Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts?

In Response to Re: Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts? : Polls (currently) would suggest you`re correct as the GOP approval in Congress is lower than a snake`s belly.  Personally,....I think the longer unemployment stays where it is, the DOW stays unstable, and people stay frightened,.....it will be Obama that takes the hit.
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

The prez often takes a hit from a bad economy.  But he may be able to deflect it towards the G.O.P. and he is a pretty good campaigner.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts? : Blame Bush
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Blame the Republicans.  Yes, Bush too (he started the ball rolling).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts? : The prez often takes a hit from a bad economy.  But he may be able to deflect it towards the G.O.P. and he is a pretty good campaigner.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

I think you are right, as Obama has no successes to pin his re-election to.  With nearly the entire free press as his marketing organ, he will have plenty of free help in order to promote this cynical approach.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts? : I think you are right, as Obama has no successes to pin his re-election to.  With nearly the entire free press as his marketing organ, he will have plenty of free help in order to promote this cynical approach.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

I think there is a lot of cynicism in the approach of both political parties.  The election will be a massive "blame game".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts? : I think there is a lot of cynicism in the approach of both political parties.  The election will be a massive "blame game".

Yes.  However, the repubs need to promote a positive vision in order to win.  Simply blaming Obama will not work.  Too many weak-minded fools will vote for Obama unless given a better choice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts? : Yes.  However, the repubs need to promote a positive vision in order to win.  Simply blaming Obama will not work.  Too many weak-minded fools will vote for Obama unless given a better choice.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are "weak minded" if you don't have a better choice available.  That is being smart. 

Maybe the Republicans can actually develop a plan to revitalize the economy... something more than just more tax cuts... been there done that, not much to show for it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts? : I don't think you are "weak minded" if you don't have a better choice available.  That is being smart.  Maybe the Republicans can actually develop a plan to revitalize the economy... something more than just more tax cuts... been there done that, not much to show for it.

Not have a better choice?  I guess that could happen, in theory.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone on the Left want to discuss the facts? : Come on. I simply do not know how a rational person who is being intellectually honest can blame Democrats for the debacle. As I've said many times, there's one key fact those who are pointing at Democrats are ignoring: The Democrats were not the ones who refused to raise the debt ceiling without a deal on the deficit. I think the fact that the TP/Reps were the ones who did that puts the onus on them to compromise. Obama's response to the Dems who made noises about entitlements and threatened to filibuster was to run right over his base and offer the VAST majority of what Republicans said they wanted .  With something in exchange. As my wife remarked at the beginning of my vacation (before the 2ish trillion 'deal'): I don't know what the Republicans are thinking; they're never going to get an offer like that again. Where did we end up? A 2ish trillion deal, and a downgrade from one ratings agency based on the fact that it was not over 4 trillion. In other words, they downgraded us because we didn't go with the sort of preliminary deal Obama and Boehner were trying to hammer out. They couldn't hammer it out because of Cantor and his TP idiot crew. The only reason people are still buying our bonds is because Europe is that much more screwed.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Granted that many polticians carry some blame, but this was not a TEA party downgrade.  the TEA party dug in, wanting real spending cuts, not these cuts to the rate of growth in the deficit, and were stonewalled.

The democrats and the go-along republicans hold the blame, not the TEA party.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Blame the Republicans.  Yes, Bush too (he started the ball rolling).

SOMEONE must take the hit, It certainly could not be the fault to responsibility of our theoretical 'leader'. He's been too busy campaigning... 

Sections
Shortcuts