Arrogant Obama describes global warming doubters at "Flat Earthers"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: Arrogant Obama describes global warming doubters at

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

That's funny right there.  You probably really think that big government creates a better world.

No, I don't. I do think small minded people such as yourself help create a poorer world.

I guess small-mided people at least have a mind. Apparently something you lack.

Your cartoon is typical of how the proponents of action on CO2 emissions distort science and  basically conduct a propaganda campaign.

NONE OF THOSE ITEMS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH CO2 EMISSIONS.

The other big LIE is that CO2 is toxic like arsenic and mercury, etc. or that if we control CO2 emissions weare going to have a cleaner envirnoment. Total fabrications.

And these people claim that "deniers" attack science???

jedwardnicky, your cartoon is a LIE.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

That's funny right there.  You probably really think that big government creates a better world.

No, I don't. I do think small minded people such as yourself help create a poorer world.

things

Right. sigh. such a meaningful contribution.

so, tell me.  stipulating the list in the cartoon Is the proper list.  How do we get such things?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Your cartoon is typical of how the proponents of action on CO2 emissions distort science and  basically conduct a propaganda campaign.

The other big LIE is that CO2 is toxic like arsenic and mercury, etc. or that if we control CO2 emissions weare going to have a cleaner envirnoment. Total fabrications.

You're confusing CO2 (carbon dioxide) with CO (carbon monoxide). Both are released when you burn/combust any carbon based fuel (coal, oil, wood), and both are harmful for different reasons. One is detrimental to the environment, the other can kill you. But since they are BOTH released by the same process, that's why we speak of "carbon emissions" and "carbon footprints".

I know all you hear is "carbon __oxide", but it's important that you learn the difference between the two.

[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I know the difference between CO and CO2. It is the President that makes that claim, not me. It's in his plan.

CO2 is not detrimental to the environment. WHere the f did you get that? More dsistortions. Plant life would not exist without it,

And of course you ignore the fact that all that stuff listed in your lying cartoon has nothing to do with man-made CO2 emissions

You need to get out of the librul echo chamber. Get a science education.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

More CO2 in the atmosphere means the atmosphere retains more solar radiation. That means more heat. That means the weather (climate) changes.

That's the theory alright. Say, you know that it's only a theory right? That it hasn't been proven yet? Well, I'm sure that they'll figure it out sooner or later and we can talk about facts. Won't that be fun?

--

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

You're confusing CO2 (carbon dioxide) with CO (carbon monoxide). Both are released when you burn/combust any carbon based fuel (coal, oil, wood), and both are harmful for different reasons. One is detrimental to the environment, the other can kill you. But since they are BOTH released by the same process, that's why we speak of "carbon emissions" and "carbon footprints".

I know all you hear is "carbon __oxide", but it's important that you learn the difference between the two.

Believe me, I know the difference between CO and CO2. It is the President that makes that claim, not me. It's in his plan.

CO2 is not detrimental to the environment. WHere the f did you get that? More dsistortions. Plant life would not exist without it,

And of course you ignore the fact that all that stuff listed in your lying cartoon has nothing to do with man-made CO2 emissions

You need to get out of the librul echo chamber. Get a science education.

You're right! Plant life would not exist without CO2! They absorb CO2 and use photosynthesis to grow and expel oxygen. But since we humans destroy more plant life than we replace, there's more CO2 in the atmosphere because there are less plants to absorb/convert CO2. More CO2 in the atmosphere means the atmosphere retains more solar radiation. That means more heat. That means the weather (climate) changes.

Notice how I didn't even mention man made CO2 emissions?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I also noticed that you called CO2 detrimental to the environment which is obviously a disqualifying statement if you are going to pretend you have any knowledge of science.

You present no evidence that we destroy more plants than we replace. All those people that eat plants and the animals we raise to eat also eat some plant life.  Even if we did  destroy more plant life than we replace doesn't mean that nature can't replace it on its own.

And you have never addressed the fact that your cartoon is a lie. NOne of those things have anything to do with controlling man-made CO2 emissions. We could do absolutely nothing about CO2 and all of that could come to be true. 

I am beginning to believe it is because you are ignorant and have swallowed the lies of the librul echo chamber.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Sure. In the mean time enjoy the theory of gravity while you sit at your computer that runs off the theory of electromagnetism. You know they're only theories, right?

Ahhhh, but the effects of both of those things are well understood facts. We stiil don't really know the effects of CO2 in the atmosphere or even why temperatures have been generally rising since the end of the little ice age (and long before the advent of the internal combustion engine.)

Unless you have a political agenda, then you just know.

--

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Sure. In the mean time enjoy the theory of gravity while you sit at your computer that runs off the theory of electromagnetism. You know they're only theories, right?

Ahhhh, but the effects of both of those things are well understood facts. We stiil don't really know the effects of CO2 in the atmosphere or even why temperatures have been generally rising since the end of the little ice age (and long before the advent of the internal combustion engine.)

Unless you have a political agenda, then you just know.

--

I don't have a political agenda..... do you? I just tend to agree with scientists. You know, the people who have given us the quality of life we both enjoy today. And I'm fairly sure what your response will be, so go ahead. I'm ready.

jed,

And the the title of this thread is "ARROGANT OBAMA"!!!

Given the latest back and forth, IMO some posters are exhibiting some pretty arrogant behavior not to mention petty jabs which makes the thread title ironic, to say the least.

Cannot wait for the he/she started it first. 

As for spouting talking points, give me a flipping break. When you are spouting talking points yourself...we on the other side of this issue know what they are... so it is pretty funny when you make that accusation.

Calling another poster a liar is very harsh. Yet some feel free to do it with impunity. Another POV does not make one a liar.

You want respect, then earn it. Here, just as in life. I respect plenty of conservative posters in the forums. They earned my respect and retain it. By the same token, I worked to earn their respect...and to keep it.

jed, I know you are more then equipped to handle what goes beyond heated exchange in the forums. I just wanted to weigh in on this now very long thread and its current temperature.

Oh, and btw, in case it is not clear, I believe Obama's speech on Tuesday was huge. This issue should of course be handled by Congress. At this point it is clear Congress is not going to do anything. So Obama is going to try his best employing the Clean Air Act, etc., to get us moving forward on this major issue.

I believe in the science. Those who do not, the "outliers", who want to wait for more proof, want to wait until our window of opportunity is gone. I am not willing to wait for the window to close. I have a dog in the fight. Even if I did not, still being a productive member of society I am not going to roll over on this. Neither are a lot of other like minded people.

So, if our POV prevails, even those opposed will benefit. And their children. And their children's  children.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

things

Right. sigh. such a meaningful contribution.

so, tell me.  stipulating the list in the cartoon Is the proper list.  How do we get such things?

I'm sorry, is there something on this list you object to?

I'm asking a different question.  Try  to follow.

The question I am asking is HOW do we get to those items on the list?

But, I do have a problem with at least one item on the list.  It is the etc,etc. bullet point.  This is where progressives throw in things like taxes, government run healthcare, Kyoto protocols, etc.  In other words, it is where the progressives get to the things they really care about, i.e. ptting people under their elitist control.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

skeeter,

But, I do have a problem with at least one item on the list.  It is the etc,etc. bullet point.  This is where progressives throw in things like taxes, government run healthcare, Kyoto protocols, etc.  In other words, it is where the progressives get to the things they really care about, i.e. ptting people under their elitist control.   

skeeter, you got us. We progressives only pretend to disagree among ourselves. Truth be told, we march in lockstep on every major issue of the day. Kinda like the GOP used to do when they were a more disciplined party.

As for eltist...got us again. Although I need your definition of "elitist". If it it someone who reads extensively all sides of an issue, employs critical thinking and exhibits the same when expressing his/her opinion than BAM, that is a progressive. If it is someone who is wealthy...not a criteria. Someone with advanced schooling, esp. at more selective colleges and universities...not a criteria. Someone who wants what is best for this country, for this planet, even if it is not in their personal/vested best interest...that is a progressive. Someone who wants the government out of our bedrooms and away from our bodies, esp. women's bodies like State Senator Wendy Davis of Texas, that is a progressive. Someone who is horrified by the VRA decision, like Con. Reggie Lewis who marched in Selma, that is a progressive.   

I know I replied to a post directed at jed...another progressive member of the forums. First, I hope he is enjoying this beautiful Sunday. Second, since he and I respect each other, I do not think it a stretch to say he would not mind. jed can certainly fashion his own reply when he gets a chance.                                         

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry, is there something on this list you object to?

------------------------------------------------------

I'm asking a different question.  Try  to follow.

The question I am asking is HOW do we get to those items on the list?

Several years ago, when I was married, my wife and I needed to replace the leaking black rubber on the flat roof of the triple decker we co-owned. We lived on the top floor. After a little research, we chose to go with a white vinyl (pvc) replacement.

It was a simple and elegant way to help ourselves and the environment. We noticed immediately that our apartment was much cooler in the summer heat. Electrical costs were much lower than ever before. All this simply because white reflects solar radiation while black absorbs it (I.E. heat). Granted, we got a little help in the form of a tax credit, but we also helped reduced our energy dependence on oil imports. Plus our resale value went up as well.

You might also consider this when buying a car. The darker your car, the hotter it gets.

[/QUOTE]

jed,

Tax credits are there to motivate taxpayer behavior. We use tax policy all the time to push and pull taxpayer behavior. So jed, in your case it factored into your decision. It worked just like it was suppose to work.

Also, white is one of the safest colors you can choose for your auotmobile, fyi anybody, as well as coolest. Double bang for your bucks.

Cannot wait for the reply to this post. It has been a loooong Sunday.  :)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Anybody look out the window lately ?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"In the United States, which contains 8 percent of the world's forests, there are more trees than there were 100 years ago. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), "Forest growth nationally has exceeded harvest since the 1940s. By 1997, forest growth exceeded harvest by 42 percent and the volume of forest growth was 380 percent greater than it had been in 1920." The greatest gains have been seen on the East Coast (with average volumes of wood per acre almost doubling since the '50s) which was the area most heavily logged by European settlers beginning in the 1600s, soon after their arrival."  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Meanwhile, 19 firefighters die trying to battle a wildfire near the Sonoran Desert due to record heat and drought conditions...

...conditions which were predicted ten years ago (and recently cemented) in connection with melting of the arctic ice floes.

But no matter to the deniers...or their mates the end-timers who are convinced this is armageddon and thus all part of 'god's plan'.

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat."  - GC

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"In the United States, which contains 8 percent of the world's forests, there are more trees than there were 100 years ago. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), "Forest growth nationally has exceeded harvest since the 1940s. By 1997, forest growth exceeded harvest by 42 percent and the volume of forest growth was 380 percent greater than it had been in 1920." The greatest gains have been seen on the East Coast (with average volumes of wood per acre almost doubling since the '50s) which was the area most heavily logged by European settlers beginning in the 1600s, soon after their arrival."  

You have now officially missed the forest for the trees.  

Well done!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mike01854. Show mike01854's posts

Quote, from the article he referenced.

"Mr. Cohn does his best to affirm that the urgent necessity of acting to r@#$^ warming has not abated."

I know there are some big words in that sentence but it is fairly clear.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts