any speculation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

any speculation?

......about why a military psychologist would turn Fort Hood into the new Columbine?  He treated Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and maybe the disorder is contageous??????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

Re: any speculation?

Thought crime?  Crime of passion?  Premeditated?  Due to insanity?  Terrorism?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellmoops. Show kellmoops's posts

Think about it - this guy sits and hears peoples stories from over there day after day after day. Hears about murders, rapes, atrocities, looting, hears all the trauma that our soldiers are being forced to deal with every day and his job is to try to counsel them. Then he's told that he has to go over there himself. He clearly snapped.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellmoops. Show kellmoops's posts

Also, no, PTSD is not contagious. Though I guess maybe listening to all of the soldiers stories mave have been traumatic to him. Long term, yeah, maybe that caused depression and PTSD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: any speculation?:
    [QUOTE]Think about it - this guy sits and hears peoples stories from over there day after day after day. Hears about murders, rapes, atrocities, looting, hears all the trauma that our soldiers are being forced to deal with every day and his job is to try to counsel them. Then he's told that he has to go over there himself. He clearly snapped.
    Posted by kellmoops[/QUOTE]

"At least six months ago, Hasan came to the attention of law enforcement officials because of Internet postings about suicide bombings and other threats, including posts that equated suicide bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade to save the lives of their comrades.

Investigators had not determined for certain whether Hasan was the author of the posting, and a formal investigation had not been opened before the shooting, said law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the case"

"The base commander at Fort Hood says soldiers who witnessed a shooting rampage that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire at the Texas post."

Doesn't sound like he "clearly snapped".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellmoops. Show kellmoops's posts

Did I say that? This is all speculation, considering the thread title.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]Thought crime?  Crime of passion?  Premeditated?  Due to insanity?  Terrorism?
    Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE]

Hate crime???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellmoops. Show kellmoops's posts

True, didn't see that information. Again, was speculation. Though, I guess he could have come to his "conclusions" over months and months of listening to the stories from returning soldiers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]Did I say that? This is all speculation, considering the thread title.

Yes you did actually. See above.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]True, didn't see that information. Again, was speculation. Though, I guess he could have come to his "conclusions" over months and months of listening to the stories from returning soldiers.

Yes he could have. Which then could not be considered "snapping".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellmoops. Show kellmoops's posts

Oops, I did say "clearly snapped", bad wording.  Did not mean to come off like it was a closed case on my part.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellmoops. Show kellmoops's posts

Hmmm....actually makes you wonder if he had these intentions before he joined the army. But then why go into counseling??

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm....actually makes you wonder if he had these intentions before he joined the army. But then why go into counseling??

Who knows. No matter what it's an understatement to say the guy is unstable. He's alive, based on latest reports, so hopefully we can find out what his reasons were.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: any speculation? : Who knows. No matter what it's an understatement to say the guy is unstable. He's alive, based on latest reports, so hopefully we can find out what his reasons were.
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard this morning, there are/were a ton of "red flags" over the last six months.  May we're too "PC" to protect our own soldiers, not sure where this one will land.

I have two possible scenarios though, from the "fringe posters" if you know what I mean:

1. Clearly Bushs' fault, if he hadn't made the whole world so mad at us over his eight years, this never would have happened.  Thank goodness we have Obama now to lead us on the road to world peace.  He did win that proze you know.

2. Obama and his cronies had this planned, staged, and carried out just in time to distract the country away from the big vote on Saturday.  Just like Clinton did when the Lewinsky thing was about to break.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to any speculation?:
    [QUOTE]......about why a military psychologist would turn Fort Hood into the new Columbine?  He treated Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and maybe the disorder is contageous??????
    Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE]  PLEASE SPARE ME/US WITH THE LIBERAL SPIN HERE......  THIS IS ALL ABOUT "FOLLOWING THE DOTS" !!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from s0ftsquash. Show s0ftsquash's posts

D. None of the above

The guy was a muslim extremist. How on earth could I possibly know that? Going out on a limb, I have to go with the fact that he was yelling "Allah Ahkbar".

Maybe I'm just a right wing hate-monger that can't see that the guy was looking for peace and love through his killing. Sure, OK.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]D. None of the above The guy was a muslim extremist. How on earth could I possibly know that? Going out on a limb, I have to go with the fact that he was yelling "Allah Ahkbar". Maybe I'm just a right wing hate-monger that can't see that the guy was looking for peace and love through his killing. Sure, OK.
    Posted by s0ftsquash[/QUOTE]

Admission of your right wing hate-mongering is the first step to recovery. Congratulations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from s0ftsquash. Show s0ftsquash's posts

only to took 7 minutes for the 1st lib to repeat it. Good job. Right out of the playbook.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

[QUOTE]only to took 7 minutes for the 1st lib to repeat it. Good job. Right out of the playbook.
    Posted by s0ftsquash[/QUOTE]

My theory?  unfortunately, we may be seing the first generation of home-grown terrorism.  His parents are Jordanian, and he refers to himself as Palestinian, not my words the AP.  He is VA born, age 37, parents came here to escape all the problems durning the 60's and 70's.  He takes full advantage of ROTC and gets his medical license, finally uses it against the US military when he doesn't want to play soldier any more.  Terrorist, coward, murderer, nut-case, all of the above.

The libs say this isn't terrorism, but look at the root definition, and that's what it is.  As far as I can tell, all muslims aren't terrorists, but so far, all of the terrorists have been muslim.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: any speculation? : My theory?  unfortunately, we may be seing the first generation of home-grown terrorism.  His parents are Jordanian, and he refers to himself as Palestinian, not my words the AP.  He is VA born, age 37, parents came here to escape all the problems durning the 60's and 70's.  He takes full advantage of ROTC and gets his medical license, finally uses it against the US military when he doesn't want to play soldier any more.  Terrorist, coward, murderer, nut-case, all of the above. The libs say this isn't terrorism, but look at the root definition, and that's what it is.  As far as I can tell, all muslims aren't terrorists, but so far, all of the terrorists have been muslim.
    Posted by dazydo[/QUOTE]
    Racist statement!
    We need to have "dialogue" with our enemies.. while they gun us down in OUR country.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: any speculation? : Racist statement! We need to have "dialogue" with our enemies.. while they gun us down in OUR country.  
    Posted by Ohhhhh-Bammy

The Dem spin will be this is a misunderstood, confused and angry "individual"... NOT a Muslim terrorist. My azz!!

[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from s0ftsquash. Show s0ftsquash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: any speculation? : My theory?  unfortunately, we may be seing the first generation of home-grown terrorism.  His parents are Jordanian, and he refers to himself as Palestinian, not my words the AP.  He is VA born, age 37, parents came here to escape all the problems durning the 60's and 70's.  He takes full advantage of ROTC and gets his medical license, finally uses it against the US military when he doesn't want to play soldier any more.  Terrorist, coward, murderer, nut-case, all of the above. The libs say this isn't terrorism, but look at the root definition, and that's what it is.  As far as I can tell, all muslims aren't terrorists, but so far, all of the terrorists have been muslim.
    Posted by dazydo[/QUOTE]

1st generation...dunno. Timothy McVeigh comes to mind.
    Dont be telling libs the root definition of anything. Truth and facts tend to mess up their kool-aid influenced definitions of things.
    Conservatives think with their brains...Liberals think with their hearts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]He's done more damage to Muslims serving with honor than anyone in the last 8 years.  That too, is a tragedy, and makes him a world class dick
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.  I just can't figure out why Homeland Security didn't pick up on this and DO something about it.  I hear there was an investigation considered about his emails, but he would have been deployed to Afghan. before they got around to it. Hood is the largest military post in the world.  They sound pretty lax about security.