Armed Grandmother stops robbery and armed assault!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Armed Grandmother stops robbery and armed assault!

If guns were illegal Grandmother may have died!

Ernestine Aldana owns a grocery store near the corner of Muskego Avenue and Becher Street in Milwaukee. On Dec. 14, Aldana was working in the store when a man entered the store and pulled a knife on her.

"I was really scared," she said.

But as the man reached for cash from the drawer, Aldana pulled a gun from underneath the counter.

"I didn't think," she said. "I didn't remember what was being said. I just took a step back, grabbed the gun and that was that."

As the gun came out, the man ran away.

Aldana said she and her husband have owned the grocery store for just over two years and have not encountered any problems before this. She said her son bought the gun for their protection, but they never thought they would have to use it.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/01/11/armed-grandmother-stops-robbery-knife-slashing-at-grocery-store-n1487102

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Armed Grandmother stops robbery and armed assault!

Great.  A legally armed person using their weapon to defend their property.  So whats your point? 

No is saying Grandma should not have a gun. 

No has suggested that all guns be made illegal. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

And in other news.

Gun Enthusiast With Popular Online Videos Is Shot to Death in Georgia

CARNESVILLE, Ga. — Keith Ratliff loved guns. He built his own rifles. He kept bullets in his car's cup holder. And on the rear window he slapped a sticker of the Starbucks Coffee mermaid firing two pistols.

€œ"I love Guns and Coffee" it read.

Mr. Ratliff’s passion for firearms made him something of a celebrity on the Internet, where he helped make scores of videos about high-powered and exotic guns and explosives. His YouTube channel, called FPSRussia, became the site’s ninth largest, with nearly 3.5 million subscribers and more than 500 million views.

But last week, the authorities said, Mr. Ratliff, 32, ended up on the wrong end of a gun. The police in northeast Georgia found him dead at his office on Jan. 3, shot once in the head. He was surrounded by several guns, but not the one that killed him. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is treating it as a homicide.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great.  A legally armed person using their weapon to defend their property.  So whats your point? 

No is saying Grandma should not have a gun. 

No has suggested that all guns be made illegal. 

[/QUOTE]

And they will not be publically.

Biden is not even talking assault weapons ban any longer:

“My former colleagues in the Senate, who have been pretty universally opposed to any restrictions on gun ownership or what type of weapons can be purchased, et cetera… I’ve never quite heard as much talk about the need to do something about high-capacity magazines as I’ve heard spontaneously from every group that we’ve met with so far,” Biden said Thursday during a meeting with sportsmen.

Some in the media, reading tea leaves, have taken Biden’s silence at these meetings to mean the White House is moving away from pushing an assault weapons ban like the one he was a principal author of in 1994, and that Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California is pushing now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'm sure that robber learned his lesson - next time he'll have a gun.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And in other news.

Gun Enthusiast With Popular Online Videos Is Shot to Death in Georgia

CARNESVILLE, Ga. — Keith Ratliff loved guns. He built his own rifles. He kept bullets in his car's cup holder. And on the rear window he slapped a sticker of the Starbucks Coffee mermaid firing two pistols.

€œ"I love Guns and Coffee" it read.

Mr. Ratliff’s passion for firearms made him something of a celebrity on the Internet, where he helped make scores of videos about high-powered and exotic guns and explosives. His YouTube channel, called FPSRussia, became the site’s ninth largest, with nearly 3.5 million subscribers and more than 500 million views.

But last week, the authorities said, Mr. Ratliff, 32, ended up on the wrong end of a gun. The police in northeast Georgia found him dead at his office on Jan. 3, shot once in the head. He was surrounded by several guns, but not the one that killed him. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is treating it as a homicide.

[/QUOTE]

Point?

Are you saying:

a) HIS guns didn't save him,

or

b) the person who shot him got the drop on him,

or

c) nothing at all (per usual)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm sure that robber learned his lesson - next time he'll have a gun.

[/QUOTE]

I think the lesson learned for robbers in general is to avoid that store, as the owners are armed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

No one is suggesting that guns be made illegal. We just want to keep people who are mentally ill from getting hold of guns and shooting up first grade classrooms.

While the story TVoter shared has a just ending..the reality is that numbers just don't lie and grandma is 43 times more likely to be hurt by her own gun than by someone else's gun.

No one is suggesting that grandma can't own a gun to protect her home. The debate is about universal and more complete background checks as well as whether semi automatic weapons fall under the second amendment. After all..we've determined that the founders did not intend for individuals to have the right to carry other types of arms ( explosives, rocket launchers, etc).

Something like 70 percent of NRA members support stronger background checks and bans on semi-automatic...so really..any one who opposes these things is just a vocal minority..and the NRA leadership whose job it is to help gun manufacturers increase sales.

It says a lot about our society that we are on the cusp of requiring teachers to be fingerprinted...but some want ownership of weapons of mass destruction to continue unfettered.

Sections
Shortcuts