BOSTON DOT COM NEEDS TO BAN SOME RACISTS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Re: BOSTON DOT COM NEEDS TO BAN SOME RACISTS

If I say "illegals are vermin", please explain to me the racism.

Racism:a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others

OK, i said "illegals are vermin". . . . . Not one "race" has been indetified in that statement.  And yet, it is racist.

In todays Obama world, everything is racist.  It's kinda scary.  The far left trump card.  If the far left doesn't like what you are saying, call them a racist.  It shuts everyone up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: BOSTON DOT COM NEEDS TO BAN SOME RACISTS:
    I like free speech, even speech I disagree with. 
    Posted by Reubenhop

Voltaire said it best...

"I do not agree with a word you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeisLIfe. Show LifeisLIfe's posts

If I say "illegals are vermin", please explain to me the racism. Racism: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others OK, i said "illegals are vermin". . . . . Not one "race" has been indetified in that statement.  And yet, it is racist. In todays Obama world, everything is racist.  It's kinda scary.  The far left trump card.  If the far left doesn't like what you are saying, call them a racist.  It shuts everyone up!
    Posted by whatnow3

Your right, xenophobe is a better description. But I do think racism is part of it as well. Most of the immigrants people are concerned with now are from Mexico. And comparing a class of people to animals is classic racism. It is part of the dehumanization process that made things like the holocaust possible. Maybe it has less to do with "obama's world" and more to do with the fact that racism is on the rise again in the US. If you just say you don't want illegals to stay in the country, I wouldn't call that racism. But when you call them vermin, I would say you are absolutely getting into racist territory.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Nobody likes a tattle-tale

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Lifeislife- if I said robbers are vermin, would you claim I am racist?

A robber is a criminal, just as illegals are criminals.

So, why is it OK to call one type of criminal vermin and another not OK?

I understand your point, but, I disagree with it.  Let alone, it is almost impossible to say what motivates people to be for enforcement of our immigration laws.

While there may be a few who are for enforcement becasue they hold racist views about hispanics, there are others who are for enforcement becasue that is the right thing to do.  To claim you can determine the motivation of these people based on a few posts, without knowing the individual well, is crazy.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeisLIfe. Show LifeisLIfe's posts

Lifeislife- if I said robbers are vermin, would you claim I am racist? A robber is a criminal, just as illegals are criminals. So, why is it OK to call one type of criminal vermin and another not OK? I understand your point, but, I disagree with it.  Let alone, it is almost impossible to say what motivates people to be for enforcement of our immigration laws. While there may be a few who are for enforcement becasue they hold racist views about hispanics, there are others who are for enforcement becasue that is the right thing to do.  To claim you can determine the motivation of these people based on a few posts, without knowing the individual well, is crazy.   
    Posted by whatnow3

I think the motivations of GrimFandango and AlexJOnes were abundantly clear. And while not everyone who opposes illegal immigration is racist, I would argue that the vast majority of people who use dehumanizing language are in that territory. Its one thing to say, I oppose illegal immigratino because it is bad for the ecnomy. It is another to compare them to vermin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

How about..

I oppose illegals because they collectively steal from the country, states, cities, communities, and the American society. I oppose them because they are thieves who rob our society of its values. 

Is that PC enough?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Itsatravesty-

I especially liked when Jimmy claimed that in order for someone to be accussed of voter intimidation, someone would have to have been intimidated.

I guess when the law sepcifically states that voter intimidation occurs when an attempt at intimidation is made, in Jimmy's world, should be ignored. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeisLIfe. Show LifeisLIfe's posts

How about.. I oppose illegals because they collectively steal from the country, states, cities, communities, and the American society. I oppose them because they are thieves who rob our society of its values.  Is that PC enough?  
    Posted by ItsATravesty

I still think you are dehumanizing a group of people who simply crossed a border illegally and attributing quite tenously things to them that aren't well founded. Many of them actually give back and pay taxes. and you are still essentially calling them vermin, even if it is in a longwinded fashion. There are much worse crimes out there than crossing a border illegally. That isn't to say the problem shouldn't be addressed, but to speak of it as if it heralds the end of the nation is simple hyperbole. Particularly since illegal immigration to the US is down considerably in recent years. If anything, the impacts of illegal immigration (both negative and postive) are diminishing as a result, not increasing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: BOSTON DOT COM NEEDS TO BAN SOME RACISTS : I still think you are dehumanizing a group of people who simply crossed a border illegally and attributing quite tenously things to them that aren't well founded. Many of them actually give back and pay taxes. and you are still essentially calling them vermin, even if it is in a longwinded fashion. There are much worse crimes out there than crossing a border illegally. That isn't to say the problem shouldn't be addressed, but to speak of it as if it heralds the end of the nation is simple hyperbole. Particularly since illegal immigration to the US is down considerably in recent years. If anything, the impacts of illegal immigration (both negative and postive) are diminishing as a result, not increasing.
    Posted by LifeisLIfe

Might I emphasize that no one should be able to "simply crossed a border".

Immigration into this country is not about their needs, but about our needs.  If we need them that badly, then they can come through a legal system set up by our politicians.  But, that would put them on the record as undercutting American jobs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

The greater the number of words used to summarize a position.. I found the greater deception there is.
    Sorry you didn't appreciate my position:
    I oppose illegals because they collectively steal from the country, states, cities, communities, and the American society. I oppose them because they are thieves who rob our society of its values. 

Not sure the fine citizens in AZ would agree with you.
    Whether it's increasing or decreasing is moot. The illegals burden and take from this society in incredible proportions. 
    The political reality is that Obama plans to grant amnesty and buy their votes. 
    Another violation.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeisLIfe. Show LifeisLIfe's posts

The greater the number of words used to summarize a position.. I found the greater deception there is.

Really? Interesting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeisLIfe. Show LifeisLIfe's posts

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/01/news/economy/immigration_economy/index.htm

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5312900

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Hmm.  A reference from NPR.  Well, there goes your credibility.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeisLIfe. Show LifeisLIfe's posts

In Response to Re: BOSTON DOT COM NEEDS TO BAN SOME RACISTS : Hmm.  A reference from NPR.  Well, there goes your credibility.
    Posted by skeeter20

Oh come on. Don't be so childish. NPR is a fairly decent source of information. Far better and more objective than talk radio. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"NPR is a fairly decent source of information. Far better and more objective than talk radio."

NPR..objective? LOL....it's moonbat central !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeisLIfe. Show LifeisLIfe's posts

"NPR is a fairly decent source of information. Far better and more objective than talk radio."  NPR..objective? LOL....it's moonbat central !
    Posted by BobinVa

They certainly have a left of center point of view, but they still do some good reporting, and they are one of the more objective news sources out there. Actually on the economic crisis for example, they have been very middle of the road. They have had a lot of economists on, basically saying we can't spend out way out of the problem. Now, if all you listen to is "on Point" and just focus on what Jack Beady has to say, it will come accress as a heavily biased news network. But if you actually listen to their programming, they aren't too bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

"NPR is a fairly decent source of information. Far better and more objective than talk radio."  NPR..objective? LOL....it's moonbat central !
    Posted by BobinVa

Better go with Glenn Beck.  Because he's neutral.  RNC internal documents are also a great source of unbiased facts.

Honestly...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to BOSTON DOT COM NEEDS TO BAN SOME RACISTS : Lifer, Tell me you personal connection to illegals, er, UNDOCUMENTED DEMOCRATS.   PLEASE! I live it every day. Being in the USA illegally is CRIMINAL, I don't care how many toilet brushes they bring with them. Then there's teh danger they put themselves through to get in here illegally (death by desert, kidnapping by their own kind, unhealthy conditions in drop houses, little food and/or water). Once here, let's see how they get work, seeing how the US Govt has created e:Verify. Well, they go around this "roadblock" by using fraud or stolen ID's. If I recall, THAT is illegal too. In AZ, we are mandated by the Feds (who just love ignoring paying their bills) for $1.6billion in education aloone for illegals, er, UNDOCUMENTED DEMOCRATS.  This with a state defecit of $2.9billion. We have drugs pouring over the border, a large recreation area 80 miles north of eh border where the Feds have posted signed warning AMERICANS to stay out due to the illegal activity. Uhhhhh, shouldn't the FED GOVT be doing more than "warning" Americans to stay out of our own back yard? But, I guess that makes you happy, seeing that it shows non-"racist" behavior. If it's impractical to round up and ship out all illegals, er, UNDOCUMENTED DEMOPCRATS, is it going to be any easier to quiet anti-semites? Since the 40's, we've had to endure drivel from anti-Holocaust yahoos. You need to ignore them. Helen Thomas was just waiting to say what she did, being of Lebonese ancestry. She just took as long as it took to become old and senile first. Do I agree with her? NFW! I say let Israel do teh job that we refuse to. After all, they don't have to play both sides to the middle. They've whoped the Arab world three times before, I feel confident in them now.  If omething starts, I can't wait to see where Obamaramadingdong tosses his stones.  You're never going to cure racism. Apologists like Bubba Clinton adn Big Ears Himself will paint over it at their own political convenience (a la Byrd, who assumed room temperatuire 5 years ago, but didn't know it).  Look no further than when Strom Thurmond celebrated his 100th birthday, and Sen Lott got in hot water with his "We should have elected you President" comment, right afetr Strom names some of his disappointment. Even losing his position as Majority Leader wasn't good enoiugh. Yet, Byrd has written record of his avowed hatred towards blacks, spend several years in KKK recruiting/enrollment, and voted against all civil rightlegislation until the 80's, and Bubba said he came from a "holler", so it's excused. Laughable at best! RRacism is what you find wherever you find it.
    Posted by AZPAT

CRA-Y_PAT, I think they're talking about you.  Aren't you a self-professed racist?  I distinctly recall seeing a post by you containing overtly racist comments.  And then of course you disappeared for a little while.  But you back now to brighten up our world.

Go crawl back under your rock.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnitaMan. Show AnitaMan's posts

http://www.normalbobsmith.com/muhammaddressup/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"Better go with Glenn Beck.  Because he's neutral.  RNC internal documents are also a great source of unbiased facts.
    "

At least Glen Beck is in the private sector. He has to actually have viewers in order to be successful.
    Liberals force us all to pay millions of taxpayer dollars to subsidize their moonbatty network, even though the ratings stink.

Public television and public radio is a disgrace. Hundreds of private radio stations, and hundreds of cable TV channels to choose from, and we have to subsidize leftist drivel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

"Better go with Glenn Beck.  Because he's neutral.  RNC internal documents are also a great source of unbiased facts. " At least Glen Beck is in the private sector. He has to actually have viewers in order to be successful. Liberals force us all to pay millions of taxpayer dollars to subsidize their moonbatty network, even though the ratings stink. Public television and public radio is a disgrace. Hundreds of private radio stations, and hundreds of cable TV channels to choose from, and we have to subsidize leftist drivel.  
    Posted by BobinVa

Bobin, every time someone links to something that contains factual support for a "liberal" argument, or an argument against the Republican politicians' positions, you dismiss it as just liberal media.

It's ridiculous.  Absolutely absurd.  It's like when someone bothers to cite an article to Grimfandango and he rejects it because "they" control the media. But it's even more absurd because all media has bias and always has.  On your theory, none of the sources you have cited on the boards should be read because they have conservative bias.

I mean you'll really stretch.  Someone cites politifact for an article and you're response is - oh they won a Pulitzer, and Pulitzers are a liberal conspiracy, therefore I'm going to stick my head in the sand (which even an Ostrich will not do).

Talk radio is biased.  NPR is biased.  Glenn Beck is trustworthy, though, because he says what angry conservatives want to hear in order to make lots of money from them.  But Al Gore, he's a liar, because when liberals are making money that means they are not trustworthy. 

I guess those liberals over at NYT are lying about it being hot out:  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/07/nyregion/07heat.html?hp

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Can we define racism??

Is it being against the Obama agenda??  Is it supporting policies that give preferences solely based on race, like affirmative action??  Is it eulogizing and celebrating the life one of the nations most famous Klu Klux clan members??

Racism is very confusing these days.  If an Irish citizen who is Catholic enters the nation illegally and trys to stay in violation of federal law and we identify him as such and ask him for ID when he is pulled over in an unisured unregistered car,....is THAT racism??

How about a cop asking a person for ID when the officer is called to that home after a witness sees someone breaking in to said home???  If the white guy shows his ID but the black guy in the same situation doesn't, is THAT racism??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow3. Show whatnow3's posts

Whatisitnow-

I find it comical that you are criticizing Bobinva for questioning news sources.

You p oo p oo any news source that you disagree with.  I see you do it everyday.

You have also berated someone for posting links to Fox news and said their opinion was invalid because they got their news from Fox.

And yes, NPR is a left leaning news source that pushes the lefts positions.

While their "programming" may not be left, their political news all leans left.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

How about a cop asking a person for ID when the officer is called to that home after a witness sees someone breaking in to said home???  If the white guy shows his ID but the black guy in the same situation doesn't, is THAT racism??  
    Posted by macnh1

Professor Gates on the porch with an R-Card ?

Sections
Shortcuts