Bloomberg's Stop and Frisk program overturned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Bloomberg's Stop and Frisk program overturned

The Constitution say's i have right's....And so does Saul Goodman!

I know you well.
    you are a part of me.
    I know you better than I know myself.
    I know you best,
    better than anyone.
    I know you better than I know myself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Why doesn't the fact that it's illegal to voice record or video record police in Mass

It's not.

You can't secretly record people. You can record as long as they know you are doing it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why doesn't the fact that it's illegal to voice record or video record police in Mass

It's not.

You can't secretly record people. You can record as long as they know you are doing it.

[/QUOTE]

Which mean's it's illegal... You honestly thing ANY cop is gonna let you record them?

By the way, this board blows. Been trying to post this simple little thing for 15 minutes now. I hit post and it just sits and does nothing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

????

If you hold a phone out, point it at a cop, and announce you are recording, then you have all the proof you need that the cop is aware and therefore it is legal.

Yeah, plenty of cop may still try to take the phone/etc, but that's them acting outside the law.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

????

If you hold a phone out, point it at a cop, and announce you are recording, then you have all the proof you need that the cop is aware and therefore it is legal.

Yeah, plenty of cop may still try to take the phone/etc, but that's them acting outside the law.

My understanding is that in mass both parties have to consent to being recorded. Like you said it can't be secretly done and the person you are recording has to be aware that you are doing so. But it is also my understanding that the person being recorded has the right to say they don't wanna be recorded. Which is where my point about it still being illegal to record a cop if he say's he doesnt want to be. I feel it should be a right to record the police with or without their permission. Like i said also, no cop is gonna allow you record them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's not.

[/QUOTE]

Which mean's it's illegal... You honestly thing ANY cop is gonna let you record them?

By the way, this board blows. Been trying to post this simple little thing for 15 minutes now. I hit post and it just sits and does nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Wait...what? You were just told you CAN record as long as you let the person know you are recording. How do you interpret that as ILLEGAL?

BTW...there are countless youtube vids of cops being recorded. Many don't LIKE being recorded, pretty sure you wouldn't too, but that doesn't make it illegal. 

[/QUOTE]

They don't like being recorded so they can maniupulate things as they see fit. I've seen countless stories of officers straight up lying about what happened at a call. People being charged with stuff they never did so some pig can save his a55. And only when video comes out does the truth finally come out. 

Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xf3aoYH8w0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

My understanding is that in mass both parties have to consent to being recorded.

I believe "Consent" in these circumstances does not have the usual [edit: colloquial] definition. It only means that all parties being recorded must have "knowledge" that they are being recorded.

The consent or agreement is that they continue to talk, or do whatever, with the knowledge that they are being recorded.

Sections
Shortcuts