Arizona Lawmakers Continue to Squeeze Illegals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

Arizona Lawmakers Continue to Squeeze Illegals

Arizona Senate Panel Passes Sweeping Bills Targeting Illegals, Birthright Citizenship

PHOENIX -- An Arizona Senate committee late Tuesday narrowly approved a sweeping bill that would target illegal immigrants in public housing, public benefits and the workplace.

The committee earlier Tuesday also approved a bill that would deny automatic citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants in a measure designed to set up a possible U.S. Supreme Court case on the issue.

Republican state Sen. Russell Pearce, who authored Arizona's controversial illegal immigration law last year that touched off a nationwide debate on whether states can enforce federal immigration laws, sponsored Tuesday's more sweeping measure.

"If you're in the country illegally, you don't have a right to public benefits, period," he said.

The bill toughens requirements that employers check work eligibility of new hires, allowing for their business licenses to be suspended if they don't use the federal E-Verify system. Workers caught using a false identity to get a job would face mandatory six-month jail sentences.

It also requires schools to collect information on the legal status of students and report them to law enforcement if their parents don't provide the necessary documents or the documents appear false.

The bill also makes it illegal for an illegal immigrant to drive in the state, providing for a 30-day minimum jail sentence and the seizure of their vehicles if they are convicted.

In housing, it requires public agencies to verify the immigration status of renters and to evict everyone living in a unit if one was found to be an illegal immigrant. For health care, the bill changes some of the document requirements for the state's Medicaid program.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/22/arizona-senate-panel-passes-birthright-citizen-law/#content

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Re: Arizona Lawmakers Continue to Squeeze Illegals

Good for AZ.  The only problem, the illegals will just make there way up North where politicians love to pander to them.

I am sure Deval will welcome them with open arms and promises of licenses in state tuition and benefits!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Yup.. Patrick is kissin major azz to the illegals AND the unions.
     How can this state go in a totally different direction from the rest of the country?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

I prefer THIS approach..

A Texas lawmaker wants to bring the illegal immigration problem directly to Congress. Literally. 

A new proposal from Texas state Rep. Lois Kolkhorst would allow law enforcement officials to drop off illegal immigrants at the offices of any U.S. senator or representative. 

The proposed bill only applies to illegal immigrants about to be released on bail or discharged after completing a sentence and does not detail what the U.S. senator or representative is supposed to do with them. 

The bill merely authorizes law enforcement officers to release illegal immigrants to a congressional office, and to have an employee of that office sign a document acknowledging the transfer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

>>

The committee earlier Tuesday also approved a bill that would deny automatic citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants in a measure designed to set up a possible U.S. Supreme Court case on the issue.<<

AZ wants to amend the US Constitution? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In Response to Re: Arizona Lawmakers Continue to Squeeze Illegals:
    [QUOTE]Yup.. Patrick is kissin major azz to the illegals AND the unions.  How can this state go in a totally different direction from the rest of the country?  
    Posted by RevWright[/QUOTE]

So you are completely unaware of the measure passed by the Mass senate last may which several commenters on the board, including Greginmeffa pointed out were some of the strictest in the nation?  Deval might pander, but but when he signs bills such as the below his actions carry far more weight, so much so that it renders your point nonsensical. 

It, in part, does the following

The measure, which passed on a 28-10 vote as an amendment to the budget, would bar the state from doing business with any company found to break federal laws barring illegal immigrant hiring. It would also toughen penalties for creating or using fake identification documents, and explicitly deny in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants.

The amendment would also require the state’s public health insurance program to verify residency through the Department of Homeland Security, and would require the state to give legal residents priority for subsidized housing.

Also the law includes a new requirement that the state attorney general's office set up a hot line for people to snitch on businesses that hire illegal immigrants. The AG's office would also be responsible for investigating.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/05/mass_senate_pas.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Damian,

I sincerely appreciate that information. I just did not know.

I agree that they need to target companys.
    WHO will target the STATE?
    Who needs a job when Ma$$ will give them everything they need.. food, shelter, booze, education, unemployment...?

Minorities and unions are the core of Patricks machine. I doubt he would ever jeopardize that.

Appreciate the info. Wait and see my friend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Arizona Lawmakers Continue to Squeeze Illegals:
    [QUOTE]Minorities and unions are the core of Patricks machine. I doubt he would ever jeopardize that. Posted by RevWright[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the rich blue blood liberals...you know they're all about minorities and unions, and they laughed and laughed when Charlie Baker couldn't manage to put the ball in the hole.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

I don't miss good time Charlie although HE was the election swing vote.
    Waiting to see his reward...

Sections
Shortcuts