Archbishop Desmond Tutu of the South African Apartheid movement exposes the Israeli apartheid against Palestinians

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Archbishop Desmond Tutu of the South African Apartheid movement exposes the Israeli apartheid against Palestinians

(video)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzey6qg2lMA

"I visited the Occupied Palestinian Territories and have witnessed the humiliation of Palestinians at Israeli military checkpoints. The inhumanity that would not let the ambulance reach the injured, farmers tend their land, or children attend school... This treatment is familiar to me and the black South Africans who were corralled and harassed by the security forces of the apartheid government...

"In South Africa we could not have achieved our freedom without the help of people around the world. AND MUSICIANS WERE CENTRAL TO OUR STRUGGLE. Through music and art, we speak a common humanity... For this I am proud to support freedom for Palestine... Let's send a message to governments that a critical mass of people want to see an end to Israeli occupation of Palestine and the oppression of its people...

"Support freedom for Palestine. Peace. Shalom. Salaam." ~Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: Archbishop Desmond Tutu of the South African Apartheid movement exposes the Israeli apartheid against Palestinians

In response to MrCricket's comment:

(video)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzey6qg2lMA

"I visited the Occupied Palestinian Territories and have witnessed the humiliation of Palestinians at Israeli military checkpoints. The inhumanity that would not let the ambulance reach the injured, farmers tend their land, or children attend school... This treatment is familiar to me and the black South Africans who were corralled and harassed by the security forces of the apartheid government...

"In South Africa we could not have achieved our freedom without the help of people around the world. AND MUSICIANS WERE CENTRAL TO OUR STRUGGLE. Through music and art, we speak a common humanity... For this I am proud to support freedom for Palestine... Let's send a message to governments that a critical mass of people want to see an end to Israeli occupation of Palestine and the oppression of its people...

"Support freedom for Palestine. Peace. Shalom. Salaam." ~Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate 

thoughts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Archbishop Desmond Tutu of the South African Apartheid movement exposes the Israeli apartheid against Palestinians

The Israelis are a little gun shy since they have been bombed relentlessly by Palestinian militants in suicide bombings and rockets.

It's the innocent Palestinians I feel sorry for but, it's hard to blame israelis for trying to protect their citizens.

How many times have the militants set off bombs and then another bomb to kill the emergency responders when they arrived? Its just a really bad situation!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

The Israelis are a little gun shy since they have been bombed relentlessly by Palestinian militants in suicide bombings and rockets.

It's the innocent Palestinians I feel sorry for but, it's hard to blame israelis for trying to protect their citizens.

How many times have the militants set off bombs and then another bomb to kill the emergency responders when they arrived? Its just a really bad situation!

it would be interesting to see the statistics of israeli citizens killed by rockets/suicide bombings vs palestinian civilians killed by israeli rockets and shootings. perhaps you could share that with us.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

it would be interesting to see the statistics of israeli citizens killed by rockets/suicide bombings vs palestinian civilians killed by israeli rockets and shootings. perhaps you could share that with us.

I understand Israelis do more damage when forced into action but, that is after the fact and due in part to Palestinian militants hiding in neighborhoods and using innocents as shields and propaganda.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

I understand Israelis do more damage when forced into action but, that is after the fact and due in part to Palestinian militants hiding in neighborhoods and using innocents as shields and propaganda.

[/QUOTE]

are you denying that israel has ever initiated violence, or used palestinian children as human shields? 

http://www.btselem.org/human_shields

http://www.btselem.org/human_shields/20070225_human_shields_in_nablus

i really would love for you to post how many israeli women/children have been killed compared to palestinian women/children who have been killed. once people see the actual #'s it is very hard for israel to keep crying vicitim. please, show us the statistics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

It would be interesting to see what would happen if the Palestinians renounced violence and their avowed intention to destroy the state of Israel.

--

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

What difference does that make? It only shows how stupid the Palestinians are for launching terror attacks against Israel. Besides, if you are in a war aren't you supposed to kill more of them than they kill of you?

So riddle me this one Einstein: If the Palestinians stopped attacking Israel, would Israel attack the Palestinians?

See if you can figure that one out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

The Palestinian Authority and Hamas are the problem, not Palestinians.  They lost that land.

Have to disagree. The Palestinians elected Hamas. Do they not support the destruction of Israel? Do they not donate their lives and the lives of their children with the objective of killing innocent Israeli citizens?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Palestinian Authority and Hamas are the problem, not Palestinians.  They lost that land.

Have to disagree. The Palestinians elected Hamas. Do they not support the destruction of Israel? Do they not donate their lives and the lives of their children with the objective of killing innocent Israeli citizens?

To be fair I think a question of how much duress influenced that election exists....

But still...     if we slam Israel, it is Israel's perspective we look at it from. And from that perspective, we've got people demanding they give land to a terrorist organization dedicated to their own destruction.

We didn't give Al Queda a plot in North Dakota did we now?...        

Hell...we haven't given the U.S. back to the native Americans. Did we? So what are certain Americans doing saying anything about what Israel does with the territory?...

[/QUOTE]

that's right, it's israel's perspective that you look at it from and only israel's perspective. that's why you argue with non sequiturs and ad hominems. you're unable to view the situation equally and only stick to your preconceived notions... sad

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

well, going by your logic, since israeli's elected their government they support the destruction of Palestine and donate their lives and the lives of their children with the objective of killing innocent Palestinian civilians. by your logic, Americans elected Obama, so every American citizen supports the destruction of Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Palestine and every other arab nation and donate their lives and the lives of their children with the objective of killing innocent arab citizens. 

we can use ignorant ad hominem attacks and flawed logic all day, but it gets the converstation no where. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

we're waiting for those stats tvoter. whenever you're ready...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

What difference does that make? It only shows how stupid the Palestinians are for launching terror attacks against Israel. Besides, if you are in a war aren't you supposed to kill more of them than they kill of you?

So riddle me this one Einstein: If the Palestinians stopped attacking Israel, would Israel attack the Palestinians?

palestinians have no army, navy, air force..etc. you speak as if every single palestinian is armed and physically in a war with israel. you're wrong. there are extremist militants who feel the need to resort to violence against a foreign occupier. they are a minority within the palestinian population... and collective punishment is against international law. there is no excuse for israel killings thousands of normal civilians who are not combatants. extremist arabs who intentionally kill israeli civilians should be brought to justice legally. their actions do not give israel the right to kill at will.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

palestinians have no army, navy, air force..etc. you speak as if every single palestinian is armed and physically in a war with israel. you're wrong. there are extremist militants who feel the need to resort to violence against a foreign occupier. they are a minority within the palestinian population... and collective punishment is against international law. there is no excuse for israel killings thousands of normal civilians who are not combatants. extremist arabs who intentionally kill israeli civilians should be brought to justice legally. their actions do not give israel the right to kill at will.

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you answer the question? Because you know the answer doesn't suit your Jew-hating point of view.

The Palestinians can have peace any time they want. They just don't want it. 

Apartheid in Israel? The accusation itself shows what an ignorant bigot you are.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2013/06/27/maciek_nabrdalik_the_irreversible_gives_a_voice_to_holocaust_survivors_through.html

Jakob Rotenbach, KL Auschwitz-Birkenau and KL Mauthausen-Gusen survivor. Nowadays, I will speak when someone asks questions, but I myself won’t start the conversation because I can see that the world has not learned a thing; nothing has changed. People are cruel. And if a new Hitler showed up, the same thing wouldhappen all over again.

Jakob Rotenbach, KL Auschwitz-Birkenau and KL Mauthausen-Gusen survivor. "Nowadays, I will speak when someone asks questions, but I myself won’t start the conversation because I can see that the world has not learned a thing; nothing has changed. People are cruel. And if a new Hitler showed up, the same thing would happen all over again."

Maciek Nabrdalik/VII

he's 100% right. just look at what israel is doing to the palestinians... 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

since israeli's elected their government they support the destruction of Palestine and donate their lives and the lives of their children with the objective of killing innocent Palestinian civilians

----------------------------

No they don't

Hans said: "The Palestinians elected Hamas. Do they not support the destruction of Israel? Do they not donate their lives and the lives of their children with the objective of killing innocent Israeli citizens?"

well, going by your logic, since israeli's elected their government they support the destruction of Palestine and donate their lives and the lives of their children with the objective of killing innocent Palestinian civilians.

Sections
Shortcuts