Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pmack9. Show Pmack9's posts

Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters

So by uninformed, you're referring to those of us who recognize that: 

1. TARP was passed under the Bush Administration, not Obama's, and is largely being paid back, with interest. 

2. Half of the $700 billion stimulus was a tax cut, and of the other half that was spent, the eventual cost to taxpayers will be about $120-150 billion. 

3. The auto-industry bailout for all intents and purposes succeeded and likely saved over a million jobs. 

4. That credit card reform and financial regulation reform strengthens our economy by helping to minimize the chance that the catastrophes that brought about this recent financial collapse will occur again. 

5. To call the health reform bill a "government takeover" is a ludicrous, if not dangerous, hyperbole. . . 

And so on. 

The original tea party was as much angry mob as it was principled revolution. Same goes for today. Good for some Massachusetts voters for not getting caught up in the hysteria. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters

In Response to Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters:
    So by uninformed, you're referring to those of us who recognize that:  1. TARP was passed under the Bush Administration, not Obama's, and is largely being paid back, with interest.  2. Half of the $700 billion stimulus was a tax cut, and of the other half that was spent, the eventual cost to taxpayers will be about $120-150 billion.  3. The auto-industry bailout for all intents and purposes succeeded and likely saved over a million jobs.  4. That credit card reform and financial regulation reform strengthens our economy by helping to minimize the chance that the catastrophes that brought about this recent financial collapse will occur again.  5. To call the health reform bill a "government takeover" is a ludicrous, if not dangerous, hyperbole. . .  And so on.  The original tea party was as much angry mob as it was principled revolution. Same goes for today. Good for some Massachusetts voters for not getting caught up in the hysteria. 
    Posted by Pmack9

===========================================================

AMEN BROTHER! WELL STATED!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

JMEL....

How is it that you haven't yet drown in your own ingnorance?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

eh, jmel, youre a dopey loser blaming your failures on everyone else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

In Response to Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters:
    In Response to Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters : Name one!   Name one state that sent it`s ENTIRE Congressional representation back to Washington all Democrats?
    Posted by jmel

Now you are shifting the goal post. I don't know if any coted all for dems, but several states still held democrat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters : Hey Do ooo sh bag,......it`s a million dollar-plus property in an ocean-side community that I`ve owned outright since 1990.  There are 5 others in the same area with the same problem and we ALL have lowered pricing considerably and finally stopped because the next (only) option is to literally give them away.  If you`re in RE as you claim,...........you should know better than anyone how bad things are in your ridiculous state. I would never use bankruptcy as an option.  I pay my bills and take responsibility for my actions.  Dumb-o-rats file and have the gub`ment take care of them so they can start over and ruin more lives.  Why do you think we`re in the mess we are in?,........Dumb-a$$ democrats, like you.
    Posted by jmel

Suks for you.  No ones buyin even your crappy ocean (non)side second home in this economy. Smart guy didnt think ahead ..I suppose.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

In Response to Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters : No it isn`t.  You need to get out more.  You fail to address 21,000 jobs GONE last month.  The largest exodus in the country (par with California).
    Posted by jmel

Umm, yes it is Jmel. There is pretty strong consensus on that. You are the one who needs to get out more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

So by uninformed, you're referring to those of us who recognize that:  1. TARP was passed under the Bush Administration, not Obama's, and is largely being paid back, with interest.  2. Half of the $700 billion stimulus was a tax cut, and of the other half that was spent, the eventual cost to taxpayers will be about $120-150 billion.  3. The auto-industry bailout for all intents and purposes succeeded and likely saved over a million jobs.  4. That credit card reform and financial regulation reform strengthens our economy by helping to minimize the chance that the catastrophes that brought about this recent financial collapse will occur again.  5. To call the health reform bill a "government takeover" is a ludicrous, if not dangerous, hyperbole. . .  And so on.  The original tea party was as much angry mob as it was principled revolution. Same goes for today. Good for some Massachusetts voters for not getting caught up in the hysteria. 
    Posted by Pmack9

OK.  So, the government Bush/Obama did these things.  I see two questions here:  Is it the imperative of the government to save private enterprise, and what are the impacts, and Had the government let the market take its course, would we be better or worse off?

My take is that the latter would have produced a better long term outcome.  The former, well, maybe a better short term outcome, but it has lasting negative effects, such as changing the risk/reward character of investing.  In other words, if you are in tight with the government, your risk drops to zero, at the expense of taxpayers.  Nice work if you can get it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters : OK.  So, the government Bush/Obama did these things.  I see two questions here:  Is it the imperative of the government to save private enterprise, and what are the impacts, and Had the government let the market take its course, would we be better or worse off? My take is that the latter would have produced a better long term outcome.  The former, well, maybe a better short term outcome, but it has lasting negative effects, such as changing the risk/reward character of investing.  In other words, if you are in tight with the government, your risk drops to zero, at the expense of taxpayers.  Nice work if you can get it.
    Posted by skeeter20

Skeets: I will give you credit for stating a legitimate conservative point of view on the connection of politics and economics free of all the unnecessary hyperbole that is often attached to it.  There are certainly costs and benefits for both approaches. Bush/Obama get blamed for not doing enough to right the economy but, can you imagine if they had done nothing?  A deepening recession. companies going belly up, and increasing unemployment is simply an impossible situation for modern government to resist doing "something".  Hooverism is dead, politically if not economically. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

In Response to Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters : Probably cuz I moved from the stupid state you live in.  I`m not influenced by the morons from Mass anymore.
    Posted by jmel

Which stupid state do you live in now?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumCleaner. Show ForumCleaner's posts

In Response to Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters : Since when is living in a state that "gets it" and fixed themselves last Tuesday a "failure"?
    Posted by jmel

Did your state outperform mass during the recession?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Little Green Space Aliens, Intelligent-Informed-Massachusetts Voters : Great question.........I don`t know.  Housing has been strong (both starts and existing) Employment,.....I don`t know, will check.
    Posted by jmel

Why dont you tell us what state so we can check for ourselves. After all, your reputation for telling the truth is well....lets just say questionable.

Dont worry little fella, no ones comin after you, in fact I bet more people prefer to stay away so you can crawl out from under your bed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts