Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Bloomberg denies National Guard support. They have guns.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

Bloomberg denies National Guard support. They have guns.

Mayor Bloomberg has snubbed Borough President Markowitz’s impassioned plea to bring the National Guard to Hurricane Sandy-scarred Brooklyn — arguing that approving the Beep’s request would be a waste of federal manpower and turn the borough into a police state.

“We don’t need it,” Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup. “The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

Markowitz demanded the National Guard’s help just an hour before Bloomberg’s press conference, claiming that the NYPD and FDNY are “brave — but overwhelmed” by all the challenges Sandy brought when it visited the borough on Monday night: flooding, power outages, and looting.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/bloomberg/2012/11/03/report-bloomberg-denied-national-guard-assistance-brooklyn-because-their-possession-guns#ixzz2BHBmv7ag

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Bloomberg denies National Guard support. They have guns.

its truly amazing to see the amount of blind stupidity that is generated by a politician with an agenda.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I get the sense that the headline would be different if Bloomberg hadn't endorsed Obama.  I mean, isn't this exactly the type of response the righties want -"we don't need the federal governments help.  We can handle ths ourselves".  And isn't the borough President's request the type if request the repubs should hate - abdicating responsibility at the first sign of trouble?

its really sad that how dependent the righties are on FOX when developing a point of view about the world.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMeffa. Show GreginMeffa's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

I get the sense that the headline would be different if Bloomberg hadn't endorsed Obama.

Smart enough to run as a republican, after Rudy's success.  "Fooled ya!!!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

I thought the governor was in charge of each states National Guard?

I know the mayah of the big apple is a big position but I didn't realize he outranked the governor.

Maybe they do things different in NY....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

I thought the governor was in charge of each states National Guard?

I know the mayah of the big apple is a big position but I didn't realize he outranked the governor.

Maybe they do things different in NY....

Right...because THAT'S the point.....sigh

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts