Are you better off than you were four years ago?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCEditor. Show BDCEditor's posts

Are you better off than you were four years ago?

The choice between President Obama and challenger Mitt Romney may boil down to that simple economic question that many voters think about every election period. So how do you feel? Are you better off, or worse off, in 2012 than you were in 2008? Do you feel Mitt Romney has the business chops to turn things around? Should we stay the course with President Obama, who promises to move "forward" and fix things in a next term? Sound off!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Are you better off than you were four years ago?

Me: Yes

BDC Forums: Well...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I refuse to answer until BDC fixes the bugs in their new software.

Using a PC and key board is hard enough with the new software.  But with my IPad, it's almost impossible to use.  For some reason the auto correct takes perfectly good words and "corrects" them into nonsense.

At least they got rid of "-s" being unacceptable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

The big question is, does President empty chair deserve 4 more years?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BDCEditor's comment:

The choice between President Obama and challenger Mitt Romney may boil down to that simple economic question that many voters think about every election period. So how do you feel? Are you better off, or worse off, in 2012 than you were in 2008? Do you feel Mitt Romney has the business chops to turn things around? Should we stay the course with President Obama, who promises to move "forward" and fix things in a next term? Sound off!

All the things cited are rooted in Republican policies and actions that were in place four years ago.  Too often, we have little sense of history in this country.  We also lack patience.

No.  Nobody is.  Anyone that says they are is lying or needs medical help.

3.90/gallon gas
    15% unemployment/under employment
    $16TRILLION debt
    Healthcare costs up 28%
    Food costs up 33%
    Rest of the world hates us
    Hosuing decimated

No.........the answer is NO.

[/QUOTE]

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am better off than I was 4 years ago..without question. The tax credits for higher ed that were implemented under Obama have helped me to finish my degree at a much faster pace than I would have otherwise been able to.

In regards to the previous comments by my fellow posters, I think patience is needed. This is no simple task and as with any software rollout, there are always glitches that come up..no matter how much testing so rather than complain about them, maybe everyone just needs to roll with it for the next few weeks and give BDC a chance. I mean, after all, they provide a great forum..free of charge and are involved and engaged. These days, that's a precious commodity.

I think lack of patience with things like this is one of the biggest problems among people today. Everyone wants immediate gratification..and perfection on the first try. Sorry..but it just doesn't work that way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Also..with regards to Romney..in 2008, I thought that with the economy in the tank, he would have been the obvious choice for GOP nomination. Instead McCain got the nod. Would things have been different if there had been a President Romney in the White House? Probably not for someone like me..but lets not forget what he did to small businesses in MA while governor. I have a feeling that under a President Romney, small business does not stand a chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Also..with regards to Romney..in 2008, I thought that with the economy in the tank, he would have been the obvious choice for GOP nomination. Instead McCain got the nod. Would things have been different if there had been a President Romney in the White House? Probably not for someone like me..but lets not forget what he did to small businesses in MA while governor. I have a feeling that under a President Romney, small business does not stand a chance.

Romney also had to work with a Democrat house and senate while Governor Massachusetts to get anything done.

As a Republican it was quite a remarkable he accomplished what he did while there.

Obama had a Democrat fillibuster proof majority in both the Senate and House his first two years in office and still has not in 4 years passed a federal budget.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I am better off than I was 4 years ago..without question. The tax credits for higher ed that were implemented under Obama have helped me to finish my degree at a much faster pace than I would have otherwise been able to.

In regards to the previous comments by my fellow posters, I think patience is needed. This is no simple task and as with any software rollout, there are always glitches that come up..no matter how much testing so rather than complain about them, maybe everyone just needs to roll with it for the next few weeks and give BDC a chance. I mean, after all, they provide a great forum..free of charge and are involved and engaged. These days, that's a precious commodity.

I think lack of patience with things like this is one of the biggest problems among people today. Everyone wants immediate gratification..and perfection on the first try. Sorry..but it just doesn't work that way.

Nice that your college costs have been mitigated by this regime and that the US taxpayers, the people who answer the bell every morning will pay the costs.

None of the Democrat give-aways are free somewhere someone will be paying the freight.

Free contraceptives for women, cash for klunkers, mortgage refinancing programs, Obamacare.

I can't wait until your generation has to meet a budget every week with the high taxes this administration will leave behind for you.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

You didn't earn that degree!  Government did it for you.

Kidding.  Congrats on your degree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I'm better off because I have come to a stronger realization that the things of government cannot replace the love of God, no matter how hard the left tries to make it so.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Nice that your college costs have been mitigated by this regime and that the US taxpayers, the people who answer the bell every morning will pay the costs.

None of the Democrat give-aways are free somewhere someone will be paying the freight.

Free contraceptives for women, cash for klunkers, mortgage refinancing programs, Obamacare.

I can't wait until your generation has to meet a budget every week with the high taxes this administration will leave behind for you.

[/QUOTE]

You must be joking. Do you have a mortgage on your house? If you do, then taxpayers ..including me..are subsidizing your housing based on the tax deduction you are able to take for mortgage interest.
    Are you going to sit there and suggest that you don't take any tax deductions? I pay my tuition out of my own pocket. Last year, $1200  per course times 12 courses. The tax deduction allowed me to take one additional course...big whoop. It was certainly a lot less money than I pay the state of federal government in the course of the year...so stop making it sound like I got some kind of handout.
    Tax deductions for higher ed have been around for decades and the sky hasn't falling. A better educated citizenry is better for the country. I guess you paid your own way through college..but not everyone can afford the costs.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The country as a whole is much better off than 4 yr ago.

The finacial markets were in free fall.
    The housing market was collapsing.
    The stock market as well.
    The country was losing jobs at a rate of 800,000 per month.

If the wingnut would stop their obstructionist policies for political gain we'd all be much better off.

[/QUOTE]

The stock market the only bright spot in the econmy the past 4 years is the stock market.

But, and there always is one, I wonder how much better it could be without President empty chair at war with big business and wall street.

The general anti-business climate that prevails throughout this administration right from obstructionist banking laws to EPA rulings to stress placed on small businesses by Obamacare regarding unknown costs lingering in 2013..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You must be joking. Do you have a mortgage on your house? If you do, then taxpayers ..including me..are subsidizing your housing based on the tax deduction you are able to take for mortgage interest.
    Are you going to sit there and suggest that you don't take any tax deductions? I pay my tuition out of my own pocket. Last year, $1200  per course times 12 courses. The tax deduction allowed me to take one additional course...big whoop. It was certainly a lot less money than I pay the state of federal government in the course of the year...so stop making it sound like I got some kind of handout.
    Tax deductions for higher ed have been around for decades and the sky hasn't falling. A better educated citizenry is better for the country. I guess you paid your own way through college..but not everyone can afford the costs.

[/QUOTE]

I did pay my own way through college and worked the entire time.

My father died when I was 17 years old I had no choice.

Tell me how difficult you have it I've been there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Listening to this idiot Sandra Fluke complaining about the cost of her contraceptives.

I wear hearing aids have for the past 30 years, every 5 years or so I dole out of pocket for a new set, usually cost me in the neighborhood of 32-3500 bucks.

Never once have I complained about how unfair life is. I just sucked it up and accepted it for what it was, figuring that I could be much worst off, I have my eyes and great health and consider myself to be extremely lucky.

The only thing that saved me from accomplishing my education with a hearing loss was my appetite for reading.

All I ever needed in life to succeed was a job. Wherever I worked I just worked as hard and as often as I could, whatever job I had.And developed a reputation of getting the job done.

It has always led to better things. Sure there are those who need public assistence, I give a lot to charity.

But what i see today are just too many gaming the system.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[/QUOTE]

Listening to this idiot Sandra Fluke complaining about the cost of her contraceptives.

I wear hearing aids have for the past 30 years, every 5 years or so I dole out of pocket for a new set, usually cost me in the neighborhood of 32-3500 bucks.

Never once have I complained about how unfair life is. I just sucked it up and accepted it for what it was, figuring that I could be much worst off, I have my eyes and great health and consider myself to be extremely lucky.

The only thing that saved me from accomplishing my education with a hearing loss was my appetite for reading.

All I ever needed in life to succeed was a job. Wherever I worked I just worked as hard and as often as I could, whatever job I had.And developed a reputation of getting the job done.

It has always led to better things. Sure there are those who need public assistence, I give a lot to charity.

But what i see today are just too many gaming the system.

[/QUOTE]

It's sad that the health insurance you have..that you probably pay through the nose for with premiums offers you no coverage for the one medical condition you do have.

I am not going to debate the birth control/preventative services portion of the ACA with you since I've already said everything I can say about it.

I will say I see the increased coverage regulations as a good thing. When my son was younger, we had pretty bad health insurance but since it was the what the company offered there was no choice. We paid through the nose..at that time..almost $200 a week for the family plan..and it covered basically nothing. When my son had a health issue at 3 years old...I went into major debt paying for health expenses that weren't covered..all the while paying crazy premiums. Thankfully..I now have much better health coverage.

Refusing to accept a situation that is blatantly unfair and weighed heavily in the advantage of a private insurance company isn't the same thing as expecting a handout..or gaming the system.  It's about making sure you are treated fairly and I am sad for you that you think you deserve to be treated unfairly by insurance companies.

Trust me..I know what gaming the system looks like. I see people do it on a weekly basis in my line of work..and trust me when I say that when I can bag them and prove it..and get them kicked out of the system..it gives me a great deal of satisfaction.

Sections
Shortcuts