As the conservatives predicted, Obamacare is more expensive than the free market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

As the conservatives predicted, Obamacare is more expensive than the free market

States are starting to roll out details about the exchanges, providing a look at just how affordable coverage under the Affordable Care Act will be. Some potential participants may be surprised at the figures: $2,000 deductibles, $45 primary care visit co-pays, and $250 emergency room tabs.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/13/news/economy/obamacare-affordable/index.html?iid=HP_LN&hpt=hp_t2

And, there's this:

Dozens of lawmakers and aides are so afraid that their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year thanks to Obamacare that they are thinking about retiring early or just quitting.

The fear: Government-subsidized premiums will disappear at the end of the year under a provision in the health care law that nudges aides and lawmakers onto the government health care exchanges, which could make their benefits exorbitantly expensive.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/obamacare-lawmakers-health-insurance-92691.html#ixzz2W6DzFM6N

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: As the conservatives predicted, Obamacare is more expensive than the free market

If these estimates turn out to be accurate, it is going to be a huge hit on the economy. But at least it is "fair"!

I heard the CBO is using $20,000 for the annual cost of family health insurance. Ridiculous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: As the conservatives predicted, Obamacare is more expensive than the free market

Ah...so Airborne wasn't comparing apples to apples when he was crowing about the low price for exchange plans....what a shocker 

Of course the premium is low....that happens with plans that have $2,000 deductibles, $45 ov copys and $250 er copays....DUH!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

One possibly positive unintended result is the exodus of politicians from Washington who otherwise might be forced into the new health case system:

Dozens of lawmakers and aides are so afraid that their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year thanks to Obamacare that they are thinking about retiring early or just quitting.

The fear: Government-subsidized premiums will disappear at the end of the year under a provision in the health care law that nudges aides and lawmakers onto the government health care exchanges, which could make their benefits exorbitantly expensive. (in other words, just like the rest of us.)

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/obamacare-lawmakers-health-insurance-92691.html#ixzz2W6SD9QsU

Obamacare, doing for term limits what the Republicans were too weak to do.

--

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

My company switched from Harv/Pilgrim to CIGNA, my bi-weekly premium satayed at $400 every two weeks, for my full-family-plan, basically what I paid last year.

But the new plan has $2,000 deductable per member, four in my family, plus a roughly $10 per script increase across the board.

I did the quick math, and it works out to approximately $10,000 increase over last year, and that's not Obama-care rates!

It's basically my company posturing themselves for 2014, they know it's going to hurt more, so they're taking a partial hit now.

just sayin'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

But...but...the President said ObamaCare would "cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year"

Must be the "greedy insurance companies" ....

Must be those states that stupidly signed up to administer ObamaCare....

If there is one thing that the Obama Administration does well, it is the blame game...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Hey, and for the ostriches out there that still think this is a good idea, get a free bumper sticker:

"People like you have been fighting to improve access to affordable health care since day one, because no one should ever have to go bankrupt because they get sick.

And even though Obamacare has been the law for more than three years, the other side is still trying to chip away at it. The House of Representatives has voted to repeal it 37 times, and conservative state legislatures across the country are passing laws that make it harder for their constituents to get access to affordable care.

So we're taking a stand.

Obamacare's not going anywhere. And neither are we.

Join Team Obamacare -- and tell us where to send your free bumper sticker today:http://my.barackobama.com/Join-Team-Obamacare

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Carson 
    Executive Director 
    Organizing for Action

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I think the whole idea of Obamacare shows the weakness of progressive thought.  Progressives generally think that government being in control legitimizes the action.  To be fair conservatives have their achilles heels as well.

But, Obamacare is a train wreck.  As far as I can see, it has accomplished nothing other than to provide free birth control at an enormous expense.

It had great promises of providing better healthcare for all at a lower price, but instead it has caused healthcare to be more expensive and less likely to be used appropriately at the individual level.  Like many things in government, the only thing Obamacare has accomplished is to make things worse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

And now, we hear that the very politicians and their staff that have told us repeatedly how good this is, are resigning/quitting their staff jobs so they can keep their insurance and not be put onto Obamacare.

just priceless.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

And, then there is this:

http://news.investors.com/economy/061413-659983-service-firms

-cut-health-benefits-before-obamacare.htm?ref=HPLNews

I guess at this point I'm willing to admit the. Good intentions of the progressives if they are willing to 

admit that government control of healthcare is a failure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

It's not Obama's fault. He is trying the best he can to make this work, but the evil forces arrayed against him are making it impossible. It's like everything else that is going wrong now.

I am sure he tried to get the military to respond to the Benghazi attacks but, they just didn't want to listen. And we all heard how revolted he was about the IRS targetting his political enemies. And look how they are dragging their feet to respond to Congressional inquiries! How can you blame Obama for that?!?!

We have to give the guy a break, after all he has only been President for 5 years

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Awwwww . . .    come on now, fellas.

It won't be all bad.

I, for one, am very much looking forward to having an IRS agent between me and my doctor.

Everything free in Amer-ee-ka!

For a small fee in Amer-ee-ka!

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!