Bunnypants Bush explains slow response to 9-11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Bush explains slow reaction to September 11 attack
    Source: Yahoo

http://news.yahoo.com/bush-explains-slow-reaction-septe...

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/bush-explains-slow-reaction-septe...

The Chimp says he's been in so many crises before, and he wanted to set a good example by not overreacting. Yeah, sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Re: Bunnypants Bush explains slow response to 9-11

He has already explained it many times. 

You would rather him jump up yell and scream, scare the crap out of the kids and run away with his "bunnypants" on fire.

To argue that Bush's response during 9-11 was sub par is absurd.

He was amazing thru all of that.  He made this country feel safe during that period.

And the Dem revisionist history will not chnage that.  His approvals during that time were thru the roof.  And if you talk to a Dem with a shred of honor they will agree.

Carville is one.  He still openly applaudes Bush's handling of 9-11.  Of course up til a point in Carvilles eyes. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Thats what he did.

12, are you claiming that Bush did not handle 9-11 correctly?  I thought all was good until Iraq.

Even dems all agreed that afghanistan was the right action.  Even the current pres agrees.

Do you recall Bush's approval after 9-11?  Thru the roof.  And the "we hear you" comment was one of the most presidential things I have seen.

Up there with "tear down that wall".  Or "it depends on what the definition of is, is".

Your revisionist history games will not work on this one.

If you want to start a thread criticizing Bush for Iraq, go right ahead.  It will be redundant however.

Otherwise, Bush was masterful in how he handled 9-11. 

Yet for all the concerns, difficulties and doubts, resilience and fundamental optimism underscore public views. Americans give enormously positive ratings to the way the nation has responded to the attacks, reserving their highest marks — virtually unanimous ones — for the armed services and the people of New York City. Eight in 10 are optimistic about the country's future, and even more express optimism for their personal prospects.

People clearly are healing. The number who report being depressed recently about the threat of terrorism has plummeted from 71 percent in a poll last Sept. 17 to 12 percent now. Sleeplessness is down from 33 percent then to four percent now.

High-level fears of more attacks (those who express a "great deal" of concern) are down by 27 points since the night of last Sept. 11. Fear of flying because of the chance of terrorism declined sharply after the initial shock. And most of those who see a change in the nation, or in their own lives, say that change has been for the better.

Two changes stand out, one very public, the other intensely private. Seven in 10 adults call themselves "extremely" proud to be Americans — well up from pre-9/11 levels. And many are showing it publicly: A full year after the attacks galvanized national sentiment, 68 percent say they're still displaying the flag on a daily basis.

----

And today we have more than half of dems claiming Bush knew of the attacks ahead of time.

No wonder we are being torn apart. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

He ran to protect his candy a55 and those of the Saudi Royal family first .Bin Ladens relatives no less were more important to get out of the country before anything.He hid behind those children is what he did there. He could have always excused himself without scaring the kids. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

I'm sure the ghetto organizer would want to understand how the US hurt their feeeeelings to make them react like this first. Then he would wait for Congress to do something first.

We need a MAN in the WH.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

Loved the way he let Bid Ladens family fly home the next day

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

In Response to Re: Bunnypants Bush explains slow response to 9-11:
    [QUOTE]Is that the only two responses you whacko wingnuts expect to see from the POTUS? Either run screaming like a freightened child or Sit in stunned silence while the country is under attack. I guess if those are the only two choices you wingnuts can come up with I think I'll have to go with...... Are ya sure there isn't a third or fourth choice?
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

Here's another response:

KERRY: I was in the Capitol. We'd just had a meeting -- we'd just come into a leadership meeting in Tom Daschle's office, looking out at the Capitol. And as I came in, Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come in to the building. And we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think, and then boom, right behind us, we saw the cloud of explosion at the Pentagon. And then word came from the White House, they were evacuating, and we were to evacuate, and so we immediately began the evacuation.

+ + Kerry: "Nobody Could Think"

For the record, it was about 40 minutes between the when the second tower was hit and when the Pentagon was hit. For 40 minutes, Sen. John Kerry, a sitting member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, sat in a room with Senate Leader Tom Daschle.

In Kerry's own words, "nobody could think."

Sen. Kerry sat in a very vulnerable place on Capitol Hill for 40 minutes after the second tower was hit. What did he mean when he said, "nobody could think"? Perhaps the chaos and confusion of the moment meant that a group of top leaders in the Senate really did not know what to do! So they sat in a vulnerable Senate office, exposed to attack. Apparently, Kerry and others did not yet realize that America was at war.

When did Kerry know America was at war?

Again, in Sen. Kerry's own words:

And as we went out of the building, my immediate feeling was, we're at war. I mean, that was the sense, that we are under attack. People are attacking the United States of America and we needed to respond.

So, more than 45 minutes after the second tower was hit, as Sen. Kerry was evacuating the Capitol, his "immediate feeling" was that America was "at war." In his own words, it took Sen. Kerry 45 minutes to come to this conclusion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

9-11 posts? Where am I? What year is this?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bunnypants Bush explains slow response to 9-11 : What the heck does your post about a senator who isn't even on the list of succession have have to do with anything in this thread? Talk about a non-sequiter.....

Isn't the point of this thread the "slow response"?  No one could think for 40 minutes?  Slow response?  Are you really having trouble seeing the point of the post? 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bunnypants Bush explains slow response to 9-11 : What the heck does your post about a senator who isn't even on the list of succession have have to do with anything in this thread? Talk about a non-sequiter.....

Psst....the thread is about slow response. 

Wasn't Kerry a presidential candidate at one point? Goes to show you how "war hero" Kerry would have responded if he were president.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bunnypants Bush explains slow response to 9-11 : The point of this thread is that some people freeze and others don't. It doesn't make me feel any better that people, who aren't the president, had a 'slow' response. If it makes you feel better that you can point to other examples, knock yourself out. The most feeble and sad excuse ever offered for any argument is the 'He did it too..' cop out. It's immature and has no bearing on what YOU did. Unless of course you think a poor performance is something to emulate. 

Actually, what is feeble is Monday morning quarterbacks like yourself. You've never been in that similar situation yet you know better. Typical!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bunnypants Bush explains slow response to 9-11 : The point of this thread is that some people freeze and others don't. It doesn't make me feel any better that people, who aren't the president, had a 'slow' response. If it makes you feel better that you can point to other examples, knock yourself out. The most feeble and sad excuse ever offered for any argument is the 'He did it too..' cop out. It's immature and has no bearing on what YOU did. Unless of course you think a poor performance is something to emulate. 

Really?  Thanks for clarifying for me...I was really lost there.  I didn't point to the other examples, so you can drop me from that group thanks. 

The post was a valid comparison of reactions to horrible news. I don't think it was intended as an excuse to say "he did it too..." Okay? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bunnypants Bush explains slow response to 9-11 : Heck, why don't you use my grandma as an example. She was terrified too!

Okay, your grandma was so...   :)

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts