Asked how education became "so mediocre," Missippi governor blames women.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Asked how education became

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

He pointing out the absolute fact that since this country has evolved (or regressed economically) to a point where parents feel it's necessary for both to work. We have a society in which the norm is mostly "latch key kids" which means less parental supervision after school.

You know exactly what he was referring to and that I am correct but, your ideological hatred drives you to the extreme virtually everytime doesnt it mr moderate!

Nice re-write lapdog. Unfortuantely for you he said nothing of the sort.

[/QUOTE]

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Great. Show a picture of a bald kid about to eat a bird.  Just great.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Your problem wiht this statement is?????

Oh, I get it.  It is not politically correct to raise your own children.

What does that have to do with the quality of education?

Is it any wonder then that the gop continues to lose women voters...?

Who should be more responsible for educating their children?  Parents, or teachers?

Sorry, but who is more reponsible for the education of their children? Mothers, or fathers? Or is it an equal sort of thing?

I'm fairly convinced it takes a village.

but, to be serious for a moment, both, though likely in different ways, depending on the specific situation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

I'm rubber your glue!

Good luck with puberty.

now roll over

Oh man. You'll just keep going until ignored, won't you?

Says the guy who keeps going. what a hypocritical dooshe

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

There was a time when women of the Greatest Generation not only worked, but raised their kids by themselves, in the midst of food and fuel rationing while the country waged two wars simultaneously.

Funny how the pathetic whacko wingnuts can't fathom the resolve and fortitude that those women had. Are you nimrods gonna blame those women too?

It's sad that the wingnuts have all turned into momma's boys who can't wipe their own backsides without a woman around.

These sad sacks speak of personal responsibility as if it only falls squarely on a woman's shoulders. It's probably best that these idiots don't raise children, their ignorance might rub off.

You have totally missed the point. I think you are driven by an extreme political point of view - that being you know you are full of it but youre going to persist anyway.

If you live in MA - did you vote for Elizabeth Warren? She wrote a book "blaming" women going to work for the financial squeeze families are in.

There is a fact that, at some point in time, women went into the work force. Because of that, certain things happened. Just because one makes the observation that because women went into the workforce something happened does not mean they are saying women are to blame. 

If a women wears a short skirt and gets raped, does that mean she is to be blamed for being raped? 

By your logic, I guess so. You seem to be "thinking" like a knuckle dragging neanderthal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

There was a time when women of the Greatest Generation not only worked, but raised their kids by themselves, in the midst of food and fuel rationing while the country waged two wars simultaneously.

Funny how the pathetic whacko wingnuts can't fathom the resolve and fortitude that those women had. Are you nimrods gonna blame those women too?

It's sad that the wingnuts have all turned into momma's boys who can't wipe their own backsides without a woman around.

These sad sacks speak of personal responsibility as if it only falls squarely on a woman's shoulders. It's probably best that these idiots don't raise children, their ignorance might rub off.

Why do you devalue women?  Must they work out of the home to be acceptable to you?  Is a mother who choses to stay at home worth less?  Seems like the progressives here are treating stay at home moms as second class citizens.

This is what I don't get about progressives:  Their illiberal and lack of tolerance towards anyone who choses not to follow their ideas.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Great. Show a picture of a bald kid about to eat a bird.  Just great.

skeeter is that what you see .... that is very telling ..... what I see is two of God's most wonderful creations being curious and allowed to satisfy that curiosity ...... you know don't you  that allowing and encouraging curiosity is one of the corner stone of education

btw it must be sad to see the world through your eyes

Semper Fi .

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Mmmpf. Insults and references to the vag!na is all you've got? At least I admit it when I'm wrong about something.

Oh ok, you attacked me for being right before you admitted doing what I said you were doing.

I respect your accountibility. I wish more people in the world had it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

The governor is, to say the least wrong, and his conclusion is idiotic at best.

My wife and I both work, and during the day our little one is at school.  She attends a school day extension program where the days lessons are covered again, and the kids have a chance to do their homework.  Even with that the first thing we have our child do when we all get home is pull out her homework and we review it with her.  We attend parent teacher conferences, provide her with books, read with her, and encourage her to read independently.  Now if every parent did just those things, kids would be much better off academically.  The problem is a lot of parents have no idea what their children are learning and only become aware of how they are doing when report cards come out.  The inattentiveness of many parents is not the sole fault of women, and working parents can be just as engaged as homemakers, but adults need to stop being so lazy and spend time everyday understanding what their kids are doing.  Its a half hour a day, minimum. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

The governor is, to say the least wrong, and his conclusion is idiotic at best.

My wife and I both work, and during the day our little one is at school.  She attends a school day extension program where the days lessons are covered again, and the kids have a chance to do their homework.  Even with that the first thing we have our child do when we all get home is pull out her homework and we review it with her.  We attend parent teacher conferences, provide her with books, read with her, and encourage her to read independently.  Now if every parent did just those things, kids would be much better off academically.  The problem is a lot of parents have no idea what their children are learning and only become aware of how they are doing when report cards come out.  The inattentiveness of many parents is not the sole fault of women, and working parents can be just as engaged as homemakers, but adults need to stop being so lazy and spend time everyday understanding what their kids are doing.  Its a half hour a day, minimum. 

it's already been discovered WDYWN jumped the gun a bit and was wrong about what this guy actually said. WDYWN did offer a mea culpa over it

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

You have to be kidding? Comparing the sacrifice of WW2 with the situation of the 60's and 70's where economic times and cultural changes took 1 parent out of the "running the house and family" and put both in the "being bread winners" catagory?

This is undeniable to anyone who is honest; when 1 parent and it doesnt matter man or woman (although it did happen to be mostly women due in part to wage earning potential at the time) that children received less parental supervision and due to that academics along with behavior in most cases suffered.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts