Ashley Judd taking on Mitch McConnell?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: Ashley Judd taking on Mitch McConnell?

I'd vote for her....despite her communist views..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

There is a rumor going around that Ashley Judd is seriously considering a run against Mitch McConnell. Word it that if this happens, it could be a political bloodbath

While I do not condone what may have been Watergate-style bugging, it seems that said bugging revealed just how low Mr. Scared-Chipmunk-Obstructionist-Man's campaign was willing to go:

"She's clearly, this sounds extreme, but she is emotionally unbalanced. I mean it's been documented. Jesse can go in chapter and verse from her autobiography about, you know, she's suffered some suicidal tendencies. She was hospitalized for 42 days when she had a mental breakdown in the '90s."

Yeah. Don't attack her as being someone far far left on most issues, completely inexperienced politically, makes insane statements about people who buy Apple products, etc. Attack her for having severe depression. And seriously, not only is she depressed, she isn't a real Christian!

"Anyhow I know this is sort of a sensitive subject but you know at least worth putting on your radar screen is that she is critical…[inaudible] sort of traditional Christianity. She sort of views it as sort of a vestige of patriarchy. She says Christianity gives a God like a man, presented and discussed exclusively with male imagery which legitimizes and seals male power, the intention to dominate even if that intention is nowhere visible."

Keep it classy, moral right. Keep it classy.

Keep it classy indeed. I hope someone significant steps up to give McConnell a run for his money. This guy has no scruples and is a terrible..terrible leader.

Too funny that he was already running scared. His statements on her battle with depressing are very telling of his character. The right can say they want to help those with mental illness all they want..but his statements show his true feelings. How are we supposed to remove the stigma of mental illness when our so called leaders continue to demonize it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

There is a rumor going around that Ashley Judd is seriously considering a run against Mitch McConnell. Word it that if this happens, it could be a political bloodbath

While I do not condone what may have been Watergate-style bugging, it seems that said bugging revealed just how low Mr. Scared-Chipmunk-Obstructionist-Man's campaign was willing to go:

"She's clearly, this sounds extreme, but she is emotionally unbalanced. I mean it's been documented. Jesse can go in chapter and verse from her autobiography about, you know, she's suffered some suicidal tendencies. She was hospitalized for 42 days when she had a mental breakdown in the '90s."

Yeah. Don't attack her as being someone far far left on most issues, completely inexperienced politically, makes insane statements about people who buy Apple products, etc. Attack her for having severe depression. And seriously, not only is she depressed, she isn't a real Christian!

"Anyhow I know this is sort of a sensitive subject but you know at least worth putting on your radar screen is that she is critical…[inaudible] sort of traditional Christianity. She sort of views it as sort of a vestige of patriarchy. She says Christianity gives a God like a man, presented and discussed exclusively with male imagery which legitimizes and seals male power, the intention to dominate even if that intention is nowhere visible."

Keep it classy, moral right. Keep it classy.

Keep it classy indeed. I hope someone significant steps up to give McConnell a run for his money. This guy has no scruples and is a terrible..terrible leader.

Too funny that he was already running scared. His statements on her battle with depressing are very telling of his character. The right can say they want to help those with mental illness all they want..but his statements show his true feelings. How are we supposed to remove the stigma of mental illness when our so called leaders continue to demonize it?

Keep it classy?  They are repeating her stated opinions, from her autobiography and elsewhere.  Not like the called her a wh0re like Jerry Brown did to Meg Whitman.

Oh, wait a minute, I get it.  She's a progressive, so, her opinions are golden protected speech, unrepeatable by her oppponents.  My bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

As of March 27th  Ashley Judd decided not to run for senate .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

btw McConnell is still one of the most detestable people on the planet .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Did she win?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

People go after candidates past use of drugs, alcohol, affairs, divorces, military career, etc. but depression and suicide should be ignored? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

People go after candidates past use of drugs, alcohol, affairs, divorces, military career, etc.

Choices

depression and suicide

And I suppose if they were born paralyzed from the waste down, we can attack them for that, too.......

I don't think anyone should be attacked for anything I mentioned in my post. That being said....suicide is a choice. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

People go after candidates past use of drugs, alcohol, affairs, divorces, military career, etc.

Choices

depression and suicide

And I suppose if they were born paralyzed from the waste down, we can attack them for that, too.......

I don't think anyone should be attacked for anything I mentioned in my post. That being said....suicide is a choice. 

Not for someone who is depressed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I don't think anyone should be attacked for anything I mentioned in my post.

Oh please.

If it's an attack based on the fact that Obama smoked pot and did a little blow when younger then I agree.

But you know damn well you'd want to hear about it if he was strung out on smack between 2002 and 2007....       

Right because those who end up becoming presidential candidates could be someone who was strung out on smack for five years. Dumb example.

That being said....suicide is a choice.

If its due to a manic depressive condition, for example, it's about as much of a choice as acting on hallucinated kill commands is for a schizophrenic.

We were talking about Judd's suicidal tendencies. She chose not to

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

btw McConnell is still one of the most detestable people on the planet .

Well, I don't know about that.  That's pretty stong.  I don't care much for him, but, I would find it hard to put him above Hitler, Stalin, or Castro.

Sections
Shortcuts