Another Obama SCOTUS loss. Hobby Lobby wins, 5-4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Re: Another Obama SCOTUS loss. Hobby Lobby wins, 5-4

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:

[QUOTE]

Let me ask: Which of the following, if any, would the conservatives who oppose Obamacare approve of:

- A mandate to buy insurance; leave mandatory minimum coverage requirements to states.

- Prohibition of refusing to cover people with pre-existing conditions.

- Ban on dropping people once they got sick.

- Just have Medicare/Medicaid cover pre-X/dropped people.

- Exchanges that do not set minimum requirements for insurance, but function to bargain for across-state group-rate policies for people on the individual market.

- (related) Policies bought in such exchanges are exempt from the state coverage requirements where the insured resides.

It seems to me that you can't get any dumber than "well let's just repeal Obamacare and hope that things aren't broken, like we all agreed they were until Obama was elected".

What health care crisis? 88% of people were happy with their health insurance before Obamacare. Things werent generally broke. Those parts that were broken, the Government broke them.

ObamaCare's  solutions were akin to killing a flea with a sledgehammer.

If the problem was young healthy people not getting insurance, ObamaCare has failed.

If the problem is poor people not having insurance, we already had Medicaid. ObamaCare has failed to get the vast majority of uninsured with insurance.

ObamaCare was an excuse to go to single payer, as many Democrats have admitted...

Obamacare's beauty to Democrats is that it has made such a mess of things, that single payer will be the "emergency solution".... 

[/QUOTE]

You got that right.

To paraphrase that eloquent mouth piece of the left, Joe Biden, these lying, scamming pieces of _____ called democrats want to put us all back in chains.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let me ask: Which of the following, if any, would the conservatives who oppose Obamacare approve of:

- A mandate to buy insurance; leave mandatory minimum coverage requirements to states.

- Prohibition of refusing to cover people with pre-existing conditions.

- Ban on dropping people once they got sick.

- Just have Medicare/Medicaid cover pre-X/dropped people.

- Exchanges that do not set minimum requirements for insurance, but function to bargain for across-state group-rate policies for people on the individual market.

- (related) Policies bought in such exchanges are exempt from the state coverage requirements where the insured resides.

It seems to me that you can't get any dumber than "well let's just repeal Obamacare and hope that things aren't broken, like we all agreed they were until Obama was elected".

[/QUOTE]

Nice dodge away from the topic of the thread.

Well, apparently, based of facts, mind you, it appears a dummerer thing is to be for Obamacare. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I guess I should have done a little research before commenting earlier. This ruling is not quite the slam dunk skeeter and friends think it is. More of a compromise that still gives women the same protections under the ACA.

Again..though..after reading the opinion, I am more convinced than ever that employer-based health insurance is going to be a thing of the past sooner rather than later. The extreme right doesn't seem to realize that no one is laying the foundation for that better than they are.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

Government takeover of health care..aka single payer.....cant wait, huh? It will be wonderful, if you admired the efficiency and benevolence of ObamaCare, this will be a slam dunk!

[/QUOTE]

Hey..you guys are the ones who are pushing it in that direction. I can't help it if you can't see the forest through the trees :-)

[/QUOTE]

Baloney. This has been the progressive plan all along.  You can't willingly get people to give up good healthcare, so you needed to totally break it first.

This is not conjecture.  This is what Barney Frank said during an interview.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

If you thought the nastiness and insults toward Hobby Lobby and their owners was  over the top, just wait until the next Supreme Court ruling on this issue...can only imagine the snark and insults by liberals, since the plaintiffs are:

"Little Sisters of the Poor"

(No doubt Harry Reid will insist they are a division of the evil 1% Koch Brothers corporate empire!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Where do I sign up for the " He-Man Woman Haters Club " ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Check with Rachel Maddow...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crankup ..... Rachel and I have a lot in common

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I guess I should have done a little research before commenting earlier. This ruling is not quite the slam dunk skeeter and friends think it is. More of a compromise that still gives women the same protections under the ACA.

Again..though..after reading the opinion, I am more convinced than ever that employer-based health insurance is going to be a thing of the past sooner rather than later. The extreme right doesn't seem to realize that no one is laying the foundation for that better than they are.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

[/QUOTE]

Government takeover of health care..aka single payer.....cant wait, huh? It will be wonderful, if you admired the efficiency and benevolence of ObamaCare, this will be a slam dunk!

[/QUOTE]

Hey..you guys are the ones who are pushing it in that direction. I can't help it if you can't see the forest through the trees :-)

[/QUOTE]

Baloney. This has been the progressive plan all along.  You can't willingly get people to give up good healthcare, so you needed to totally break it first.

This is not conjecture.  This is what Barney Frank said during an interview.

[/QUOTE]

Well..except that too many people had no access to the "good health care" that you are talking about....costs were spiraling out of control and private insurance companies were taking advantage of people raking in record profits while people were getting less and less for their money.

BTW..the most pathetic thing about this whole case? It had nothing to do with Hobby Lobby's religious freedom. Hobby Lobby offered generous coverage for contraception..including emergency contracetion ( plan B)..up until the mandate. How come providing contraception coverage did not violate their religious beliefs then?
    IMO..they just found a way to save themselves some money by passing the cost on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

BTW..the most pathetic thing about this whole case? It had nothing to do with Hobby Lobby's religious freedom. Hobby Lobby offered generous coverage for contraception..including emergency contracetion ( plan B)..up until the mandate. How come providing contraception coverage did not violate their religious beliefs then? 

IMO..they just found a way to save themselves some money by passing the cost on.

[/QUOTE]

If that is true then that is quite hypocritical and sleazy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Why does "religious freedom" always seem to be about policing the sex lives of everyone but straight men?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Crankup ..... Rachel and I have a lot in common

[/QUOTE]

Let me guess...you both shop at Men's Warehouse?

am I close?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to high-road's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why does "religious freedom" always seem to be about policing the sex lives of everyone but straight men?

[/QUOTE]

Huh.  How do you get that out of this ruling?  Or what has been said about religious freedom?

bit of a stretch, eh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to high-road's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh.  How do you get that out of this ruling?  Or what has been said about religious freedom?

bit of a stretch, eh?

[/QUOTE]

All the 5 rightwing members of SCOTUS did was to say that the religious belief of one group , the owners of Hobby Horse is more important than the religious beliefs of another group , the employees .

Sections
Shortcuts