ARE YOU FVCKING KIDDING ME!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: ARE YOU FVCKING KIDDING ME!!!

Politico:

"The White House is casting the potential fiscal deal as a major victory because it forces Republicans to turn their backs on a two-decade policy of opposing all tax increases, even those on the wealthiest Americans, which is a “big win,” in the words of one West Wing adviser."

Obama mocks and laughs at Republicans at a campaign rally two days ago...now they are spiking the football with a claim of a political "big win"....Wouldnt blame the House Republicans a bit if they stand on principle...

The liberals and the media (but I repeat myself) will credit Obama 100% with any deal, and blame Republicans 100% with no deal...

Screw 'em.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Hey, I thought the Clinton tax rates were responsible for expansive growth in the 90's.  What's the problem with EVERYONE returning to the Clinton tax rates?  Why now is it such a problem after spending a year or so trying to tell us what a great idea it is?

Liberals are naked on this.  Even they can't stand by their own ideology.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The house passed the bill.

[/QUOTE]

I would have preferred the cliff.  This governemnt is doomed.  They can't cut a nickle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zinsncabs. Show zinsncabs's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Bonehead and his cavalcade of morons failed miserably in their pathetic attempts at passing a fiscal bill.

They ceded any influence they might have had in the negotiations by stating that it was up to the president and the Senate to pass a bill because the fvcking wingtards couldn't and wouldn't do a dang thing to help.

Now a bill is passed by the Senate with overwhelmingly bi-partisan support 89-8 and the piecesofshit wingnuts won't even bring it up for a vote.

These idiots are complete a55holes.

[/QUOTE]

"Fiscal bill"  - ROFL.

Try tax increase and deficit spending increase bill.  I think I shall call you "Ostrich" from hereonin because you clearly have your head perpetually buried in your ass  . . . er, the sand.

This "fiscal bill" that Congress passed last night would be almost comical if it wasn't so damn tragic.  Let me be clear Ostrich so that, perhaps, even you're little mind might manage to comprehend the problem our nation faces.  Tax revenue has declined in real terms since the last balanced budget (end of the Clinton administration, $230 B surplus).  In today's terms and after correcting for population growth and inflation, tax revenue has declined by approximately $100 B.  Unfortunately, spending has increased by $987 B.  The PRIMARY problem is spending and we cannot continue at this pace.  What took place last night was the height of irresponsiblity.  In October and November of 2012 alone we spent $292 B more than we took in.  Over the past four years, the national debt has increased from $10.6 T to $16.4 T.  God help us if interest rates increase because the cost of servicing that mess (which is staggering now) will drive this nation into financial ruin.

It is well past time for this administration and this congress to man up and deal with the mess that exists.  Is it their fault?  No, not exclusively, but failing to deal with it repeatedly is and for that they have much to answer for Ostrich.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's like parents tricking their kids into eating broccoli. It's for the country's own good. Now let the GOPcontinue getting the difficult work done and the ninnies can go back to listening the the grateful dead and smokin the gange up in the bedroom. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't smoke anything , but I love the Grateful Dead and hate broccoli.

I guess this makes me 2/3s of a ninny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFefio's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's like parents tricking their kids into eating broccoli. It's for the country's own good. Now let the GOPcontinue getting the difficult work done and the ninnies can go back to listening the the grateful dead and smokin the gange up in the bedroom. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't smoke anything , but I love the Grateful Dead and hate broccoli.

I guess this makes me 2/3s of a ninny.

[/QUOTE]

You lovethe greatful dead?  go to your spin room!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And then there's the $4 trillion dollar increase in debt that the wingnuts like to highlight. What they fail to mention is that Congress's own committee attributes that figure not to spending but to lost revenue from tax breaks.

Yes, but to conservatives, the tax cuts increased revenue. It's just that the revenue is rendered insibile by kenyan muslim voodoo magicks and will re-materialize in federal coffers if an R is elected.

Or something.

They're just in denial that a curve drawn on a bar napkin doesn't mean that tax cuts always means more revenue, rather, that it almost always means less revenue.

[/QUOTE]

Bush lowered taxes, tax revenue went up.

Hard to argue with facts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zinsncabs. Show zinsncabs's posts

Here are the numbers Ostrich:

Year            Federal Spending             Federal Revenue           Deficit/Surplus

2000             $2,325                                   $2,625                         $307

2001             $2,367                                   $2,530                         $163

2002             $2,515                                   $2,318                        -$197

2003             $2,646                                   $2,183                        -$463

2004             $2,731                                   $2,240                        -$491

2005             $2,850                                   $2,483                        -$367

2006             $2,965                                   $2,688                        -$277

2007             $2,962                                   $2,787                        -$174

2008             $3,168                                   $2,681                        -$487

2009             $3,696                                   $2,212                        -$1,484

2010             $3,590                                   $2,247                        -$1,344

2011             $3,666                                   $2,344                        -$1,322

2012             $3,563                                   $2,435                        -$1,128

The ultimate source is the OMB.  Here's the link:

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012/10/federal-spending-by-the-numbers-2012

I present the link because it also breaks down spending into discretionary, entitlement and net interest.  It also shows the numbers from 1992 to 1999.  Of interest:

-  Average spending per year from 1992 to 2000 was $2,174 T.  From 2001 to 2008 it was $2,776 T.  From 2009 to the present, it has climbed to $3,629 T.

-  Discretionary spending pe year from 1992 to 2000 averaged $771 B.  During the Bush years, 2001 - 2008, it increased to $1,051 T per year.  Under the current administration and congress, discretionary spending climbed to $1,340 T per year.

-  Entitlement spending per year from 1992 to 2000 averaged $1,092.  During the Bush years, it averaged $1,494 T.  From 2009 to 2012, entitlement spending averaged $2,075 T.  As I've conveyed in the past, entitlement spending is a big part of the problem.  In fact, if you compare the year 2000 to 2012, you'll find that it has increased by 66%.

-  Interest.  All I'll say is this - fortunately interest rates are low.  God help us if that changes.

Clearly, the state of the economy has impacted revenues.  There's no denying that and it surely has exacerbated matters, but spending cannot continue at the present rate.  In 2012, the federal government spent $10 for every $6.80 it collected.  Major entitlement spending (SS, Medicare, Medicade, and Obamacare represented 44% of all federal spending in 2012 and is projected to increase to 57% in 10 years.  Taxing the wealthy and upper middle class, which this president is fixated upon (either because he's a blithering idiot or because he cares only about amassing short term political capital), will not come close to fixing this problem.

As John Adams once wrote Ostrich, "Facts are stubborn things."  ~

Anyway, excellent column by Fred Barnes in the Wall Street Journal.  I realize, Ostrich, that you probably don't frequent the pages of the Journal, but humor me and take a look.  It's a good read and does a fair job of explaining why this president is a huge part of the problem.  Very simply, he does not care about brokering or negotiating a bi-partisan compromise and would rather skewer Republicans for short term political gain then deal with the long term systemic problems this country faces.  Which is cause for concern, because Republicans tend to be a vengeful lot and that desire for revenge, might well jeopardize future negotiations.  Anyway, here is Barnes' column:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324374004578217433510552350.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

In response to zinsncabs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Bonehead and his cavalcade of morons failed miserably in their pathetic attempts at passing a fiscal bill.

They ceded any influence they might have had in the negotiations by stating that it was up to the president and the Senate to pass a bill because the fvcking wingtards couldn't and wouldn't do a dang thing to help.

Now a bill is passed by the Senate with overwhelmingly bi-partisan support 89-8 and the piecesofshit wingnuts won't even bring it up for a vote.

These idiots are complete a55holes.

[/QUOTE]

"Fiscal bill"  - ROFL.

Try tax increase and deficit spending increase bill.  I think I shall call you "Ostrich" from hereonin because you clearly have your head perpetually buried in your ass  . . . er, the sand.

This "fiscal bill" that Congress passed last night would be almost comical if it wasn't so damn tragic.  Let me be clear Ostrich so that, perhaps, even you're little mind might manage to comprehend the problem our nation faces.  Tax revenue has declined in real terms since the last balanced budget (end of the Clinton administration, $230 B surplus).  In today's terms and after correcting for population growth and inflation, tax revenue has declined by approximately $100 B.  Unfortunately, spending has increased by $987 B.  The PRIMARY problem is spending and we cannot continue at this pace.  What took place last night was the height of irresponsiblity.  In October and November of 2012 alone we spent $292 B more than we took in.  Over the past four years, the national debt has increased from $10.6 T to $16.4 T.  God help us if interest rates increase because the cost of servicing that mess (which is staggering now) will drive this nation into financial ruin.

It is well past time for this administration and this congress to man up and deal with the mess that exists.  Is it their fault?  No, not exclusively, but failing to deal with it repeatedly is and for that they have much to answer for Ostrich.

[/QUOTE]

LISTEN PAL.. HERE'S THE DEAL

ECONOMIC GROWTH AND EXPANSION IS WHAT IS NEEDED RIGHT NOW.

IN OTHER WORDS SEVERE SPENDING CUTS AND AUSTERITY ARE NOT THE ANSWER..... AT LEAST NOT RIGHT NOW.

LISTEN I DIDN'T HEAR ANY OPPOSITION WHEN THE WINGNUTS WERE FINANCING TWO UNESCESSARY WARS ON THE NATIONS CREDIT CARD. MAYBE BECAUSE SHRUB SUGGESTED THAT THE IRAQ WAR "OIL SPOILS", WOULD SOMEHOW RECOUP THE COSTS.

RIGHT NOW U.S. INTEREST RATES ARE AT HISTORICAL LOWS...THE WORLD STILL CONTINUES TO FLOCK TO UNITED STATES TREASURIES, FOR SAFE HARBOR,.... CERTAINLY THEY ARE NOT AFRAID OF RAPIDLY RISING INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION.

FURTHERMORE I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOUR REAL CONCERN SHOULD BE DEFLATION IN LIGHT OF THE ANEMIC RECOVERY AND ONGOING GLOBAL RECESSION.

CONTRARY TO YOUR VIEW..... MY PRESCRIPTION IS THAT RIGHT NOW WE SHOULD BORROW AND BORROW BIG! 

WITH INTEREST RATES AT HISTORICAL LOWS AND FACTORING IN HISTORICAL RATES OF INFLATION WE ARE EFFECTIVELY BORROWING AT 0% OR BELOW.

NOW TAKE THAT MONEY INVEST IN INFRASTRUCTURE THAT WILL IN THE SHORT TERM CREATE JOBS AND STIMULATE DEMAND AND IN THE LONG TERM MAKE OUR ECONOMY MORE EFFICIENT THUS MORE COMPETITIVE AND PROFITABLE.

THEN WHEN WE ARE STABLE AND ON AN ECONOMIC UPSWING LETS TALK ABOUT SPENDING CUTS AND STRUCTURAL ECONOMIC REFORM.

OK OSTRICH.....BY THE WAY OSTRICH,  RUPERT MURDOCH THE OWNER OF FOX NEWS AND THE REST OF A VAST RIGHT WING MEDIA EMPIRE IS ALSO, SADLY THE OWNER OF THE WSJ. YEARS AGO THE JOURNAL HAD A CERTAIN "CRED"....NOW NOW NOT SO MUCH!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Obama promised a "balanced approach" and said repeatedly that raising taxes on the job creators was the key to eliminating the budget deficit.....yet his bill increases the deficit by $3 trillion over tne years.

Brilliant. Voters are getting exactly what they asked for....more taxes..more spending and crushing debt that will collapse our economy...with no end in sight.

I say Boehner needs to get out of the way..the sooner Obama destroys America the sooner we can begin rebuilding.....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obama promised a "balanced approach" and said repeatedly that raising taxes on the job creators was the key to eliminating the budget deficit.....yet his bill increases the deficit by $3 trillion over tne years.

Brilliant. Voters are getting exactly what they asked for....more taxes..more spending and crushing debt that will collapse our economy...with no end in sight.

I say Boehner needs to get out of the way..the sooner Obama destroys America the sooner we can begin rebuilding.....

[/QUOTE]

And if they had extended the tax cut for the wealthy, it would have increased deficit even more.

And as far as destroying America, did you spend 2008 in a coma? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to macnh1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if they had extended the tax cut for the wealthy, it would have increased deficit even more.

And as far as destroying America, did you spend 2008 in a coma? 

[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm with you....I'm all Obama, lets tax and spend oursleves into oblivion....I'm on board...let's do this thing.  I wrote to my Congressman encouraging him to give Obama everything he wants.  The voters deserve to get what they voted for and Boehner and the republicans need to get out of the way.

All Obama all the time!!  Let's give him what he wants....let's do this and do it big!! 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tomorrow is payday for most.  A pleasant surprise is in store.

[/QUOTE]

But high taxes, out of control spending and crushing debt is what Americans voted for...why not give them what they asked for????  Shouldn't elections have consequences??  Why protect voters from what they asked for??

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts