Are You Ready For Some Football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Are You Ready For Some Football

In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football:
    [QUOTE]Wow...mighty testic-ley for someone who can't argue their way out of a tampon wrapper.  Better to save yourself the shame now before it's too late.... Hahaha...nice spin. Take your special rules and use them with someone else. You're nothing but a pretentious @55hole.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

Thanks...awfully kind for someone with all the nuance of a red rubber ball...

...but I'm not pretending...it's a necessary evil when debating sphincter-minded pups like yourself.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

....the left suffers short term memory loss. They conveniently forget all the Bush-isms.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : He called him a racist on national TV. So Soros gets a pass.  Okey dokey.  So did Jesse Jackson, but country singers with famous dads are what's really important. The squeaky clean left just isn't, and you know it
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

You got that right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Guys you're not playing fair. You need to play be Matty's rules or else....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]Guys you're not playing fair. You need to play be Matty's rules or else....
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

.... I think Matty and jackbu are away, watching the View.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : He called him a racist on national TV. So Soros gets a pass.  Okey dokey.  So did Jesse Jackson, but country singers with famous dads are what's really important. The squeaky clean left just isn't, and you know it
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

I didn't say they were squeaky clean, nor did I give anyone a pass.  Here's the issue, which is much larger than HW:

America as a whole is celebrity-obsessed, and this leads the media to get opinions on political issues from celebrities who may or may not know what they're talking about.  It's part of the media's epic failure to properly distinguish opinion from fact re: political matters.

My criticism is of the media, not conservatives, country singers, or idiot bigmouth celebs at any level.  I don't care if Hank apologizes, but he should probably explain what he meant to avoid any confusion, and it's the media's job to make sure he does.

Whether Disney/Espn made the right call is entirely up to them.  I don't like the song, but I don't have to listen if I don't want to, either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I don't care if Hank apologizes, but he should probably explain what he meant to avoid any confusion

Psst....he already did

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : I didn't say they were squeaky clean, nor did I give anyone a pass.  Here's the issue, which is much larger than HW: America as a whole is celebrity-obsessed, and this leads the media to get opinions on political issues from celebrities who may or may not know what they're talking about.  It's part of the media's epic failure to properly distinguish opinion from fact re: political matters. My criticism is of the media, not conservatives, country singers, or idiot bigmouth celebs at any level.  I don't care if Hank apologizes, but he should probably explain what he meant to avoid any confusion, and it's the media's job to make sure he does. Whether Disney/Espn made the right call is entirely up to them.  I don't like the song, but I don't have to listen if I don't want to, either.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

...well see, there is something we can agree on. Trouble is, fools like jackbu rely on msnbc, fox and the View to tell them what to say and sell. Nine out of ten times if jackbu has a story to tell, it comes from something he heard or saw via the msm. Much of why I enjoy sharing Palin stories .... it gets his thong all bunched up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I read his "explanation".

It also makes no logical sense in the slightest and merely doubled down on the number of fallacies.

Again, I don't care if he apologizes, but rambling nonsensically doesn't help his case, either. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : ...well see, there is something we can agree on. Trouble is, fools like jackbu rely on msnbc, fox and the View to tell them what to say and sell. Nine out of ten times if jackbu has a story to tell, it comes from something he heard or saw via the msm. Much of why I enjoy sharing Palin stories .... it gets his thong all bunched up.
    Posted by OAMLFO[/QUOTE]

Almost.

The problem is not what the man said or even how he said it; it's that anyone thought to ask him (or believe him) in the first place.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]Bottom line, he violated the terms of his contract with espn.  It does not matter what anyone thinks except espn.  I did think he looked pretty foolish, so I diecided to put up this thread, which seems to be very active.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

...tooting your own horn. Still just hot air.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Espn and Williams both announced today that the song will not return to Monday Night football...not surprisingly each are taking credit for the decision. I am guessing that ESPN figured that the mediocre song was not worth the controversy or losing sponsor dollars. Williams who seems to be another one who lacks an understanding of freedom of speech. According to Williams..he was offended that ESPN was infringing on his 1st amendment rights..the problem is only the government can do that.
    Jack..too funny..you were right. The minute Oldie/oam said the song would return..it was a sure bet that it was history..much like Palin's fictitious presidential campaign.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]Espn and Williams both announced today that the song will not return to Monday Night football...not surprisingly each are taking credit for the decision. I am guessing that ESPN figured that the mediocre song was not worth the controversy or losing sponsor dollars. Williams who seems to be another one who lacks an understanding of freedom of speech. According to Williams..he was offended that ESPN was infringing on his 1st amendment rights..the problem is only the government can do that. Jack..too funny..you were right. The minute Oldie/oam said the song would return..it was a sure bet that it was history..much like Palin's fictitious presidential campaign.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

....coming from a shm u ck that has me on ignore. I am making a prediction that jack and the cricket will continue posting on this site.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

why does comparing Obama and Boehner GOLFING to Hitler and Netenyahu GOLFING offend anyone. It's a comparrison of people who obviously have/had animosity or hatred towards each other????

Do Boehner and Obama have animosity towrds each other or the appearance of such?
    Did Hitler and the jewish leaders not have same??

cmon it's political correctness and opportunizm pure and simple!!!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

[QUOTE]hank Williams JR joins a long list of clowns to call The President a nazi. The President has been called a Nazi on many, many occaisons. I'm surprised that it even made the news. Wait, are you talking about the current President?
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

Two completely set of rules at play here.  If you call George W Bush a Nazi it means you a rational clear thinker, if you call the feckless obama a Nazi you are deranged and a candidate for the reeducation camp opening soon near you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]It is always a sure bet to go with the opposite of what oldie likes.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

........take note of my previous post here, and go with that sure bet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : Two completely set of rules at play here.  If you call George W Bush a Nazi it means you a rational clear thinker, if you call the feckless obama a Nazi you are deranged and a candidate for the reeducation camp opening soon near you.
    Posted by bobc33[/QUOTE]

I think that's an unfair generalization to make..sure..there are probably some left wingers who think it's okay to call Bush a Nazi..just like there are clearly some right wingers who think it's okay to call Obama a Nazi ( and "the enemy")....but don't generalize. Most people find it offensive on any level when the president of the country they love is referred to as Hitler...no one I know thinks that is okay on a fundamental level. Hitler was an evil monster. You can disagree with a President's position on the issue..but comparing him to Hitler is wrong..no matter what side of the aisle it comes from.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : Almost. The problem is not what the man said or even how he said it; it's that anyone thought to ask him (or believe him) in the first place.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]
    Matty..I agree. What possible profound thought did the interviewer hope to garner by asking a mostly drunk..mediocre country singer who existed in the shadow of his father's greatness for most of his life?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder what the reaction would have been if he talked about palin's affair with glen rice.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]
    I can just imagine what kind of responses he'd give to that question..I am guessing that subject matter is probably more up his alley. I am sure all the Palin lovers would be up in arms.