Anybody else disgusted with Rolling Stones Magazine ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Anybody else disgusted with Rolling Stones Magazine ?

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

You are infering intent, and thats your opinion, but stimply because you think that is the case doesn't make it so.  I read the article and I don't see any attempt at creating a sympathetic story.  

I wouldn't expect someone like you to see that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

You are infering intent, and thats your opinion, but stimply because you think that is the case doesn't make it so.  I read the article and I don't see any attempt at creating a sympathetic story.  

[/QUOTE]

You don't know me, so you don't actually have any clue of who I am or what I stand for so lets not try to get personal, this is an internet debate on a message board.  Pump your brakes.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't know me, so you don't actually have any clue of who I am or what I stand for so lets not try to get personal, this is an internet debate on a message board.  Pump your brakes.    

[/QUOTE]

And you don't know me but you made assumption I was basing my opinion solely on the cover and not the story. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

[QUOTE]

Has anyone who  posted here bought the magazine in the last year?

Not since I was a kid.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said earlier..I thought it was out of print. Someone sent me the link to the article on Twitter..so I will probably read it at some point over the weekend since I don't have to go buy it.

BTW....TIME is far more "guilty" of these kinds of things than Rolling Stone could ever hope to be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to jackbu's comment:

[QUOTE]

Has anyone who  posted here bought the magazine in the last year?

Not since I was a kid.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said earlier..I thought it was out of print. Someone sent me the link to the article on Twitter..so I will probably read it at some point over the weekend since I don't have to go buy it.

BTW....TIME is far more "guilty" of these kinds of things than Rolling Stone could ever hope to be.

[/QUOTE]

Difference being Time doesn't play the sympathy card with things like "Saddam was failed by his family" or "McVeigh fell into radicalism", etc.

I have no problem with a magazine doing a story on these monsters. It's the sympathy card I don't like.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

So I finally read the Rolling Stone article. I am going to stand by my statement that I probably would not have splashed #'2's face over the entire cover. I am also going to say that now..having read the article over twice..I think the only thing wrong with the article is that it is incredibly ill-timed. I think it is simply too soon after the bombings. Had RS published this article a year from now...or even after the trial..I don't believe we would be seeing the same comments and criticisms.

I don't see a sympathetic slant to terrorist #2 in this article..at all. If there is any sympathetic slant..it appears to be towards the people who were interviewed...who knew what they thought was a different person than the murderous monster pictured on the cover.

The article is very well written and it seems to me that the author actually seems to be taking pains not to appear sympathetic towards #2. The tone of the article is such that sometimes "you just never know"...that's all. You really never know what a person is capable of and most people only show you the facade of what they want you to see.  That is what I got from the article.

Also..the article did not change the view that I have had from immediate days following the arrest...that #2's brother was the real mastermind and ringleader behind the Marathon Bombings.  I think that view is reinforced in the RS article and no doubt many people feel the same way. That in no way exonerates #2. He knew what he was doing...and he deserves to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Most Americans think Rolling Stone's "The Bomber" cover featuring accused Boston marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is inappropriate, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll.

By a 65 percent to 15 percent margin, respondents to the poll, who were shown the cover image before answering questions about it, said that the cover was inappropriate. And 51 percent said that the cover glorifies Tsarnaev's actions, while another 26 percent said it did not, and 23 percent said they weren't sure.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/2001/1101011001_400.jpg

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/rolling-stone-magazine-Jahar-Tsarnaev-boston-bomber-cover.jpg

All of the other photo's on Covers where either official head shots or post crime incarceration shots.  Even the photo headlines very are telling; all are simple headlines except for the bombers apologist bent.  RS deliberately chose the picture for it's Dylanesque cover of the RS look.  The intent of the cover and story may not have been to glorify the bomber but I'm sure it's a framed picture on his supporters walls.

RS needs to be held accountable for its actions; and for me I hope its thousands of returned print copies that were never sold and they have to eat.  People should read the article which is free on line.  The apologetic tale of woe  didn't move me, but leaves me concerned about people like Johar's friends who trashed the evidence because they didn't want their friend to get in trouble.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/2001/1101011001_400.jpg

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/rolling-stone-magazine-Jahar-Tsarnaev-boston-bomber-cover.jpg

All of the other photo's on Covers where either official head shots or post crime incarceration shots.  Even the photo headlines very are telling; all are simple headlines except for the bombers apologist bent.  RS deliberately chose the picture for it's Dylanesque cover of the RS look.  The intent of the cover and story may not have been to glorify the bomber but I'm sure it's a framed picture on his supporters walls.

RS needs to be held accountable for its actions; and for me I hope its thousands of returned print copies that were never sold and they have to eat.  People should read the article which is free on line.  The apologetic tale of woe  didn't move me, but leaves me concerned about people like Johar's friends who trashed the evidence because they didn't want their friend to get in trouble.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

The Time cover seems to be missing something. Oh right....it's missing...

"How a popular, promising student was failed by his family, fell into radical Islam and became a monster"

It's not their fault. WE all failed Tsarnaev. We failed him by allowing him to come here under political asylum. Then we failed him by allowing him to become a natualized citizen of the US. His peers failed him by treating him so badly by voting him to be team captain...TWICE. That must have been awful. The city of Cambridge clearly failed him by giving him scholarship money. We failed his parents by giving them welfare benefits. Having to go through all of that it's amazing he didn't blow up people long before he did. How did he ever hold out so long....what a strong person he is.