Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands

"Blameless?  Hardly.  He bears moral responsibility for inciting people to cause harm.  And burning the book had no other purpose other than to cause harm.
    I had a case back a few years ago where an idiot approached my client, a stranger to him, and insulted his family using racial slurs.  My client asked him to leave and when he refused and continued, he hauled off and slugged him.  Who do you think was really to blame for that incident?  The words were legal after all and the reaction was harmful.  Case dismissed.  Theory of provocation"

1.) I don't condome this lunatics actions
    2.) We are now responsible, accountable and even liable for expressing our thoughts within our Constitutional legal rights because some Muslim lunatics go off the deep end? No.. things have gone to far.
    3.) Our appeasement to Muslims borders on the absurd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

His only purpose in burning it was to incite extremists to evil. He intended that they commit murder.. = a stretch huh? 

Don't know what you ewant.. The guys a loon. What he did was legal and his right.. just like burning flags, bibles and other symbols.

If you are denying that Obama has bowed over backwards to the Muslim world.. we disagree. He appears to be more focused on the Muslim world than America.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Afgans gone wild..

Afghans hit the streets for a fifth straight day Tuesday to protest the burning of the Koran by a Florida pastor.

About 250 people gathered at Kabul University shouting "death to America" in response to Terry Jones' fundamentalist Christian church, Dove Outreach Church, burning Korans last month, according to Reuters.

Protests turned deadly over the weekend as 12 people died in www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/afghanistan.htm#r_src=ramp" class="r_lapi">Kandahar on Saturday and Sunday when demonstrators waving www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/taliban-afghanistan.htm#r_src=ramp" class="r_lapi">Taliban flags attacked police and a girls' high school.

On Friday, seven foreign U.N. staff members and five Afghan protesters were killed when the U.N. office in Mazar-i-Sharif was attacked.

Jones says he had no regrets for burning the Korans, despite the deadly violence that ensued.

"Even at the expense of an American soldier... in the long run we have saved hundreds of thousands of lives," he told WFTV.com.

Jones also claims he has hundreds of death threats against him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands:
    [QUOTE]Look, I don't like Jones either.  Christ, he burned the Bible (large parts) when he burned that Qu'ran, he just doesn't know that, or want to know that. But (and I'll go both sides here) Who's the a55hole?: The lefty nut who burns a flag at a right wing demonstration, or the right wing dicks who kill him and his friends? The eco-nut who spikes trees or the lumberjack loses his arm? The right wing murderous pig who blows up an abortion clinic, or the dead employees? The bottom line is these Afghan a55holes killed a bunch of innocent people that have likely never heard of "Pastor" Jones, condone nor even KNOW about anything he did half way around the planet. THEY are the a55holes! Jesus!  (oops)
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Nicely and succinctly stated!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blood on Pastor Terry Jones' Hands : Jones is an idiot, but those who did the killing are the only one's responsible, morally.  How on Earth do you justify killing people over burning a book? No theory of provocation here, unless you are blaming Karzai, you know, the guy with a dirty car filter on his head.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Please don't misunderstand, the killers are criminals.  We can seek to understand their actions, but they should not be forgiven.  And the Pastor may not be a criminal, but he is certainly immoral.  His actions had no other purpose other than to incite violence.  Hardly a moral thing to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]"Blameless?  Hardly.  He bears moral responsibility for inciting people to cause harm.  And burning the book had no other purpose other than to cause harm. I had a case back a few years ago where an idiot approached my client, a stranger to him, and insulted his family using racial slurs.  My client asked him to leave and when he refused and continued, he hauled off and slugged him.  Who do you think was really to blame for that incident?  The words were legal after all and the reaction was harmful.  Case dismissed.  Theory of provocation" 1.) I don't condome this lunatics actions 2.) We are now responsible, accountable and even liable for expressing our thoughts within our Constitutional legal rights because some Muslim lunatics go off the deep end? No.. things have gone to far. 3.) Our appeasement to Muslims borders on the absurd.
    Posted by KittyDuke[/QUOTE]

Showing respect for another people's faith is "appeasement"?  Hardly.  And it is only moral responsibility we are talking about here.  There is no legal liability.  You got a problem with respect?  If you want some you have to show some.

Sections
Shortcuts