Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands

Afghan Mob Kills 10 United Nations Workers

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/world/asia/02afghanistan.html?_r=2

KABUL, Afghanistan — Protesters angered by the burning of a Koran by a fringe American pastor in Florida mobbed offices of the United Nations in northern Afghanistan on Friday, killing ten foreign staff members and beheading two of the victims, according to an Afghan police spokesman. Five Afghans were also killed.

Mr. Ahmadzai, the police spokesman, said the crowd was angry about the burning of the Koran after a mock trial overseen by Pastor Terry Jones on Mar. 20. Mr. Jones had caused an international uproar by threatening to burn the Koran last Sept. 11, and demonstrations at the time led to deaths throughout Afghanistan, but on a small scale. Mr. Jones subsequently had publicly promised not to burn a Koran, but then went ahead last month, after holding a mock trial of the Koran at his fringe church in Gainesville, Fla.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands

But these are our Mulsim brothers... people of love.  

Perfectly LOGICAL of these Allah fearing people to KILL UN officials because of one fringe American pastor. There's justice for ya.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

The pastor is an idiot and should see that he has facilitated this with his behavior.

However, the perpetrators are solely responsible for the murders not the pastor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

The backlash was very predictable, and now 10 innocent people are dead, including 2 that had their heads lopped off.

Its not right on so many levels.  Jones is a disgrace.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Sad commentary for a religion of peace.  What is it about Muslims that can twist a religion into outrageous acts of violence.  Yes this happens in all religions, but not to the extent that it does in the name of Islam.

The wing nut pastor, had every right to do what he did no matter how senseless and wrong it was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands : So you would blame the hippie! Any other types of free speech you want to ban because of ja-ck offs half way around the world? Please specify
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

No reason to have level handed logic sway any part of this conversation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands : So you would blame the hippie! Any other types of free speech you want to ban because of ja-ck offs half way around the world? Please specify

Greg....I said nothing of banning free speech.  He had every right to burn a Koran. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands : Ah, he's just responsible for killing 10 people.  My bad. Yikes

Wrong again.  I didn't say he was resposible for the killings (and its 12 now).  Just sayin he has blood on his hands (an expression) since he's the one that threw the rock at the hornet's nest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands : Wrong again.  I didn't say he was resposible for the killings (and its 12 now).  Just sayin he has blood on his hands (an expression) since he's the one that threw the rock at the hornet's nest.
    Posted by ThinkSnow99[/QUOTE]

But people are not hornets.  This is not like when a man directly incites a crowd to do violence who is legally responsible for the result.  But there is certainly moral responsibility. The Pastor's mindset has more in common with the crowd than with the victims.  Zealots are dangerous. He probably hoped for this reaction.  Disgusting all the way around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Nothing but questions without opine

Even if his actions are completely within the law?
    Who's laws are applied here?
    Is there any chance that the killers if found will ever be punished?
    We (Americans) can burn our own flag, the Bible, people in effigy but not the Koran?
    Who is more unbalanced, the pastor or the Muslims who kill and promote killing?
    Which is more civilized?

You are correct, the mindset of the pastor appears to be close to the mindset of the killers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

religion svcks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Every society has its extremists.  Why should America be any different?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[QUOTE]Every society has its extremists.  Why should America be any different?
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Progressives and the 'we are as bad as they are',  'moral equivalency' excuse : a match made in heaven (can we say heaven, or will fanatics somewhere in the world riot?) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands : Progressives and the 'we are as bad as they are',  'moral equivalency' excuse : a match made in heaven (can we say heaven, or will fanatics somewhere in the world riot?) 
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

bobin = extremist exhibit A

We put up with the likes of you, don't we...?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

So the Ragin Muslim fanatic is my moral equivalent twin?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands : Throwing rocks at hornets nests is an American tradition.  That whole freedom to assemble and redress of grievances thing. You've never answered my question.  Do you blame the flag burner whom the right wing dick kills, or he and his dead friends too? If it makes it simpler.  Should Americans refrain from defiant acts, because some idiots in Asia might get mad? Pick one. Hell, ya don't have to go half way around the world to "foresee", that one. Right? Get on board man.  Its your cocept!

Greg...I don't like your analogy but i'll answer.  I would not blame the flag burner, which I guess is inconsistent with my position.  

I really just wanted to make the point that Jones is a P-O-S and didn't have to do what he did to impress his 7 followers.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]So the Ragin Muslim fanatic is my moral equivalent twin?
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

Do you ever see the other side of the argument?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

I have to disagree with some of you.  If we accept that certain rules apply to certain religions (ie, no cartoons about Mohammed, or no burning of a koran) then we are accepting that the threats are reasonable.

IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO KILL BECAUSE SOMEONE BURNED A BOOK.

While I think the pastor is an idiot, I kinda understand what he is doing.  He is pointing out the evil within that religion.

But in no way is he responsible for the killings.  It is not a rational response to kill for his actions.

We need to address the Muslims and make them understand that killing people for drawing Mohammed is not reasonable.  Nor is it reasonable for burning the Koran.

Not everyone is subject to the rules of this religion. 

And in the reverse, if a Catholic priest went on a killing spree because someone burned the bible, you all would call the priest a nut, and in no way blame the person who burned the bible.

We need to address this on a world level asap. 

I kinda liked Michael Grahams "Draw Mohammed Day".

We need to put our foot down on this, otherwise it will eventually become an accepted response.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]I have to disagree with some of you.  If we accept that certain rules apply to certain religions (ie, no cartoons about Mohammed, or no burning of a koran) then we are accepting that the threats are reasonable. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO KILL BECAUSE SOMEONE BURNED A BOOK. While I think the pastor is an idiot, I kinda understand what he is doing.  He is pointing out the evil within that religion. But in no way is he responsible for the killings.  It is not a rational response to kill for his actions. We need to address the Muslims and make them understand that killing people for drawing Mohammed is not reasonable.  Nor is it reasonable for burning the Koran. Not everyone is subject to the rules of this religion.  And in the reverse, if a Catholic priest went on a killing spree because someone burned the bible, you all would call the priest a nut, and in no way blame the person who burned the bible. We need to address this on a world level asap.  I kinda liked Michael Grahams "Draw Mohammed Day". We need to put our foot down on this, otherwise it will eventually become an accepted response.   
    Posted by whatnow4[/QUOTE]

He is pointing out the "evil" within that religion (Islam)?  Unless you believe that all religions bear some evil within them, what you are saying is quite simply prejudice.  These people in Afghanistan are Medieval in their outlook.  That is the result far more of socio-econoimic factors than religious ones.  Europe in the Middle Ages saw witch hysteria and anti-Jewish pogroms all related to the Christian Church to a degree, but were far more a result of the limitations within that society in its approach to individual rights and scientific knowledge.  The Pastor is truly evil because he is Medieval too and he lives in a modern 21st Century state.  Care to say that his religion is "evil" because of his actions??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

ain't religion great

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Just because we have rights dont mean we arent responsible when we abuse those rights like that nut that burned the Quran did. Any person with half a brain knew no good would come out of it and he does have blood on his hands . Wanting to let this guy hide behind his rights that he abused isnt being a protector of those rights. It demeans every American that treasures them and it disrespects the ones who fought and died for them. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]ain't religion great
    Posted by lawboy[/QUOTE]

I can do without it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Reuben, I do believe there is evil in every religion.

I think it is more prevalent in the Muslim religion.  I include in my definition all injustices, including their treatment of women.

And burning a book is a right and cannot be abused.  We all have the right to burn any book we want.  To argue this was an "abuse" and therefore the pastors fault, just doesn't add up for me. 

Drawing Mohammed is not an abuse either.  People who do not follow that religion should not be subject to the rules of that religion. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

People who do not follow that religion should not be subject to the rules of that religion. 

Somebody better tell the right wing nuts in  congress because they want laws based only on christain rules.

Sections
Shortcuts