Black Friday numbers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Black Friday numbers

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The population of the US is just north of 300 million.   Now who believes that 250 million, or 80% of every breathing man, woman and child in the country went shopping on Friday?

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe it. Not even for one millisecond. Nothing but manufactured hype to get people to trample over each other to purchase something that can be purchased any other day of the year...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I am guessing those numbers do not and are not supposed to represent unique shoppers.   In other words many people went out and hit several stores over the weekend, so the same woman hitting up Macy's, Kohls, and Best Buy on Friday and then 5 more stores on Saturday and Sunday is being counted as 8 shoppers since she visited 8 stores. 

But given these are lobbying figures I am sure the estimate is based off a sampling of some stores and then generous extrapolations are made to arrive at their final number. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am guessing those numbers do not and are not supposed to represent unique shoppers.   In other words many people went out and hit several stores over the weekend, so the same woman hitting up Macy's, Kohls, and Best Buy on Friday and then 5 more stores on Saturday and Sunday is being counted as 8 shoppers since she visited 8 stores. 

But given these are lobbying figures I am sure the estimate is based off a sampling of some stores and then generous extrapolations are made to arrive at their final number. 

[/QUOTE]

Good guess, but thats some funky a55 extrapolition

"A record 247 million shoppers visited stores ..."

[/QUOTE]

They definitely guessed, it appears that the number they posted is based on a survey of 4000 people.