Biden: More Taxes = Patriotism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/18/biden-wealthy-americans-must-pay-more-taxes-to-show-patriotism/

What Country does this guy think he's in ?

Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden says that paying higher taxes is the patriotic thing to do for wealthier Americans.

Biden says he and Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama want to “take money and put it back in the pocket of middle-class people.”

Under the Democrats’ economic plan, people earning more than $250,000 a year would pay more in taxes while those earning less — the vast majority of American taxpayers — would receive a tax cut.

Biden told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Thursday that, in his words, “it’s time to be patriotic … time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

FYI....the Patriot Biden gave a whopping $900 to charity last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"Under the Democrats’ economic plan, people earning more than $250,000 a year would pay more in taxes while those earning less — the vast majority of American taxpayers — would receive a tax cut."

When is a "tax cut" not a "tax cut" ?

When the recipient is paying ZERO taxes. The recipients of a huge chunk of these "tax cuts" are those who currently pay NO taxes.
    If you desire to increase social programs and welfare payments, just say so. Don't dissemble by calling it a tax cut.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

I think Biden thinks he is in America. It used to be considered Patriotic to pay taxes, especially in a time of War.
    http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/09/18/taxes-as-patriotism-not-a-goofy-idea.aspx

Of course now the wealthy don't think they should have to pay taxes at all, so they rewrite the Corp tax code with their lobbyists to avoid as many taxes as they can. They out for themselves and theirselves only. Doesn't seem very patriotic to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

[Quote]I think Biden thinks he is in America. It used to be considered Patriotic to pay taxes, especially in a time of War.
    http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/09/18/taxes-as-patriotism-not-a-goofy-idea.aspx

Of course now the wealthy don't think they should have to pay taxes at all, so they rewrite the Corp tax code with their lobbyists to avoid as many taxes as they can. They out for themselves and theirselves only. Doesn't seem very patriotic to me.[/Quote]

I'm curious....do you not write ANYTHING off in order to try and pay less taxes on your returns? Do you offer to pay MORE on your tax return? There is an option to do so. Thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow97. Show heynow97's posts

70% of tax revenues comes from the top 10% of wage earners. The bottom 50% wage earners pays less than 3%.

Joe Biden thinks individuals in the top 10% are unpatriotic if they have a problem with more taxation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ps2man. Show ps2man's posts

Obama & Biden =Enemies of the Constitution.

Thomas Jefferson would slap Biden if he could hear that one

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedlicious. Show tedlicious's posts

OBAMA bin BIDEN are out there saying: "tax cut for 95%" and "raise taxes on the wealthy(LOL) that make 250k". Well, if you make 250k you`re actually in the top 2%. So, if the math is correct, that leaves 3% out there that OBAMA bin BIDEN are NOT addressing. Those would be the earners in the Top 3,4,and 5%, and a top 5% earner is at approximately 150k. The 150k guy doesn`t get a cut??? Does he get his taxes raised???

I love the way OBAMA bin BIDEN can spew "tax-cuts for 95%", "burden on the middle-class", "repeal the Bush tax-cuts for the wealthy",......and nobody ever asks for a definition!!!!

BTW, since when is 250k "wealthy"?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bevumass. Show bevumass's posts

Listen, no one likes parting with their money. Seen as how our taxes are a percentage of our income, inevitably, the wealthy will have to pay more. It's not pleasant, but at the end of the day, they're still wealthy.

Also, the only increase in Obama's tax plan would be that on those earning $600,00 (+) per year.

I don't know your financial status, but the middle and lower classes make out with Obama's tax plan.

I hate to bring this up, but the current economic crisis that we're in is laregly due to the dysregulation of coporate financial matters by the current administration. So, McCain is to blame for the tax hike we're going to experience b/c the taxpayers will eventually be picking up the tab for this mess.

You can read more at http://www.democraddicts.com

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitkat100. Show kitkat100's posts

[Quote]OBAMA bin BIDEN are out there saying: "tax cut for 95%" and "raise taxes on the wealthy(LOL) that make 250k". Well, if you make 250k you`re actually in the top 2%. So, if the math is correct, that leaves 3% out there that OBAMA bin BIDEN are NOT addressing. Those would be the earners in the Top 3,4,and 5%, and a top 5% earner is at approximately 150k. The 150k guy doesn`t get a cut??? Does he get his taxes raised???

I love the way OBAMA bin BIDEN can spew "tax-cuts for 95%", "burden on the middle-class", "repeal the Bush tax-cuts for the wealthy",......and nobody ever asks for a definition!!!!

BTW, since when is 250k "wealthy"?[/Quote]

Careful, some of the nitwits like Mattyhorn-2 might mistake you for being elitist for your last statement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcgons19. Show mcgons19's posts

What is particularly funny is that most of the people railing against Obama raising taxes wouldn't be impacted by it at all, they would actually benefit.

Of course knowing that would require doing some research and not believing every sound byte you are spoonfed, which is of course asking too much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]

"Under the Democrats’ economic plan, people earning more than $250,000 a year would pay more in taxes while those earning less — the vast majority of American taxpayers — would receive a tax cut."

When is a "tax cut" not a "tax cut" ?

When the recipient is paying ZERO taxes. The recipients of a huge chunk of these "tax cuts" are those who currently pay NO taxes.
    If you desire to increase social programs and welfare payments, just say so. Don't dissemble by calling it a tax cut.

[/Quote]

Of course nobody pays 0 taxes. Some people might pay 0 income taxes, because they don't make much money, but everyone pays taxes one way or another.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedlicious. Show tedlicious's posts

"Also, the only increase in Obama's tax plan would be that on those earning $600,00 (+) per year.

I don't know your financial status, but the middle and lower classes make out with Obama's tax plan."

But that`s not what he`s saying. He ia actually saying $250k and up. How do the middle and lower class "make out"? What is the middle and lower class?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedlicious. Show tedlicious's posts

"Those making 162,000 to 384,000(95 to 99th percentile) have paid 18.5%"

Wrong! 153,542k puts you in the Top 5%. That is not "wealthy".
    It is also NOT what Obama is saying.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]
    Careful, some of the nitwits like Mattyhorn-2 might mistake you for being elitist for your last statement.[/Quote]

Hey, !$%# you, budd-eh!

Just because I pointed out the idiocy of your logic - don't take it so personally as to diss me to others. Either say it to me or keep it to yourself.

dou(c)he.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]

I'm curious....do you not write ANYTHING off in order to try and pay less taxes on your returns? Do you offer to pay MORE on your tax return? There is an option to do so. Thanks![/Quote]

I take all the legal deductions that they offer me to take, and no, I don't offer to pay more then I have to, that would be stupid. Tax rates and the tax code would not work if taxes were paid on a voluntary basis.
    However, I have never hired a lobbyist or group of lobbyists to lobby Congress for changes in the tax code that would benefit me. I have never hired a PR firm to wage a massive PR campaign to rename the Estate Tax the "Death Tax" and mislead people into thining that this is an awful tax that effects everyone when in fact it only taxes the earnings on the very wealthy. I have never established an LLC in the Cayman islands, despite not doing any business there, with the sole purpose of hiding my tax liability. I have never had my compensation intentionally designed as questionable options rather then income so that I could pay at much lower tax rate. Nor have I ever used a any type of tax shelter, whether it be legal, quasi-legal, or outright illegal to hide my past or future income so that I don't have to pay taxes on it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]"Those making 162,000 to 384,000(95 to 99th percentile) have paid 18.5%"

Wrong! 153,542k puts you in the Top 5%. That is not "wealthy".
    It is also NOT what Obama is saying.[/Quote]

According to Tax data collected for the last several years, those making 162,000 and above were in the top 5% of income earners, but I'm not going to quibble over 9 G's or so. Also, while Obama wants to raise taxes on the top 5%, that might mean a little higher then 162K because the incomes for the top 5% have been rising so rapidly. I won't get into a debate about what "wealthy" means. I'm not quite so lucky to make 150K, although I do rather well and I'm not struggling by any means. I do have a friend who runs his own business who makes around 150K a year, and besides his Boston area home he has a vacation home in Maine. I've never asked him if he feels "wealthy" but he seems to be doing quite well. If you are making $150,000 and can't seem to get by maybe you need a better accountant.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]

Here`s the other problem: You are saying that income between 45k and 80k is middle-class???
    In my town, a family of 4 making $78,644 qualifies for fuel assistance and the kids qualify for free school breakfast.
    Hate to break it to you matt,.......that ain`t middle-class.

I think Obama`s problem is, he has NO IDEA what people are earning, who is wealthy, who is middle-class, and/or who really needs their tax money in their pocket.
    I say this over and over again, you can hate Bush but, one thing he got right is , EVERYBODY that pays taxes got a tax cut, and McCain-Palin need to make those cuts permanent.[/Quote]

Median Income in this country is around 45K, and as I said in my post, people making 45-80k per year are in the 60th to 80th percentile of earners. That is the very definition of Middle Class, and as you noted, even the Middle Class can still struggle to get by. You unwittingly just provided the rationale for the Obama\Biden tax plan. Congrats!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

[Quote]

Biden says he and Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama want to “take money and put it back in the pocket of middle-class people.”

Bill Clinton said the same thing in 92.

Guess what?

[/Quote]

Clinton oversaw the largest economic growth in US History? More people moved out of poverty and into the middle class? The highest rate of upward mobility since the great depression... those are just a couple of guesses.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]Of course now the wealthy don't think they should have to pay taxes at all
    --------------

This explains why they pay 70% of the taxes, of course!

"Now" - thats funny!

Lets see, which president gave the top 1% the largest tax cut in history?

Hint: 1962[/Quote]

Wait, Kennedy gave the largest tax cut to the top % in History! That is unpossible, he's a Democrat and everyone knows that Democrats always raise taxes! Me confused.

Greggy, you figure out the difference between share of total taxes paid and the tax rates that people pay yet, or do I have to map it out for you in crayon?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natural. Show natural's posts

More Spending + Less Taxes -> Repubes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]OBAMA bin BIDEN are out there saying: "tax cut for 95%" and "raise taxes on the wealthy(LOL) that make 250k". Well, if you make 250k you`re actually in the top 2%. So, if the math is correct, that leaves 3% out there that OBAMA bin BIDEN are NOT addressing. Those would be the earners in the Top 3,4,and 5%, and a top 5% earner is at approximately 150k. The 150k guy doesn`t get a cut??? Does he get his taxes raised???

To answer your question, no. the Bottom 95% of people get a tax cut, The 95th to 98% neither get a tax cut nor do they get their taxes rasied. The top 2% get their taxes raised. I really don't understand what is so complicated about this.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

[Quote]

According to Tax data collected for the last several years, those making 162,000 and above were in the top 5% of income earners, but I'm not going to quibble over 9 G's or so. Also, while Obama wants to raise taxes on the top 5%, that might mean a little higher then 162K because the incomes for the top 5% have been rising so rapidly. I won't get into a debate about what "wealthy" means. I'm not quite so lucky to make 150K, although I do rather well and I'm not struggling by any means. I do have a friend who runs his own business who makes around 150K a year, and besides his Boston area home he has a vacation home in Maine. I've never asked him if he feels "wealthy" but he seems to be doing quite well. If you are making $150,000 and can't seem to get by maybe you need a better accountant.[/Quote]

Just want to clarify this last post, I wrote it too fast. Obama does not plan to raise taxes on the top 5%, only the top 2%

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedlicious. Show tedlicious's posts

[Quote]

Median Income in this country is around 45K, and as I said in my post, people making 45-80k per year are in the 60th to 80th percentile of earners. That is the very definition of Middle Class, and as you noted, even the Middle Class can still struggle to get by. You unwittingly just provided the rationale for the Obama\Biden tax plan. Congrats![/Quote]

Nice try matt. Fuel assistance and a school food program are NOT middle-class. 45k is working poor. EVERYONE that pays taxes should get a cut. That is what OBAMA bin BIDEN doesn`t get.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedlicious. Show tedlicious's posts

[Quote]

According to Tax data collected for the last several years, those making 162,000 and above were in the top 5% of income earners, but I'm not going to quibble over 9 G's or so. Also, while Obama wants to raise taxes on the top 5%, that might mean a little higher then 162K because the incomes for the top 5% have been rising so rapidly. I won't get into a debate about what "wealthy" means. I'm not quite so lucky to make 150K, although I do rather well and I'm not struggling by any means. I do have a friend who runs his own business who makes around 150K a year, and besides his Boston area home he has a vacation home in Maine. I've never asked him if he feels "wealthy" but he seems to be doing quite well. If you are making $150,000 and can't seem to get by maybe you need a better accountant.[/Quote]

You speak like a dope. 150k means you bring home about 80k. Try paying 45k of that (cash) right off the top to 2 tuitions. Now you`re down to 35k, take 1500 per month for house, thats 18k. 500 per month for car. Now down to 12k. Take insurance, heat, electric, cable,etc.........and at some point add-in food, and guess what? You`re out of money.

Nobody making 150k has 2 houses (unless a rich parent gave it to them). Either you`re a liar or your friend is.