everyone for your support during this difficult time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TyAaronsAunt. Show TyAaronsAunt's posts

Im not saying the guy was wrong but, if you are carrying a concealled gun illegallyand kill someone; there should be consequences.

You are completely transparent. I know you'll pose a million different ways on this issue, but it's there for all to see.

This guy gets attacked by 14 people and you think he should go to jail because of your suspicion that he was illegally carrying a firearm.

I think tvoter is trying to hide his prejudice. He's trying to set up the discussion so that he can claim that people who support gun control should agree with him that whether or not this guy properly engaged in self-defense should turn on whether or not he legally possessed the firearm.

Fortunately the law isn't as twisted as tvoter. If the guy possessed the gun illegally, he will face a gun charge.

That has nothing to do with whether he properly engaged in self-defense by shooting one of the 14 people attacking him.

Thankfully my nephew TyAaron Harris was in legal possesion of his weapon on his own property and well within his right to stand his ground and protect his life. I just don't understand why they are charging him with 2nd degree murder, this doesn't make any sense. All because of a verbal dispute he had with an in-law days before. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tyaaron-harris-legal-self-defense-fund/x/4097370

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrified-sheeple. Show terrified-sheeple's posts

In response to TyAaronsAunt's comment:

[QUOTE)

I think tvoter is trying to hide his prejudice. He's trying to set up the discussion so that he can claim that people who support gun control should agree with him that whether or not this guy properly engaged in self-defense should turn on whether or not he legally possessed the firearm.

That has nothing to do with whether he properly engaged in self-defense by shooting one of the 14 people attacking him.

Thankfully my nephew TyAaron Harris was in legal possesion of his weapon on his own property and well within his right to stand his ground and protect his life. I just don't understand why they are charging him with 2nd degree murder, this doesn't make any sense. All because of a verbal dispute he had with an in-law days before. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tyaaron-harris-legal-self-defense-fund/x/4097370

Because the elites, who own the vast majority of both republicans and democrats, don't want ANYONE being able to protect themselves, just like in England where they'll arrest you if you stab someone that is robbing your home.

It's all about crushing any possibilty of dissent when they finally crash the economy, like Greece. They don't want millions of people with guns taking back their country. Once they ban guns, it will be sooo mueasier for them. That's why the DHS listed "returning veterans" as potential domestic terrorists.

Sections
Shortcuts