ARE E-CIGARETTES A PATH TO TOBACCO OR FROM IT?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Re: ARE E-CIGARETTES A PATH TO TOBACCO OR FROM IT?

In response to redmassguy's comment:

[/QUOTE]

QUITE THE DELUSIONAL SORT AREN'T YOU?

[/QUOTE]

...awe did andie steal your ball from the playground?  What did she do that has you so upset? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course one of the key factors is the health of those around people using e-cigs.

Andie, the "smoke" is water vapor. There's really nothing really bad about e-cigs if you discount the addiction factor.

[/QUOTE]

SB,

Did you read my post that talked about the metals they are finding in e-cigs?

And the nicotine the smoker is injesting is also being found in the lungs of the people around them...just like secondary smoke.

So you have nicotine, metals in concentrated amounts as well as nicotine in the lungs of people who did not ask for it.

Add that to the addiction factor, and yes, there really is something wrong with e-cigs.

Sorry to disagree with you, SB.

[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't think they've been around long enough to give us a definitive answer one way or the other.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

"Still, I don't see why they couldn't be minimally regulated so as to not contain any metal and really be just vapor."

If they did that, that would be a different story. But that is not what they are doing, is it.

[/QUOTE]

What's scary about the not knowing, if that there are a lot of young kids using these...not just adults. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Still, I don't see why they couldn't be minimally regulated so as to not contain any metal and really be just vapor."

If they did that, that would be a different story. But that is not what they are doing, is it.

[/QUOTE]

What's scary about the not knowing, if that there are a lot of young kids using these...not just adults. 

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, soxchamps.

We have a chance to start a generation where it is not cool to smoke...not cigararettes, not e-cigs.

That would be a huge gift for us to hand down to them.

We already have made it vey difficult for people to find places to smoke cigarettes in public, etc.  That already gives them a huge head start on us. And it took a whole lot of fighting for that to happen. 

I would hate for us to now take a huge step back with these e-cigs.

[/QUOTE]

IMO....

Substituting e-cigs for cigs is no different than substituting a methadone clinic for heroin. You don't cure the disease or the addiction, you just replace the addiction. Yes, it may be a slight fetch...but IMO, it is very similiar.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

IMO....

Substituting e-cigs for cigs is no different than substituting a methadone clinic for heroin. You don't cure the disease or the addiction, you just replace the addiction. Yes, it may be a slight fetch...but IMO, it is very similiar.

[/QUOTE]

It's only the same in the general sense of addiction replacement. I'd wager that after the evidence is in, methodone addiction causes far more harm than e-cigarette addiction.

And if these metals are completely removed, then the nicotine addiction alone isn't physically harmful at all. You can OD on methadone, and there are plenty of secondary effects, like loss of appetite, nausea, being messed up high (and then if you were to drive, etc etc etc)

[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue, and I agree methadone addiction I am sure is much worse.

I wish it were as easy as to say, instead of substitutions learn to just say no. I know it isn't that simple.... and they'll always be sustitutions.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, soxchamps.

We have a chance to start a generation where it is not cool to smoke...not cigararettes, not e-cigs.

That would be a huge gift for us to hand down to them.

We already have made it vey difficult for people to find places to smoke cigarettes in public, etc.  That already gives them a huge head start on us. And it took a whole lot of fighting for that to happen. 

I would hate for us to now take a huge step back with these e-cigs.

[/QUOTE]

IMO....

[/QUOTE]

Unless you've used both nicoteen and heroin, your opinion is invalid.

[/QUOTE]

I've used nicotine... never heroin.... however I can still have an opinion, regardless if you think it is valid or not.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

[/QUOTE]

IMO....

[/QUOTE]

Unless you've used both nicoteen and heroin, your opinion is invalid.

[/QUOTE]

I've used nicotine... never heroin.... however I can still have an opinion, regardless if you think it is valid or not.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can have an opinion. I never suggested otherwise. It's just that your comparison of the two is apples and oranges. Invalid.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree... they are both substitutions for addictions. We can agree to disagree. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course one of the key factors is the health of those around people using e-cigs.

Andie, the "smoke" is water vapor. There's really nothing really bad about e-cigs if you discount the addiction factor.

[/QUOTE]

SB,

Did you read my post that talked about the metals they are finding in e-cigs?

And the nicotine the smoker is injesting is also being found in the lungs of the people around them...just like secondary smoke.

So you have nicotine, metals in concentrated amounts as well as nicotine in the lungs of people who did not ask for it.

Add that to the addiction factor, and yes, there really is something wrong with e-cigs.

Sorry to disagree with you, SB.

[/QUOTE]

I am chastened and illuminated. I had no idea.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.