Are You Ready For Some Football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winston69. Show Winston69's posts

Re: Are You Ready For Some Football

Wingnut or moonbat, all I can say for entertainers is SHUT UP AND SING!

If you went to Stop and Shop and got a political spew at the checkout counter a few times, wouldn't you find a new place to shop?

Would you go into your boss' office and give him/her a spew on your political point of view?

Hank Williams - dumb as a fencepost.

By the way, he did not compare Obama to Hitler. He compared Boehner golfing with Obama to Netanyahu golfing with Hitler. That is quite different. Not much smarter but different.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football:
    ..football fans are mostly blue collar, if they like the MNF song then it will stay. 
    Posted by OAMLFO

Football fans may very well be blue collar..but the NFL is a corporate machine..and if it comes down to the average blue collar football van..versus the big money..then sorry..but big money is going to win.
    Also..a real football fan could generally care less about a song at the beginning of a broadcast..they really care more about what's happening on the field. ( personally I like the entertainment..but all my football loving friends could care less about it). I don't think you will see this song back..
    Funny..Hank Williams Jr. is now saying his comment was misunderstood...and trying to backtrack. He really had the most to lose. People don't realize that while it is okay to speak your mind..you need to be prepared for potential consequences of that speech. I guess I would think if he really felt strongly about his position he would stick with it no matter what.

Here's a question for everyone...what would be a good replacement song? I know there must be many out there..but I haven't had coffee yet..so can't quite think of one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Typical of fox to cheer him on. 

Did you see the interview? The FOX hosts weren't exactly cheering him on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Look at all these fools defending HW for calling the President Hitler and the enemy.  And of course they defended the Dixie Chick's right to free speech, back then right?

Hahaha...that's funny coming from someone whose side called Bush and co. Hitler/Nazis on a daily basis. Sigh.....

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

I saw it and they were laughing. They perk up anytime someone bashes The President.
    Posted by jackbu

....watch it again. NO ONE LAUGHED. Who did you see laugh? They all looked shocked and questioned the association. This is why I don't buy what you sell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eF6vCv13bw

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

Faith Hill is better looking anyway.
    Posted by movingtarget3

Faith Hill is hot!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I saw it and they were laughing. They perk up anytime someone bashes The President.
    posted by jackbu

Liar. You are flat out lying. No one laughed at his comments. In fact one of them stated they didn't understand his analogy.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

Oldie. You don't have to buy anything. The Guy is gone for a stupid remark and that is what the thread is about.
    Posted by jackbu

.... so were they laughing or not?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : Its very well received by fans of course!
    Posted by sk8ter2008

"well received"...?  or merely tolerated...??

Personally, I like football much more than I do country music.  And I genuinely like some country music (albeit more bakersfield than nashville).

Then again, I generally use my DVR to skip all of the commercials, promos and assorted banalities that viewers are forced to endure just to watch a game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

I see oldie is not the only child here. Did someone actually call me a liar?

Sorry to offend the fox worshipers. I saw it live and there were some laughing. Perhaps fox did some editing to avoid looking stupid.

Bwahahahaha....not only a liar but a conspiracy theorist. What a joke you are.

Sorry you don't like being called on your lying. There was no laughing at his specific comments. It's plain to see in the video. But you know that.

Funny how you watched it live yet call us fox worshipers. I only saw it when it became a news story. Know why? I don't watch fox. Oops...so not only do you lie and believe in conspiracies but you make incorrect sweeping generalizations.

You're just not having a good day are ya! Ouch!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Look at all these fools defending HW for calling the President Hitler and the enemy.  And of course they defended the Dixie Chick's right to free speech, back then right? Hahaha...that's funny coming from someone whose side called Bush and co. Hitler/Nazis on a daily basis. Sigh.....
    Posted by WhichOnesPink

Do you have an example of an american entertainment figure of HWII's stature calling Bush "Hitler/Nazi" on national TV...??  ...since that's what this is about?

(Note that comedians/satirists work by a different set of rhetorical standards, by definition; however, FTPOTD, I'm curious to see any of these examples, too.)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Do you have an example of an american entertainment figure of HWII's stature calling Bush "Hitler/Nazi" on national TV...??  ...since that's what this is about?

(Note that comedians/satirists work by a different set of rhetorical standards, by definition; however, FTPOTD, I'm curious to see any of these examples, too.)

Ah yes the world according to Matty. Sorry but you ain't the rules setter. I'm not playing your little caveat game that you love to play.

It's wrong no matter WHO is saying it. The point is plenty on the Left, whether through verbally saying it or written words, called Bush and co. Hitler/Nazis quite a bit.

Now go fcuk yourself little pr!ck

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

I see oldie is not the only child here. Did someone actually call me a liar? Sorry to offend the fox worshipers. I saw it live and there were some laughing. Perhaps fox did some editing to avoid looking stupid.
    Posted by jackbu

...there was no laughing, no editing. So who laughed according to you? Come out of the closet, Fox lover.

Looks like I am not the only one calling you out. Liar.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Do you have an example of an american entertainment figure of HWII's stature calling Bush "Hitler/Nazi" on national TV...??  ...since that's what this is about? (Note that comedians/satirists work by a different set of rhetorical standards, by definition; however, FTPOTD, I'm curious to see any of these examples, too.) Ah yes the world according to Matty. Sorry but you ain't the rules setter. I'm not playing your little caveat game that you love to play. It's wrong no matter WHO is saying it. The point is plenty on the Left, whether through verbally saying it or written words, called Bush and co. Hitler/Nazis quite a bit. Now go fcuk yourself little pr!ck
    Posted by WhichOnesPink

Wow...mighty testic-ley for someone who can't argue their way out of a tampon wrapper.  Better to save yourself the shame now before it's too late....

Au revoir, l'enfant terrible

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

HWII's stature? No entertainer, but isn't George Soros supposed to be pretty smart? Kanye West close enough for ya? It was pretty easy to find that poster above.
    Posted by GreginMeffa

I wouldn't count Soros as a celebrity well known to those outside poli-bus circles.

Kanye West would suffice though.  When did he call Bush Hitler on national TV?

Posters ain't people any more than protest signs are policies.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Wow...mighty testic-ley for someone who can't argue their way out of a tampon wrapper.  Better to save yourself the shame now before it's too late....

Hahaha...nice spin. Take your special rules and use them with someone else. You're nothing but a pretentious @55hole.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

In Response to Re: Are You Ready For Some Football : I wouldn't count Soros as a celebrity well known to those outside poli-bus circles. Kanye West would suffice though.  When did he call Bush Hitler on national TV? Posters ain't people any more than protest signs are policies.
    Posted by MattyScornD

...when did HW call Obama a Nazi?

Sections
Shortcuts