In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
Let me ask: Which of the following, if any, would the conservatives who oppose Obamacare approve of:
- A mandate to buy insurance; leave mandatory minimum coverage requirements to states.
- Prohibition of refusing to cover people with pre-existing conditions.
- Ban on dropping people once they got sick.
- Just have Medicare/Medicaid cover pre-X/dropped people.
- Exchanges that do not set minimum requirements for insurance, but function to bargain for across-state group-rate policies for people on the individual market.
- (related) Policies bought in such exchanges are exempt from the state coverage requirements where the insured resides.
It seems to me that you can't get any dumber than "well let's just repeal Obamacare and hope that things aren't broken, like we all agreed they were until Obama was elected".
What health care crisis? 88% of people were happy with their health insurance before Obamacare. Things werent generally broke. Those parts that were broken, the Government broke them.
ObamaCare's solutions were akin to killing a flea with a sledgehammer.
If the problem was young healthy people not getting insurance, ObamaCare has failed.
If the problem is poor people not having insurance, we already had Medicaid. ObamaCare has failed to get the vast majority of uninsured with insurance.
ObamaCare was an excuse to go to single payer, as many Democrats have admitted...
Obamacare's beauty to Democrats is that it has made such a mess of things, that single payer will be the "emergency solution"....
You got that right.
To paraphrase that eloquent mouth piece of the left, Joe Biden, these lying, scamming pieces of _____ called democrats want to put us all back in chains.