Breaking news

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Breaking news

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Wait.  Is the pithy reference from some juvenile movie?

That's why we didn't get it.

And that's why it's pithy...even though I gave you half the title.

Surprised though...

..."Team America: World Police" is rated as one of the 'best conservative movies" by the bloggy right, so it's kinda weird you wouldn't know it. (I still think it's funny-as-he!!...and topical considering the thread.)

I couldn't get through it. I doubt it is a conservative movie.

ok, I went and looked it up.  A movie done by the creators of South Park, a couple of extreme liberal loons.

yah, it's a conserative movie.  (Eye roll.)

Actually, they are both determined libertarians and skewer both sides with equanimity.  Anyone who knows anything about South Park would know that.

The 'best ' list was from the National Review, I believe, so they are at least more credible on conservatism than you are.

No wonder you didn't get the joke.  You should watch it again.  The film takes it hard (satirically speaking) to the hollywood libs and lefty activists you love to hate, including gasbags like michael moore and alec baldwin.  It might even cheer you up and help you feel relevant again.  The plot centers on american commandos going after terrorists and kim jong il.

And again, it's funny stuff.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

All the folks who think Kim is an empty threat - I envy your comfort zone.  You obviously are not in my shoes.  My dgtr has orders for Guam. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

All the folks who think Kim is an empty threat - I envy your comfort zone.  You obviously are not in my shoes.  My dgtr has orders for Guam. 

Yes.  Actually misspoke, though.  She picked up her re-enlistment papers - not deployment order.  She is expecting orders.  Was told she'd be leaving in May.  Will be for either Guam or Okinawa.

Your daughter?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Wait.  Is the pithy reference from some juvenile movie?

That's why we didn't get it.

And that's why it's pithy...even though I gave you half the title.

Surprised though...

..."Team America: World Police" is rated as one of the 'best conservative movies" by the bloggy right, so it's kinda weird you wouldn't know it. (I still think it's funny-as-he!!...and topical considering the thread.)

I couldn't get through it. I doubt it is a conservative movie.

ok, I went and looked it up.  A movie done by the creators of South Park, a couple of extreme liberal loons.

yah, it's a conserative movie.  (Eye roll.)

Actually, they are both determined libertarians and skewer both sides with equanimity.  Anyone who knows anything about South Park would know that.

The 'best ' list was from the National Review, I believe, so they are at least more credible on conservatism than you are.

No wonder you didn't get the joke.  You should watch it again.  The film takes it hard (satirically speaking) to the hollywood libs and lefty activists you love to hate, including gasbags like michael moore and alec baldwin.  It might even cheer you up and help you feel relevant again.  The plot centers on american commandos going after terrorists and kim jong il.

And again, it's funny stuff.

It's sophomoric.  But, whatever.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

did not think anyone insensitive.  am just a worried parent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

A study just completed by the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency says North Korea may have nuclear weapons that could be delivered by ballistic missiles, a congressman said Thursday.

The revelation came from Rep. Doug Lamborn, R-Colorado, during a House Armed Services Committee hearing.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/...ions/index.html

War, here we come....banghead