Burying Politics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Burying Politics

As I listen to the reports regarding the handling of Tamerlin Tsarnaev's body..I find myself in a bit of an ethical dilemma.

Tsarneav is a monster...of that there can be no doubt. When I think of him..words like heartless, loser and monster to name a few come to mind immediately. When I think of him...I think of the victims..those who lost their lives, who lost limbs, who lost loved one as well as those who still can't sleep at night for the trauma of the Marathon Bombing. 

But..even in the face of all of those feeling..when I see news reports of people..Americans..picketing funeral homes and otherwise disrupting the death rituals that need to be carried out..something just doesn't sit right with me.

So..thus the dilemma. I understand and indeed feel the same outrage and anger as those who are protesting. I understand the City of Cambridge's decision not to allow him to be buried within the city limits. I think however..that as a society, we need to take a step back. We need to not be about interfering in death rituals. It somehow crosses a line that I think sets society back. After all..to my knowledge..death rituals have never been interfered with.

There is no doubt the media could handle this better. There is little doubt the family could have handled this better. If I were the uncle I would have had his body flown to NJ, privately and conducted the death rituals there.

However, I also think the people protesting the funeral home could handle this better. The owner of the funeral home is just doing his job. There needs to be an understanding that with Tamerlin's death..all the justice that is going to be served has been served with regards to his role. The act of protesting a funeral home simple brings attention to Tsarneav that he simply doesn't deserve. Let's be the better people. Let his family do their rituals and have their closure. Rather than focus on someone who is dead..who is nothing...let's focus on honoring the victims..the first responders and law enforcement who worked so hard.

Tamerlin Tsarnaev is dead. Let's not waste another precious minute on him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

Re: Burying Politics

I agree with you in principle...but in reality, I would not want the creature buried next to my loved one. I couldn't imagine visiting my fathers grave and having that creature buried next to him. I completely understand why no cemetary wants this responsibility. It would be a nightmare scenario, there would be constant desecration of the creatures grave site, and I would hate to be the person whose loved one is buried next to the creature. I would like nothing more to see the creature removed back to his homeland. I can only assume the reason he is being buried here is that the family doesn't want to pay the added expence to have him shipped anywhere else. I bet the financial cost is the reason the mother wants the creature buried here as well, because for the life of me I can't imagine why a mother wouldn't want her child buried near her, or where she will eventually be buried.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

I agree with you in principle...but in reality, I would not want the creature buried next to my loved one. I couldn't imagine visiting my fathers grave and having that creature buried next to him. I completely understand why no cemetary wants this responsibility. It would be a nightmare scenario, there would be constant desecration of the creatures grave site, and I would hate to be the person whose loved one is buried next to the creature. I would like nothing more to see the creature removed back to his homeland. I can only assume the reason he is being buried here is that the family doesn't want to pay the added expence to have him shipped anywhere else. I bet the financial cost is the reason the mother wants the creature buried here as well, because for the life of me I can't imagine why a mother wouldn't want her child buried near her, or where she will eventually be buried.

I agree with you as far as the cemetery. This is why I think the family could have handled it better. If they had half a brain..they would have had the body..at the minimum..shipped out of state and buried in some obscure cemetery someplace else. That being said..I also think the people who are lined up on the street outside the funeral home in protest need to go home. There are certain traditions and rituals that a civilized society does not interfere with and this should be one of them.  Which leads me to why I think the media handled it badly. Do you know where any other mass murderer..serial killer..child killer or domestic terrorist is buried?  I don't...because up until now..the media did not cover such things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

Don't even get me started on the media..... I barely watch even my old Fox25 standby anymore. I get that people are mad and want to lash out, but lashing out at a dead body and the funeral home makes no sense to me. There are more constructive ways to go about voicing ones anger.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

However, I also think the people protesting the funeral home could handle this better. The owner of the funeral home is just doing his job.

--------------------

On the nosey Ms.  "This is what I do, I don't get to choose what they did when they are alive"  Leave him aline, unless you want to take care of his stinking corpse, step up - here ya go!

However, I must confess, I find it kinda cool there is no cemetary that will take him.  Cremate him, and throw his ashes in a dump, who cares?  And if anyone steps up and cries foul, welcome to the suspect list.

Cremate him, and throw his ashes in a dump

I second that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

However, I also think the people protesting the funeral home could handle this better. The owner of the funeral home is just doing his job.

--------------------

On the nosey Ms.  "This is what I do, I don't get to choose what they did when they are alive"  Leave him aline, unless you want to take care of his stinking corpse, step up - here ya go!

However, I must confess, I find it kinda cool there is no cemetary that will take him.  Cremate him, and throw his ashes in a dump, who cares?  And if anyone steps up and cries foul, welcome to the suspect list.

I second that!

Haha..well..on an emotional level..that's exactly how I feel...and how most people no doubt feel..but we don't get..nor should we have the right to..make that decision.  Really...the media is giving attention to something it has no right to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Don't even get me started on the media..... I barely watch even my old Fox25 standby anymore. I get that people are mad and want to lash out, but lashing out at a dead body and the funeral home makes no sense to me. There are more constructive ways to go about voicing ones anger.

I haven't watched Fox25 in months. It's definitely not the same anymore. I follow a couple of my old favorites from Fox25..but I am really a channel 7 person now..channel 5 on the weekends.

I agree..lashing out at dead body makes no sense.  At this point I feel like those people should be focusing their anger in a more constructive way..such as putting student visas under a microscope instead of a funeral director.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

--------------------

I second that!

Haha..well..on an emotional level..that's exactly how I feel...and how most people no doubt feel..but we don't get..nor should we have the right to..make that decision.  Really...the media is giving attention to something it has no right to.

Good point. If no cemetary will take him then what do we do? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

--------------------

I second that!

I have no idea...I've never heard of such a thing. Supposedly the funeral director has a call in to the governor's office for help. I doubt he's ever experience this kind of thing either.  It's turned into quite a mess...!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

--------------------

I second that!

I have no idea...I've never heard of such a thing. Supposedly the funeral director has a call in to the governor's office for help. I doubt he's ever experience this kind of thing either.  It's turned into quite a mess...!

Another thought....clearly the mother and father don't care what happens...why should we?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

--------------------

I second that!

Another thought....clearly the mother and father don't care what happens...why should we?

The mother is a nut case and it's clear the father doesn't care or he would be here. But..apparently the Uncle does care..and he hasn't done anything wrong here. He and his family are victims too. I don't see the point in making what is already a difficult situation even more difficult.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

--------------------

I second that!

The mother is a nut case and it's clear the father doesn't care or he would be here. But..apparently the Uncle does care..and he hasn't done anything wrong here. He and his family are victims too. I don't see the point in making what is already a difficult situation even more difficult.

I feel bad for the uncle. He's caught in the middle of all this

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

McVeigh was cremated. So much time has passed, we must have forgotten the battle to keep him from being buried amonst other Veterans.... I know I had forgotten.

...On November 21, 1997, President Bill Clinton had signed S. 923, special legislation introduced by Senator Arlen Specter to bar McVeigh and other veterans convicted of capital crimes from being buried in any military cemetery.[78][79][80] His body was cremated at Mattox Ryan Funeral Home in Terre Haute, Indiana. The cremated remains were given to his lawyer, who scattered them at an undisclosed location. McVeigh had earlier written that he considered having his ashes dropped at the site of the memorial where the Murrah building once stood, but decided that would be "too vengeful, too raw, too cold."[81] He had expressed willingness to donate organs, but was prohibited from doing so by prison regulations.[42]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Look suspect (bomber)1 was a Cambridge resident, and he just happens to represent the worst part of diversity but he now needs sanctuary in a sanctuary city.

As the Worcester undertaker says, everyone needs to get buried, look we've always buried those put to death for their crimes, he just died during his.  Yes Cambridge like any other town doesn't want to become ground zero for the martyrdom of bomber 1.  

I heard Gabriel Gomez on the radio this morning and stated when asked; that maybe a proper burial at sea near Bin Laden's final resting spot would be appropriate.  

If it was up to me we'd cremate him and mix his remains into the soles of next year's Boston Marathon running shoes or bet yet incorporate his ashes into highway asphalt and mark the finish line with his embedded remains so every runner could stomp on his grave, or turn him into a speed bump.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The guy is dead. He doesn't care where he gets buried, why should we?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ms_obstinate. Show ms_obstinate's posts

I'd care if he was buried next to my dad.... I wish they would just cremate him and take him out of state and be done with it.

Sections
Shortcuts