Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands

In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands:
    [QUOTE]Reuben, I do believe there is evil in every religion. I think it is more prevalent in the Muslim religion.  I include in my definition all injustices, including their treatment of women. And burning a book is a right and cannot be abused.  We all have the right to burn any book we want.  To argue this was an "abuse" and therefore the pastors fault, just doesn't add up for me.  Drawing Mohammed is not an abuse either.  People who do not follow that religion should not be subject to the rules of that religion. 
    Posted by whatnow4[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification.  You may be right to a certain extent since zealots of all the Abrahamic religions have perpetrated evil actions while supposedly embracing their creed.  I don't think Islam is any worse in this regard it just has more zealots currently.  But you may change your evil in religion thesis if you look to Buddhism.  It is a bit more flexible about the "truth" as it does not have a diety that supposedly created a dogma for its followers.  And it is pretty passive when it comes to dealing with the world.  "Compassion to all living things" is a motto hard to warp into violence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Agreed re: Buddhism.  They seem very passive, except the occasional self inflicted burning.  Or is that Hindus? 

And BeTool, another great reply.  Keep this up and you will scare all the righties off the board with your grasp of the facts and reality.

Ya buddy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

This reaction by the Muslims in Pakistan is why that country will never be taken seriously. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

The backlash was very predictable, and now 10 innocent people are dead, including 2 that had their heads lopped off.

Its not right on so many levels.  Jones is a disgrace.

Wait...what? Jones is a disgrace? Not the people who did the killing but Jones eh? Wow...not even going to pretend to understand that "logic".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

This reaction by the Muslims in Pakistan is why that country will never be taken seriously.

But but but... it's ONLY a tiny minority of the Muslims. They are all victems on American arrogance against Allah. The infidels must all die... then they will learn.. when they are dead.

You blame the country not the Muslims? 
    What countries in the world take Obama seriously? .. nada.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed re: Buddhism.  They seem very passive, except the occasional self inflicted burning.  Or is that Hindus?  And BeTool, another great reply.  Keep this up and you will scare all the righties off the board with your grasp of the facts and reality. Ya buddy!

The righties were already scared children before i got here. Just like christians and muslims and any other ones who believe in a myth are scared children. What i post scares you not me as a person . Strive to be smarter .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

The righties were already scared children before i got here.

Says the one who's afraid of guns...hahahahaha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

The righties were already scared children before i got here. Says the one who's afraid of guns...hahahahaha
    Posted by WhichOnesPink

LOL You mean my weapons in the next room in that safe scare me ? WOW i didnt know that .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

You were the one who posted you're afraid of guns and now you're denying it? BeLiar just keeps on lying. How precious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

The backlash was very predictable, and now 10 innocent people are dead, including 2 that had their heads lopped off. Its not right on so many levels.  Jones is a disgrace. Wait...what? Jones is a disgrace? Not the people who did the killing but Jones eh? Wow...not even going to pretend to understand that "logic".
    Posted by WhichOnesPink

That's because you have no logic . They are equal in the blame but you are letting one side off . You are doing what your side on the issue does best passing the buck of accountability.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Thats because you have no logic . They are equal in the blame but you are letting one side off .

Hahaha...yeah see I tend to put blame on those that commit the act. You know..the ones who are ACTUALLY responsible for the murders. To say they are EQUAL in blame is a disgrace.
    Jones is an idiot for what he's doing but in no logical world does he share EQUAL blame.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Jones should receive none of the blame for those deaths.

Period, end of story. 

It is an absurd argument, and more proof this country is incapable of logical thinking.

To kill someone because they burned a book is insane.  And warning the person that you will kill if someone burns your book, DOES NOT justify it or reroute the blame.

That works with dogs, ie "if you touch the dogs tail, it will bite you". . . . but to argue Muslims are incapable of acting above dogs should be insulting to them. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]So the Ragin Muslim fanatic is my moral equivalent twin?
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't flatter yourself so....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Historically, I don't think it's even a contest as to which religion - christianity or islam - is more destructive and violent on behalf of church doctrine/arcana...

...christianity wins in a rout.

Granted, however, that certain muslim groups ARE trying to make a show of it.

The whole thing would have been much easier if not 1, not 2, but 3 world religions didn't try to make claim to the same holy ground...

...proof that organized religion is just plain wack.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Jones should receive none of the blame for those deaths. Period, end of story.  It is an absurd argument, and more proof this country is incapable of logical thinking. To kill someone because they burned a book is insane.  And warning the person that you will kill if someone burns your book, DOES NOT justify it or reroute the blame. That works with dogs, ie "if you touch the dogs tail, it will bite you". . . . but to argue Muslims are incapable of acting above dogs should be insulting to them. 

Just sounds like more proof of a full-blown idiot not taking responsibility for his actions...

...that an irrationally muslim-fearing public is willing to give this piece of masonite a pass is much, much more disturbing.

Besides, it was Bush's man in Kandahar - Karzai - who whipped up the masses into a frenzy over this stupid stunt.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]Jones should receive none of the blame for those deaths. Period, end of story.  It is an absurd argument, and more proof this country is incapable of logical thinking. To kill someone because they burned a book is insane.  And warning the person that you will kill if someone burns your book, DOES NOT justify it or reroute the blame. That works with dogs, ie "if you touch the dogs tail, it will bite you". . . . but to argue Muslims are incapable of acting above dogs should be insulting to them. 

Blameless?  Hardly.  He bears moral responsibility for inciting people to cause harm.  And burning the book had no other purpose other than to cause harm.

I had a case back a few years ago where an idiot approached my client, a stranger to him, and insulted his family using racial slurs.  My client asked him to leave and when he refused and continued, he hauled off and slugged him.  Who do you think was really to blame for that incident?  The words were legal after all and the reaction was harmful.  Case dismissed.  Theory of provocation.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands : Blameless?  Hardly.  He bears moral responsibility for inciting people to cause harm.  And burning the book had no other purpose other than to cause harm. I had a case back a few years ago where an idiot approached my client, a stranger to him, and insulted his family using racial slurs.  My client asked him to leave and when he refused and continued, he hauled off and slugged him.  Who do you think was really to blame for that incident?  The words were legal after all and the reaction was harmful.  Case dismissed.  Theory of provocation.  
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

Jones is an idiot, but those who did the killing are the only one's responsible, morally.  How on Earth do you justify killing people over burning a book? No theory of provocation here, unless you are blaming Karzai, you know, the guy with a dirty car filter on his head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In Response to Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands:
    [QUOTE]Afghan Mob Kills 10 United Nations Workers http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/world/asia/02afghanistan.html?_r=2 KABUL, Afghanistan — Protesters angered by the burning of a Koran by a fringe American pastor in Florida mobbed offices of the United Nations in northern Afghanistan on Friday, killing ten foreign staff members and beheading two of the victims, according to an Afghan police spokesman. Five Afghans were also killed. Mr. Ahmadzai, the police spokesman, said the crowd was angry about the burning of the Koran after a mock trial overseen by Pastor Terry Jones on Mar. 20. Mr. Jones had caused an international uproar by threatening to burn the Koran last Sept. 11, and demonstrations at the time led to deaths throughout Afghanistan, but on a small scale. Mr. Jones subsequently had publicly promised not to burn a Koran, but then went ahead last month, after holding a mock trial of the Koran at his fringe church in Gainesville, Fla.
    Posted by ThinkSnow99[/QUOTE]

Mr. Jones should be ashamed. But I don't think conservative evangelicals have any shame.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I would have understood a muslim hit squad being sent to take out Mr Jones, still not wrong but I could have understood it.  But I do not understand savages who in the name of Islam take blind retribution on innocents.

This is why Libyan intervention was a mistake just like Iraq.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Matty, the hiker is to blame for breaking the laws of North Korea.

Jones did not break any laws.

I am frightened by the rationale.

Jones is part to blame for people killing others, because he burned a book. . . . .really?

Are you people serious?

I hate j walking.  Next time I see a j walker I will take their shoes and their money.  Now, is the jay walker at fault for being robbed. . . . . NO, they are to blame for jay walking.  But robbery is not a reasonable response to jay walking.  And of course nobidy would say, "hey buddy you had it coming to you.  The guy warned you if you j walk, he was going to take your money". 

Scary!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

And Matty, yes I would agree with you 100%, Christianity is leading in atrocities.

But here is the kicker, NOT TODAY!!!

Guess what, we can';t change history, but we can change what is happening today.

The argument you make is pointless when discussing how to deal with the problems we face today.

And I promise you, if people were killing in the name of Christianity, every Christian would stand up and say "no you don't.  Not in the name of our religion".  And they would do everything they could to stop what was happening.

And the moderate muslims do nothing.  Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?