Biden strikes back? -2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Biden strikes back? -2011

To illustrate his emphasis on personality as a factor in foreign affairs, Biden recalled visiting Putin at the Kremlin in 2011: “I had an interpreter, and when he was showing me his office I said, ‘It’s amazing what capitalism will do, won’t it? A magnificent office!’ And he laughed. As I turned, I was this close to him.” Biden held his hand a few inches from his nose. “I said, ‘Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.’ ”

“You said that?” I asked. It sounded like a movie line.

“Absolutely, positively,” Biden said, and continued, “And he looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, ‘We understand one another.’ ” Biden sat back, and said, “This is who this guy is!”

(Quoting Evan Osnos profile of Biden)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/07/23/this_joe_biden_quote_may_reveal_how_much_the_white_house_obscures_the_truth.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Biden strikes back? -2011

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

To illustrate his emphasis on personality as a factor in foreign affairs, Biden recalled visiting Putin at the Kremlin in 2011: “I had an interpreter, and when he was showing me his office I said, ‘It’s amazing what capitalism will do, won’t it? A magnificent office!’ And he laughed. As I turned, I was this close to him.” Biden held his hand a few inches from his nose. “I said, ‘Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.’ ”

“You said that?” I asked. It sounded like a movie line.

“Absolutely, positively,” Biden said, and continued, “And he looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, ‘We understand one another.’ ” Biden sat back, and said, “This is who this guy is!”

(Quoting Evan Osnos profile of Biden)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/07/23/this_joe_biden_quote_may_reveal_how_much_the_white_house_obscures_the_truth.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/07/23/this_joe_biden_quote_may_reveal_how_much_the_white_house_obscures_the_truth.html

Just one of the reasons why I love Joe Biden. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Assuming that the comment was true (did anyone overhear it?) I'm left wondering if Biden was secretly agreeing with Romney's assessment of Putin back when President Obama was snarking at him during the debates.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I'm left wondering if Biden was secretly agreeing with Romney's assessment of Putin back when President Obama was snarking at him during the debates.

If souls exist and a country's leader lacks one, does that make that country our greatest geopolitical threat?

Russia is Eastern Europe's greatest geopolitical threat. The U.S.? Perhaps not. I think we have to worry about China. The thing that mainly worries me about Russia is their decaying nuke systems, and the possibility of a stolen weapon or accidental firing.

(Then again, we almost potentially caused WWIII by accidentally dropping two live nukes over NC in the 60s. Fortunately neither detonated).

Sections
Shortcuts