ARE E-CIGARETTES A PATH TO TOBACCO OR FROM IT?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: ARE E-CIGARETTES A PATH TO TOBACCO OR FROM IT?

I honestly don't know how anyone can smoke. People ask me if I was ever curious to try smoking. Curious? About what...lung cancer? COPD? Heart disease? Or was I supposed to be curious about getting yellowed teeth, aged skin, smelly breath, smelly clothes? Hahaha...honestly are these people kidding?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

This is a bizarre situation.

The eCig is nothing but a nictoine delivery system. Except they do add propylene glycol to create "smoke" which indicates that there is some psychological aspect to smoking that the manufacturers of ecigs want to address.

Some people are worried that these ecigs will cause more people to smoke reall cigarettes. They want to ban the fake cigarette, so more people won't resort to real cigarettes.

A real cigarette has no healthful useful purpose. Why not ban the real thing instead of the fake one??

I know it isn't going to happen. There are too many vested interests in keeping real cigarettes - tobacco companies, governments that make more on a pack of cigarettes than the tobacco companies, and others. What if y ou had a company that existed solely on people smoking cigarettes? There are plenty out there. Sure some would be glad to do something else but not all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"some public health experts, after a single-minded battle against smoking that has run for decades, are too inflexible about e-cigarettes. The strategy should be to reduce harm from conventional cigarettes, and e-cigarettes offer a way to do that"

Well said. The "public health experts', and the Government, are very much partners with the tobacco industry. The state Governments are addicted, not to nicotine, but  to  tobacco tax revenue.

The Government bureaucrats rail against the evil and immoral tobacco companies making money from their cancer sticks, while the Government makes billions from the same product!

"Dr. Benowitz said he could see a situation under which the F.D.A. would gradually reduce the nicotine levels allowable in traditional cigarettes, pushing smokers to e-cigarettes."

One thing for sure, the Government's meddling regulators will find a way to mess up the health benefits from ecigs...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I think that it would be crazy to decide to start using any addictive drug regardless of the delivery method. That said, I would have loved to have had electronic cigarettes around when I was actively smoking.

A real cigarette has no healthful useful purpose.

Cigaretes don't but nicotine may have some benefits...

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/01/14/science/researchers-investigate-horrors-nicotine-s-potential-benefits.html

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Andie, the link seems to work for me.

The only harmful side effect of nicotine is that fact that it's addictive and makes you want to smoke tobacco which is where the harmful substances reside.

If they could alter the nicotine molecule to do the good things without being addictive they might have something going on...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I honestly don't know how anyone can smoke. People ask me if I was ever curious to try smoking. Curious? About what...lung cancer? COPD? Heart disease? Or was I supposed to be curious about getting yellowed teeth, aged skin, smelly breath, smelly clothes? Hahaha...honestly are these people kidding?

[/QUOTE]

I quit a long time ago.... and thankfully none of my children picked up the habit. I don't see the e-cigs as a path keeping people from smoking. I'm witnessing many kids picking up the e-cigs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I quit a long time ago.... and thankfully none of my children picked up the habit. I don't see the e-cigs as a path keeping people from smoking. I'm witnessing many kids picking up the e-cigs.

[/QUOTE]

Good for you for quitting. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good for you for quitting. 

[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I have had friends and family who went thru hell in their attempts to quit.

Was always thrilled when each of them was finally able to do it.

[/QUOTE]

I had tried a variety of methods to quit... accupuncture, the patch, hypnosis.....it was finally my youngest asking me to quit that got to me.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm witnessing many kids picking up the e-cigs.

[/QUOTE]

Isn't the real question whether they ever switch from e-cigs to real cigs?

Because the e-cigs themselves aren't harmful.

[/QUOTE]

Because the e-cigs themselves aren't harmful.

That we know of yet.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

THANK YOU. MY SPOUSE USES A BRAND RECOMMENDED BY OUR DR

She must be a saint.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Of course one of the key factors is the health of those around people using e-cigs.

Andie, the "smoke" is water vapor. There's really nothing really bad about e-cigs if you discount the addiction factor.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

THANK YOU. MY SPOUSE USES A BRAND RECOMMENDED BY OUR DR

She must be a saint.

[/QUOTE]

Or live in another country.

A long distance marriage.

Cannot imagine this on a daily basis unless she was as looney as he is.

[/QUOTE]

No question..... definitely not my gremlin.

You can have this one....lol.