Barrys power corrupts.. absolutely ! He's losing HIS mind.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Barrys power corrupts.. absolutely ! He's losing HIS mind.

You won't see me defending the president and AG on this.

I can not wrap my mind around how we can say with a straight face that it is OK to have one standard of fairness and justice for US citizens, and another, lesser standard for everyone else.

What if another country wants to kill its citizens who live in the U.S., ones who are conidered a threat to their home country?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

Re: Barrys power corrupts.. absolutely !

While it is true that there have been more drone strikes under Obama the fact remains that these strikes were started under  Bush.   They were part of his covert wars in Yemen, Pakistan, and Somalia.  Significantly, there wasn't a word of criticism from the right wing when this happened and no one dared to say he was losing his mind when he did it.

It will also be remembered that Bush did nothing to kill OBL.  By contrast, Obama's strikes did kill him and reduced al-Qaeda's attacks on the USA.

When Bush started his war anyone who dared to dissent was called a traitor by the right wing.  Today those same right wingers are criticizing Obama for continuing the war they used to praise.   Neither war was necessary and were only created to generate profits for the wealthy such as Haliburton and others.   I criticized both under Bush and do the same under Obama. That's as fair and balanced as you can get.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to portfilio's comment:

While it is true that there have been more drone strikes under Obama the fact remains that these strikes were started under  Bush.   They were part of his covert wars in Yemen, Pakistan, and Somalia.  Significantly, there wasn't a word of criticism from the right wing when this happened and no one dared to say he was losing his mind when he did it.

It will also be remembered that Bush did nothing to kill OBL.  By contrast, Obama's strikes did kill him and reduced al-Qaeda's attacks on the USA.

When Bush started his war anyone who dared to dissent was called a traitor by the right wing.  Today those same right wingers are criticizing Obama for continuing the war they used to praise.   Neither war was necessary and were only created to generate profits for the wealthy such as Haliburton and others.   I criticized both under Bush and do the same under Obama. That's as fair and balanced as you can get.

Bush did nothing to try to kill OBL?

you are living in fantasy land.  You do know that ALL the intelligence that led to killing OBL came from the Bush years?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to portfilio's comment:

Neither war was necessary and were only created to generate profits for the wealthy such as Haliburton and others.

I rather thing Afghanistan was created and made necessary by Al Queda when they killed 4,000 Americans.

Iraq? No, not necessary. Though a pretty strong case could have been made for it as a humanitarian prevent-future-genoicdes angle. Though it would be a couple decades late To bad they chose to run with the more provocative "WMDs!" and then screw up prosecution of the war so completely.

But calling the war in Afghanistan a conspiracy to make Halliburton profits? That's pretty sick.

''Though a pretty strong case could have been made for it as a humanitarian prevent-future-genoicdes angle.''

When members of the Iraqi national soccer team were asked what they thought of Bush every last one said he can go to hell.

There is nothing in the UN Charter or other international law which says invading a country for what may happen in the future is legal. See the Downing Street Memo which clearly reveals that Bush made his invasion because he  wanted the oil there. Killing people under false pretexts is sick as is those who defend such wars.

As for Afghanistan, the Taliban did not attack the USA, al-Qaeda did.  Once its strongholds were captured there was no further excuse for perpetuating that war.  If the profiteers had to pay an excess profits tax, would the wars be continued?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Bush did nothing to try to kill OBL? you are living in fantasy land.  You do know that ALL the intelligence that led to killing OBL came from the Bush years?

Bush himself said he no longer even thinks of OBL.  All the info  used to kill him was gathered under Obama.  Having said that, now that he's dead, it's time to leave that country.  Let Afghanis decide their own fate.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Americans wanted Obama as president knowing who he is and they got him.....

Let the carnage continue....I'll be fine...I don't care anymore..a great nation is lost, get use to our best days being behind us and move on.....