Are You Better Off?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Are You Better Off?

In response to msobstinate99s comment:

Really?  So, you know the situation of every household, and can make that pronouncement. 

I thought the same thing.  

One never knows when that unexpected pile of medical bills will role in. Or one of a number of other unplanned for incidents may occur. 

Interesting you should mention health care...

...as paying for it, i.e. medical bills, are among the number one fears of all americans and one of the leading causes of personal bankruptcy and foreclosure in the U.S.

Universal coverage doesn't eliminate the fear but certainly alleviates it somewhat...along with the accompanying stress (the biggest killer, imo).

In every other western country, that particular stress in far less common and less dangerous, in part because they have universal health coverage.  Protection is a remedy in itself.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

This is a gross generalization (untrue), like most of the opinionated swill you dish up here, but let us break it down a bit:

Are you saying that anything a private individual does with their money is better than paying some to the govt?
    -----------------------------

Matty mi amico.  You just did in the second line what you accuse him of doing in the first

One is a statement; the other a question, so not really....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do any of them have 306 million people?  30 million of which are illegal?  Have you ever dealt with HC costs, coverage, situations with elderly or really sick? Pre exisiting conditions?

I have and can ABSOLUTELY tell you that America has the best HC on earth.

[/QUOTE]

You mean, the "best" that money can buy.  The problem is not that U.S. health care is bad compared to other countries', it's just too expensive for people to afford, i.e. the $45k income household I mentioned earlier.

In almost all cases, some decent care is better than none of the very best.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

gotta admit its kinda fun to watch the dems hem and haw about how anti-illegal-immigrant the GOP is, while Obama is on a soap box touting he has deported more than anyone in history.

Real ID anyone?

How bout Secure Communities?

[/QUOTE]

How about the DREAM Act?

Originally a D/R bill now disowned by most of those on the right who formerly supported it.

The gopers complained that there wasn't enough enforcement...all while deportations have increased in every year since its re-introduction.

Zero progress on the matter in the Bush years, btw.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[/QUOTE]

Just curious seeing you brought it up, do you pay the Mass Income Tax voluntary higher rate?

[/QUOTE]

I think we all know the answer to that...: )

[/QUOTE]
    Tell you what..I'll talk about my tax rate when Romney talks about his :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20s comment:

This is the difference between the left an dthe right.  The right celebrates the person who makes that money, and knows that it is put to better use by the owner. 

The left thinks being successful is a crime, and the money needs to be confiscated, because government can do a better with the money than the person who earned it.

This is a gross generalization (untrue), like most of the opinionated swill you dish up here, but let us break it down a bit:

Are you saying that anything a private individual does with their money is better than paying some to the govt?

Just anecdotally, I can think of many, many useless, inane and unnecessary things people spend their money on....even just the people who earned their money the honest way and not by scrooing other people over.  After all, criminals pay the least amount of taxes than anyone on what they steal and deal, while honest people pay their taxes like they're supposed to.

But not everyone is a businessperson, which means they necessarily put their trust ($$) into: a) people who are business-oriented, b) the govt, OR c) a bank.  Each of these has their drawbacks, and as the financial crisis proved, many private business entities aren't always trustworthy or even ethical.  Even fairly sophisticated investors can lose their shirts by way of a savvy operator.

(It should also be noted that putting money in the bank usually carries with it the federal guaranty insurance.)

[/QUOTE]

"Are you saying that anything a private individual does with their money is better than paying some to the govt?"

Outside of taxes, it is none of our business, after all, it is their money, is it not?.   By definition, whatever they do is better than what government would do, because again, it is their money.  The government would first have to do some thing very counterproductive, and that is confiscate that private property, and then, after grabbing a handling fee, would then do something "better" with it.  So, you are for the government committing a crime, and then doing something good with the proceeds.  so, what separates the government form a common thief with a soft heart?

You fail to see that it is simply not the role of government to tell me what to do with my money.  And, I have to stipulate after taxes, because it is impossible for you to grasp this simple concept, unless I do, or even if I do.

And all rich people got that way by scrooing people over.  What a jerk.   But go on promoting class warfare against the successful.  It's all you got, given Obama's massive failures.

Sections
Shortcuts