Are You Ready For Some Football

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Re: Are You Ready For Some Football

I believe his concern is that American will no longer be a great country

A concern that many Americans share at this precarious moment in time and leadership.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

What a dumb reaction by the nfl.Have they heard of freedom of speech?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Too much political correctness in this country.

The fans and MNF lose more than HW, He's a multi-millionaire with vast resources and couldn't careless about ESPN's money.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

I bet he's back within 2 weeks!!?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football:
    [QUOTE]Too much political correctness in this country. The fans and MNF lose more than HW, He's a multi-millionaire with vast resources and couldn't careless about ESPN's money.
    Posted by sk8ter2008[/QUOTE]

Are you really trying to argue that Hank has more leverage over ESPN/Disney Corp. than they do over him...??

You can't really believe that, can you?  Or are you really that jaded?

They buy and sell 10x the likes of HW every single day.  When he brings in $38 Billion in yearly revenue, let me know, m'kay.... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : Are you really trying to argue that Hank has more leverage over ESPN/Disney Corp. than they do over him...?? You can't really believe that, can you?  Or are you really that jaded? They buy and sell 10x the likes of HW every single day.  When he brings in $38 Billion in yearly revenue, let me know, m'kay.... 
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

How did you get that? I said he couldn't careless financially and they (decision makers at ESPN) couldn't either. The ones that get the raw deal are the fans who love to get fired up with his song before MNF!

Don't be so presumptuous!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

hank Williams JR joins a long list of clowns to call The President a nazi.

The President has been called a Nazi on many, many occaisons. I'm surprised that it even made the news.

Wait, are you talking about the current President?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : How did you get that? I said he couldn't careless financially and they (decision makers at ESPN) couldn't either. The ones that get the raw deal are the fans who love to get fired up with his song before MNF! Don't be so presumptuous!!

Sorry if I misunderstood, but you seemed to imply HW had the upper hand in negotiation.

For the fans: try iTunes
    For MNF: try a good song

And for HW, as the right-wingers love to say: Shut Up and Do What You Call Singing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : Sorry if I misunderstood, but you seemed to imply HW had the upper hand in negotiation. For the fans: try iTunes For MNF: try a good song And for HW, as the right-wingers love to say: Shut Up and Do What You Call Singing.

There's a reason it's been the MNF song for a LOOOOOOOONG time!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Shut Up and Do What You Call Singing.

"Shut up and sing." -- Laura Ingram

Good advice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : There's a reason it's been the MNF song for a LOOOOOOOONG time!!!

Really?  And what reason is that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

[QUOTE]whatdoyouwant: Thanks.  Emersoncat has long been following me around under many different names.   She will always say the opposite of whatever I blog. 
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]
    Not true. by freedom of speech I mean that a person should be able to say something about politics without losing their job.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : Really?  And what reason is that?

Its very well received by fans of course!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : Not true. by freedom of speech I mean that a person should be able to say something about politics without losing their job.
    Posted by EmersonCat[/QUOTE]

He's not going to lose his job. They are just grandstanding. The MNF song will be back next week.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fafhrd. Show Fafhrd's posts

sk8ter what do you want to bet he won't be back next week?  Look at all these fools defending HW for calling the President Hitler and the enemy.  And of course they defended the Dixie Chick's right to free speech, back then right?

It's okay if you're a republican.  That song wasn't really a song, it was a jingle.  I don't think MNF fans will be crying over the loss.  Oh, except the wingnuts who condemn the pc of this country and defend people's right to call the President Hitler, as long as he's a Democrat they don't like.

It's actually embarrassing how little respect so many wingnuts have for our current President.

Funny thing is how Cain gets jumped all over for calling Perry's ranch name insensitive, because the GOP was in danger of losing its racial cover.

Wingnuts on this board are such hypocrites, always just looking for a reason to bash Obama.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

WhatYouReallyReallyWant is right. Freedom of speech means freedom from restrictions on political speech from the government. Private concerns like ESPN have every right to fire an employee if that employee says controversial things in public. You have the freedom to say anything you want and they have the freedom to fire your loudmouth butt if they want to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

..football fans are mostly blue collar, if they like the MNF song then it will stay. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt it, the song is history.  Now that oldie is saying the song will be back, I am certain it will not.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]
    He does have a knack for being wrong. I doubt the song will be back as well...I see our friend does not understand the concept of freedom of speech..