Balanced approach? Rigid Democrats refuse to consider any reform to entitlements

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Balanced approach? Rigid Democrats refuse to consider any reform to entitlements

Balanced approach, my foot. The ideologues of the Left want to spend us into oblivion. They want endless tax increases, unlimited spending, and not a penny trimmed for the out of control entitlement state. The dinosaur wasteful fraud-riddled Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid programs are their sacred cows....no reform allowed, off the fiscal cliff we go.

President Obama's supposed plans to trim spending are like a Bigfoot sighting....hard to verify it really existed...no proof, no details.

The clueless libs below want to "rely on economic growth" to solve fiscal problems...Good luck with that, after ruining economic growth with anti free market policies ...

POLITICO:

"One hundred and seven of the 200 House Democrats signed a letter to Obama threatening to vote “against any and every cut to Medicare, Medicaid or Social Security benefits — including raising the retirement age or cutting the cost of living adjustments that our constituents earned and need.”

Instead, they want the White House to “rely on economic growth and more fair revenue-raising policies to solve our fiscal problems,” like getting rid of subsidies for big businesses and raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

“I only know one thing: I’m against cutting Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid,” said Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), co-chairman of the Congressional Progressive Caucus in the House. “I don’t really care who is pushing it. It doesn’t matter who says it’s a good idea. It’s a bad idea.”

Ellison said the early resistance from House Democrats to cutting benefits was an indication “they won’t be able to do it.”

A second letter, spearheaded by Reps. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) and Mark Takano (D-Calif.) and supported by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, simply states they pledge to vote against any proposal they see as a benefit cut.

[And even a minor slowing of the runway train is considered a "cut"..never mind a real "cut".]

The letter has been signed by 25 other members of the Democratic Caucus.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Balanced approach? Rigid Democrats refuse to consider any reform to entitlements

In response to NO MO O's comment:

Is anyone surprised by the Nazis latest move... ?

None less so than Mr. Godwin.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Balanced approach? Rigid Democrats refuse to consider any reform to entitlements

Okay.. got my brown shirt and US authorized prayer rug... which way is east?  

Keep talking.  Idiotic statements like these insure the Democrats will prevail in the end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Ok, I'll ask.  How is SS and entitlement, other than the fact that I am entitled to what I've been paying into my whole life?

If the Nanny State had allowed you to keep the money you earned, then you would be entitled to invest it, spend it, do what you wished..

The Social Security tax is a tax, pure and simple. If you really believed your Government's promises that it was putting your money in a lockbox,  I have a bridge to sell you, the Zakim bridge.

Hardworking private sector suckers like us have been paying taxes all our lives, and don't get much in return.

Now public sector political hacks, they get a sweet retirement deal. Lifetime job security, no heavy lifting.....able to lecture the private sector as "greedy". Fat pension, fully paid for by the greedy private sector..right, Rueben?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Balanced approach, my foot. The ideologues of the Left want to spend us into oblivion. They want endless tax increases, unlimited spending, and not a penny trimmed for the out of control entitlement state. The dinosaur wasteful fraud-riddled Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid programs are their sacred cows....no reform allowed, off the fiscal cliff we go.

President Obama's supposed plans to trim spending are like a Bigfoot sighting....hard to verify it really existed...no proof, no details.

The clueless libs below want to "rely on economic growth" to solve fiscal problems...Good luck with that, after ruining economic growth with anti free market policies ...

POLITICO:

"One hundred and seven of the 200 House Democrats signed a letter to Obama threatening to vote “against any and every cut to Medicare, Medicaid or Social Security benefits — including raising the retirement age or cutting the cost of living adjustments that our constituents earned and need.”

Instead, they want the White House to “rely on economic growth and more fair revenue-raising policies to solve our fiscal problems,” like getting rid of subsidies for big businesses and raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

“I only know one thing: I’m against cutting Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid,” said Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), co-chairman of the Congressional Progressive Caucus in the House. “I don’t really care who is pushing it. It doesn’t matter who says it’s a good idea. It’s a bad idea.”

Ellison said the early resistance from House Democrats to cutting benefits was an indication “they won’t be able to do it.”

A second letter, spearheaded by Reps. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) and Mark Takano (D-Calif.) and supported by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, simply states they pledge to vote against any proposal they see as a benefit cut.

[And even a minor slowing of the runway train is considered a "cut"..never mind a real "cut".]

I really think we need fewer polticians, shorter sessions, and in general try to limit how much they "help" us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Ok, I'll ask.  How is SS and entitlement, other than the fact that I am entitled to what I've been paying into my whole life?

The answer is partially in your post.  you say you are "entitled" to it.  Sorry that you bought the government's line that you are entitled to it, but, even from a legal standpoint, you are not.  SCOTUS has affirmed more than once that the government is under no obligation to provide you Social Security befefits at all, or can change payout amounts and trigger ages completely at will. 

Look, we all paid in, continue to pay in.  But, the reality is that the money we paid in was a) paid out to current recipients, and b) given to the government to pay for unrelated programs.  in a real dollars and cents way, the money you (and I) put in is gone.

Add to that that we are talking about raising the age, getting younger people totally out of the program.  Why?  Because it is failed program.  2012, social security had about a 48 billion dollar shortfall in terms of obligated payouts.  that number is only going to grow, exerting tremendous pressure on the deficit year in/year out. 

The political reality is that the politicians are scrambling to keep everyone over the age of 55 tied to the program, because if they didn't there would be a revolt.

The actual reality is that Social Security is broke.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Br'er Crankup everytime you start a discussion it's..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJdWPSwSOLw

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Okay.. got my brown shirt and US authorized prayer rug... which way is east?  

Keep talking.  Idiotic statements like these insure the Democrats will prevail in the end.

Get off computers on a school system to spread your own vested interests or is that a union or state worker perk?

I am so sorry you are unemployed.  Keep looking though, something will come your way.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

POLITICO:

CLC, what are our grandparents supposed to do if they have to go without medicare and social security?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

If people elected to privately invest their social security ducats, then shouldn't they have to pay taxes on their IRA contributions?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

POLITICO:

CLC, what are our grandparents supposed to do if they have to go without medicare and social security?  

Reform these programs, or there wont be any medicare or social security left...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Reform these programs, or there wont be any medicare or social security left...

Except that gopers don't want to reform these programs.  They want to make money off of them.

Same as with predatory mortgages, credit default swaps, LIBOR, etc.

Because what good is a program to help the needy if there is no opportunity to skim off the top?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

24. This post has been removed.