Bobby Jindal rejects Mitt Romney’s ‘gifts’ theory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I know that I grudgingly voted for Romney; but he deserved to lose based on a poorly run campaign and that he hasn't learned anythng as to why he lost.  He gets the krap beat out of him on his 47% comment and then jumps back into the same philosophy with Obama's gifts.  I think the new Republicans are getting it.

'We need to go after 100 percent of the votes, not 53 percent,' Jindal said. | AP Photos

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Bobby Jindal rejects Mitt Romney’s ‘gifts’ theory

I know Jindal wasn't the biggest Romney fan out there (he supported Rick Perry during the primaries) but these are very pointed remarks and I suspect given his comments earlier this week about GOP strategy going forward he may be throwing his hat into the ring as the party's potential standard bearer.  He is taking over the RGA so his profile is already gaining so I guess the question is whether or not he is wielding new found influence in terms of trying to set strategy or is he also looking down the line to an election where there will be no incumbent to face off against and what should be a wide open field for both parties. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

With his "Gifts" comments, we once again see that his 47% speech was no fluke. To Mr. Romney, those of us who voted for President Obama are a bunch of moochers, who just want "stuff." No mention that the class he represents also wants "stuff" (big exemptions and fancy loopholes that leave them paying less than people whose main source of income is a paycheck). But, of course, they are entitled to their stuff, while we are insufferably greedy. His disdain for the people who do not have health insurance and now will get it "for free" is chilling.  America dodged a bullet last week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I agree with all the above comments. It's starting to look like common sense is eking its way back into the GOP. With the defeat of some tea party candidates..I think the establishment is going to take back their party from the fringe. Republicans are even starting to turn away from Grover Nordquist...realizing that going forward, he is more of a liability to them.

It was heartening to hear Jindal's remarks.

Sections
Shortcuts