Anyone displaying the hateful Confederate Flag is a disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Anyone displaying the hateful Confederate Flag is a disgrace

View image on Twitter

Kanye draped in a confederate flag: "It's my flag now"

Remember Confederate Flag Guy? You should: in the limited media coverage the Million Veteran March during the government shutdown, one man holding a confederate flag magically became “Tea Party protesters” and grabbed nearly all the attention. What, then, to make of rapper Kanye West and his newfound appropriation of the confederate flag?

Kanye West has featured the confederate flag on recent tour merchandise. Selling Confederate flag tshirts !

This is different because Kanye West is  a black rapper in 3...2...1...

Same issue with black comedians and rappers using the N word with impunity, while harmless old white lady Paula Deen admitted using the term decades ago and loses her career...

If progressives didnt have double standards, they would have no standards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: Anyone displaying the hateful Confederate Flag is a disgrace

If progressives didnt have double standards, they would have no standards.

BINGO!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

But, he's an artist, turning his life around, etcetera...

If it weren't for exucses like this, progressives wouldn't have any.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I've finally come around to WDYWN's opinon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

You complain that the guy holding the confederate flag in front of the White House became an avatar for the entirety of the Tea Party but then use Kanye West to make a blanket statement about all progressives.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

You complain that the guy holding the confederate flag in front of the White House became an avatar for the entirety of the Tea Party but then use Kanye West to make a blanket statement about all progressives.  

What blanket statement is the OP making? That progressives might not have an issue with Kanye's use of confederate flag? I noticed you didn't condemn Kanye for using it. Sounds like he's been using the flag for some time...yet I haven't seen one thread by a resident lib/progressive condemning Kanye for it. If it was bad for the ONE guy at the rally to use one then shouldn't it be bad for Kanye?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Is this photoshopped???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2485292/Kanye-West-defies-critics-wears-controversial-Confederate-Flag-jacket-boxing-class.html

How about this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/kanye-west-confederate-flag-t-shirts_n_4138580.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

What blanket statement is the OP making? That progressives might not have an issue with Kanye's use of confederate flag? I noticed you didn't condemn Kanye for using it. Sounds like he's been using the flag for some time...yet I haven't seen one thread by a resident lib/progressive condemning Kanye for it. If it was bad for the ONE guy at the rally to use one then shouldn't it be bad for Kanye?

Maybe there are no posts because people generally don't regard Kanye West or his actions to be newsworthy for a Politics forum?  I had not previously heard anything about this, but then again I don't wear his clothes or follow his activities, and generally speaking I don't care at all what he does with his time.  

But as is typical for you righties you are outraged at the action, while not understanding the intent.  Is Kanye West's appropriation of the confederate flag a nod to the confederacy? Is he making some statement about southern heritage, seeing as he was born in Georgia?  Or is this some bizarre attempt by him to co-opt the flag to destroy the social stigma of it as a hate symbol?  

Hint:  Based on a few tings I read this morning, it seems to be the last one.

Finally, intent and context matter when considering how both individuals deployed the flag. Whereas the gentleman at the tea party rally was clearly doing so to make a political statement, Kanye's motive appears to be to make a fashion statement.  As laughable as that is (to me at least) its clear the two things are not the same.  I mean, its pretty obvious. As for condemnation, I think its a pretty tacky idea, I get what Kanye is trying to do, but I still think it is silly and tasteless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Maybe there are no posts because people generally don't regard Kanye West or his actions to be newsworthy for a Politics forum?  I had not previously heard anything about this, but then again I don't wear his clothes or follow his activities, and generally speaking I don't care at all what he does with his time.  

But as is typical for you righties you are outraged at the action, while not understanding the intent.  Is Kanye West's appropriation of the confederate flag a nod to the confederacy? Is he making some statement about southern heritage, seeing as he was born in Georgia?  Or is this some bizarre attempt by him to co-opt the flag to destroy the social stigma of it as a hate symbol?  

Finally, intent and context matter when considering how both individuals deployed the flag. Whereas the gentleman at the tea party rally was clearly doing so to make a political statement, Kanye's motive appears to be to make a fashion statement.  As laughable as that is (to me at least) its clear the two things are not the same.  I mean, its pretty obvious. As for condemnation, I think its a pretty tacky idea, I get what Kanye is trying to do, but I still think it is silly and tasteless.

The thought crosses my mind that Kanye might be doing just what you said.

Therefore, can't wait to see him parading around in jackboots and a Hitler moustache next.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I'm not outraged at all by Kanye wearing confederate flag. Nor was I outraged at the idiot at the rally. My "outrage" is at the selective faux outrage by many on the Left.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Heh, heh, heh...

Is this photoshopped???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2485292/Kanye-West-defies-critics-wears-controversial-Confederate-Flag-jacket-boxing-class.html

How about this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/kanye-west-confederate-flag-t-shirts_n_4138580.html

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

He's marketing hatred for profit! Nothing wrong with it. Some will consider it tasteless and/or offensive but, he's doing it the revenue and the more people hate/love it and the more articles and discussions that take place the more he'll make.

Smart for him from a money making stand point

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Therefore, can't wait to see him parading around in jackboots and a Hitler moustache next.

Hitler actually had a Charlie Chaplin mustache.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Hitler actually had a Charlie Chaplin mustache.......

point taken.

So, I expect Kanye to be walking around in a Mae West get up next.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Right.

Because an african-american entertainer using the flag to sell records is exactly the same as a secessionist waving the flag in front of the white house in opposition to the first black president.

And Winnie The Pooh glamorizes subtance (honey) abuse, too.

</sarc off/>

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Right.

Because an african-american entertainer using the flag to sell records is exactly the same as a secessionist waving the flag in front of the white house in opposition to the first black president.

</sarc off/>

We've been told the confederate flag is bad. Not bad in one situation and okey dokey in another. Bad. That of course seems to be changing now. Hmmmm.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Awww, neo-cons feelings are getting hurt so they need start reporting posts.

Doesn't change the fact that they are trying to keep "pure" one of the most anti-American, pro-slavery vestiges of the past.

The pro-slavery flag just wouldn't have the same meaning for them if a black man was able to co-opt that symbol....and to stop that they need to photoshop an image and lie about the intent.

So you actually honestly believe we are "pro-slavery"? And care about keeping the Confederate flag "pure" ?
    You are truly sick.

My ancestor was killed fighting for freedom, against that flag...if I didnt already know what a harmless fruitcake you are, I might even have been offended.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Awww, neo-cons feelings are getting hurt so they need start reporting posts.

Doesn't change the fact that they are trying to keep "pure" one of the most anti-American, pro-slavery vestiges of the past.

The pro-slavery flag just wouldn't have the same meaning for them if a black man was able to co-opt that symbol....and to stop that they need to photoshop an image and lie about the intent.

So you actually honestly believe we are "pro-slavery"? And care about keeping the Confederate flag "pure" ?
    You are truly sick.

My ancestor was killed fighting for freedom, against that flag...if I didnt already know what a harmless fruitcake you are, I might even have been offended.

He'll say anything in the safety of hiding behind a computer screen. In public...well...we all know what he's like when someone calls him out to meet in public...cowardly lion (pre Oz of course)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Right.

</sarc off/>

The progressive mulligan. Got it.

You are an amazing mind reader....you can immediately figure the specific intent of one stupid person carrying the Confederate battle flag as pure evil racism which tarnishes all conservatives...and excuse identical offensive behavior by an progressive-approved black entertainer,  as cool and "co-opting" racism.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

What, then, to make of rapper Kanye West

A ret@rded attention wh**e? How's that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Right.

</sarc off/>

We've been told the confederate flag is bad. Not bad in one situation and okey dokey in another. Bad. That of course seems to be changing now. Hmmmm.

Not sure who told you that or why you believed them.

Context always matters.

Sections
Shortcuts