Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism

In Bush's new book, he proudly takes credit for saving Capitalism.  He states that Government intervention lead by him was needed to save capitalism during the financial meltdown.

I wonder who caused the financial meltdown?  If the Government was capable of saving Capitalism durng the financial meltdown, shouldn't it have been capable of preventing the Meltdown to begin with?

If Bush can claim that he saved capitalism, shouldn't he take responsibility for allowing the financial meltdown to occur in the first place?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism

I think that we can argue the merits of President Bush's claim that he 'saved' capitalism but what is the 'logic' that leads you to believe that this, by definition, means that he was responsible for the meltdown?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Well as the Dems remind us TARP was a Bush program, and we all know that since 2006 Barney and Dodd we're in charge of the financial committees in Congress. The real issue is that Dodd was too busy working on his own special insider mortgage deals while Barney was too busy flying around in the private jets of people and firms he was overseeing.  I guess Barney needed the big picture view from 30,000 ft.

Bush saved it after Frank and Dodd tanked it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism:
    [QUOTE]I think that we can argue the merits of President Bush's claim that he 'saved' capitalism but what is the 'logic' that leads you to believe that this, by definition, means that he was responsible for the meltdown?
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

Couldn't the Financial Meltdown been avoided if Paulson had bailed out Lehman Bros?  It's a given that the Financial system was a house of cards and people can argue what led to it being a house of cards. 

But, if Bush was able to save captialism by propping up the house of cards when the melt down started, why not prop it up before the cards started falling?  Wouldn't it have been less disruptive to fix the broken system while it was still running than waiting until after it collapsed?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]Well as the Dems remind us TARP was a Bush program, and we all know that since 2006 Barney and Dodd we're in charge of the financial committees in Congress. The real issue is that Dodd was too busy working on his own special insider mortgage deals while Barney was too busy flying around in the private jets of people and firms he was overseeing.  I guess Barney needed the big picture view from 30,000 ft. Bush saved it after Frank and Dodd tanked it.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

Gee, I thought the collapse was started by Lehman Bros failing.  Are you suggesting that the collapse of Lehman bros didn't cause the crisis?  Or do all crisis start when you can attach a democrat to it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

My first awareness of an impending financial crisis was the Indymac Bank failure, and yes it was caused by democrat:

How Chuck Schumer Caused the Second Largest Bank Failure in US History

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism:
    [QUOTE]In Bush's new book, he proudly takes credit for saving Capitalism.  He states that Government intervention lead by him was needed to save capitalism during the financial meltdown. I wonder who caused the financial meltdown?  If the Government was capable of saving Capitalism durng the financial meltdown, shouldn't it have been capable of preventing the Meltdown to begin with? If Bush can claim that he saved capitalism, shouldn't he take responsibility for allowing the financial meltdown to occur in the first place?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Well, partially agree. Bush was no capitalist, but he did try to reign in the housing crisis, only to be given the finger by Barney Frank and Wall Street.  He should have tried harder. 

To put is bluntly, ALL of our government failed us in this regard.  Where we differ is that I think government is trying to do too much, like affordable houseing, when it just makes the problem worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : Well, partially agree. Bush was no capitalist, but he did try to reign in the housing crisis, only to be given the finger by Barney Frank and Wall Street.  He should have tried harder.  To put is bluntly, ALL of our government failed us in this regard.  Where we differ is that I think government is trying to do too much, like affordable houseing, when it just makes the problem worse.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

What housing crisis and what and when did Bush do anything to rein it in?

Bush was no capitalist????  How many businesses did Bush start?  He wasn't a very successful Capitalist but he definitely tried on several times to be a capitalist.  In any event, can't be more of a capitalist than Hank Paulson.

Oh Skeeter - when will you learn. 

Affordable housing is usually means Rental units.  As part of CRA, the Feds told banks to make sure they loan to minorities - which was in response to red lining.

The sharp increase in sub prime mortgages were made by mortgage companies.  Mortgage companies were not impacted by CRA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : Gee, I thought the collapse was started by Lehman Bros failing.  Are you suggesting that the collapse of Lehman bros didn't cause the crisis?  Or do all crisis start when you can attach a democrat to it?

Sorry for the delay; but in this case you know it was caused by the Dem control of Congress along with the pompous irresponsibility of Frank and Dodd.  Bush and others warned them earlier.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

that would be like darth vadar taking credit for "saving" alderon

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

DUIn Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : What housing crisis and what and when did Bush do anything to rein it in? Bush was no capitalist????  How many businesses did Bush start?  He wasn't a very successful Capitalist but he definitely tried on several times to be a capitalist.  In any event, can't be more of a capitalist than Hank Paulson. Oh Skeeter - when will you learn.  Affordable housing is usually means Rental units.  As part of CRA, the Feds told banks to make sure they loan to minorities - which was in response to red lining. The sharp increase in sub prime mortgages were made by mortgage companies.  Mortgage companies were not impacted by CRA.

Fannie Freddie.  Stop being obtuse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : Sorry for the delay; but in this case you know it was caused by the Dem control of Congress along with the pompous irresponsibility of Frank and Dodd.  Bush and others warned them earlier.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

But it was the collapse of Lehman Bros that caused the cards to fall.  Who created the house of cards is debateable (and you certainly have not posted anything to ever indicate Frank and Dodd did anything to contribute to the financial collapse).

By the way - the housing bubble was already at it max behore the Dems took control of the senate or congress.  In other words, Frank and Dodd were powerless to impact what Fannie Mae or Freddy Mac or any other institution did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]DUIn Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : Fannie Freddie.  Stop being obtuse.

What exactly did Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac do?  And be specific please.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : You might need to explain to him what obtuse means.
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

I'm not obtuse - I can see through your BS.  You've got nothing but the occassional snarky comment.  Once in a while you are humorous - but for the most part, you got nothing.  Opinions fed to you by FOX and company is about all you got.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : I'm not obtuse - I can see through your BS.  You've got nothing but the occassional snarky comment.  Once in a while you are humorous - but for the most part, you got nothing.  Opinions fed to you by FOX and company is about all you got.

I'm not going to discuss this any further.   You are either lying or clueless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : Ah yes the tired lines of the Left. Funny considering I watch MSNBC and ABC, NBC, and/or CBS depending on how much I want to channel surf. But don't let me stop you with your generalizations. And I got news for you. Other than things to do with economy you don't have a hell of a lot to offer. Unless you consider non-stop whining about Bush offering something.

Dude, you have trouble reading a post.  You want us to trust that you can actually comprehend something that Rachel Maddow says?  Way above your IQ level.  I thing this is wear you tell me you are in Mensa and promise to show me your secret Mensa decoder ring if I meet you in the parking lot of Starbucks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : I'm not going to discuss this any further.   You are either lying or clueless.

Just as I thought.  You have no idea how Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac contributed, or didn't contribute to the housing bubble and financial meltdown.

If it's so obvious, offer 1 way that they did.  One simple little morsel.  Otherwise, we will all know that you are completely clueless on this issue.

Wow, get asked to back up a bold statement and you got nothing.  You're just like Hawkeye except you have more guts.  At least you offer up an opinion - however misguided.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aNewsForum%3a9523Discussion%3a5b7eb8c8-fc54-4754-8688-d4f46a5af108&plckFindPostKey=Cat:NewsForum:9523Discussion:5b7eb8c8-fc54-4754-8688-d4f46a5af108Post:2d55cc0d-6832-462b-95ff-47198bea2070">Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism:
    In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : Ah yes the tired lines of the Left. Funny considering I watch MSNBC and ABC, NBC, and/or CBS depending on how much I want to channel surf. But don't let me stop you with your generalizations. And I got news for you. Other than things to do with economy you don't have a hell of a lot to offer. Unless you consider non-stop whining about Bush offering something.
    Posted by hawkeye01

Dude, you have trouble reading a post.  You want us to trust that you can actually comprehend something that Rachel Maddow says?  Way above your IQ level.  I thing this is wear you tell me you are in Mensa and promise to show me your secret Mensa decoder ring if I meet you in the parking lot of Starbucks.

---------------------------

"I thing this is wear"

Well, we all know you're not part of Mensa...Bwahahahahahaha

Really? "thing"...."wear"....and no, "wear" is not a typo. Don't even bother with that excuse. I could buy "thing" being a typo...but "wear". Sorry....

Nothing more comical than someone trying to insult another in regards to being dumb while being dumb.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aNewsForum%3a9523Discussion%3a5b7eb8c8-fc54-4754-8688-d4f46a5af108&plckFindPostKey=Cat:NewsForum:9523Discussion:5b7eb8c8-fc54-4754-8688-d4f46a5af108Post:2d55cc0d-6832-462b-95ff-47198bea2070 " /> Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : Ah yes the tired lines of the Left. Funny considering I watch MSNBC and ABC, NBC, and/or CBS depending on how much I want to channel surf. But don't let me stop you with your generalizations. And I got news for you. Other than things to do with economy you don't have a hell of a lot to offer. Unless you consider non-stop whining about Bush offering something. Posted by hawkeye01 Dude, you have trouble reading a post.  You want us to trust that you can actually comprehend something that Rachel Maddow says?  Way above your IQ level.  I thing this is wear you tell me you are in Mensa and promise to show me your secret Mensa decoder ring if I meet you in the parking lot of Starbucks. --------------------------- "I thing this is wear" Well, we all know you're not part of Mensa...Bwahahahahahaha Really? "thing"...."wear"....and no, "wear" is not a typo. Don't even bother with that excuse. I could buy "thing" being a typo...but "wear". Sorry.... Nothing more comical than someone trying to insult another in regards to being dumb while being dumb.

Skewered again by your rapier like wit.

Reduced to pointing out typos.  C'mon Hawkbutt, you can do better than that. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : Skewered again by your rapier like wit. Reduced to pointing out typos.  C'mon Hawkbutt, you can do better than that. 

"wear" versus "where" is nowhere NEAR a typo. But you know that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : "wear" versus "where" is nowhere NEAR a typo. But you know that.

You actually think he doesn't know the difference between "wear" and "where"?
    Being so incredibly awesome, how are we even supposed to function at your awesomeness level. You correct our grammar and point out hypocrisy (on the left only of course) and now tell us what we are thinking all via pithy snarky witticisms. And yesterday we learned you were a top notch, wrestler, a wrestling coach and a good friend of professional boxers.  All I can say is WOW. I mean WOW!!!!! Thats a lot for even a chickenhawk to handle.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : You actually think he doesn't know the difference between "wear" and "where"? Being so incredibly awesome, how are we even supposed to function at your awesomeness level. You correct our grammar and point out hypocrisy (on the left only of course) and now tell us what we are thinking all via pithy snarky witticisms. And yesterday we learned you were a top notch, wrestler, a wrestling coach and a good friend of professional boxers.  All I can say is WOW. I mean WOW!!!!! Thats a lot for even a chickenhawk to handle.
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat[/QUOTE]

And yesterday we learned you were a top notch, wrestler, a wrestling coach

"Top notch" would be your words....and thank you.

You actually think he doesn't know the difference between "wear" and "where"?

I have no idea. I just know he obviously used the wrong word while trying to insult me about being dumb. That is a great irony.

You correct our grammar and point out hypocrisy (on the left only of course)

You would be wrong yet again. I admit I do it more to the Left....but it ain't ONLY the Left. Of course the Left also points out grammar issues of the Right but that's ok in your eyes right??? Psst....Dirty has been known for doing this. Follow now??? Carry on

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : And yesterday we learned you were a top notch, wrestler, a wrestling coach "Top notch" would be your words....and thank you. You actually think he doesn't know the difference between "wear" and "where"? I have no idea. I just know he obviously used the wrong word while trying to insult me about being dumb. That is a great irony. You correct our grammar and point out hypocrisy (on the left only of course) You would be wrong yet again. I admit I do it more to the Left....but it ain't ONLY the Left. Of course the Left also points out grammar issues of the Right but that's ok in your eyes right??? Psst....Dirty has been known for doing this. Follow now??? Carry on

I have no idea.

Well this statement implies you KNOW!
    "wear" versus "where" is nowhere NEAR a typo.

I just know he obviously used the wrong word while trying to insult me about being dumb.

So you did imply he knew the difference and it was not a typo. Unless you've deleted that post. I'm sure your awesomeness would never make mistakes. So you must know.

I admit I do it more to the Left....but it ain't ONLY the Left. Of course the Left also points out grammar issues of the Right but that's ok in your eyes right??? Psst....Dirty has been known for doing this. Follow now???

Of course, being so awesome, you don't do something just cause someone else does it, right. I mean how un-awesome would that be? The whole, if A jumped off of a bridge, would you jump off a bridge thing?? Ummm, FYI: Not sure aint is a word but you would know better, with your awesome grammar genius and all..

But hey, not trying to cause problems, because I don't want you showing up in a singlet on my doorstep wanting to take me down. After all, I am hetero.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bush takes credit for saving Capitalism : I have no idea. I just know he obviously used the wrong word while trying to insult me about being dumb. Well you did imply he knew the difference and it was not a typo. Unless you've deleted that post. I'm sure your awesomeness would never make mistakes. So you must know. I admit I do it more to the Left....but it ain't ONLY the Left. Of course the Left also points out grammar issues of the Right but that's ok in your eyes right??? Psst....Dirty has been known for doing this. Follow now??? Of course, being so awesome, you don't do something just cause someone else does it, right. I mean how un-awesome would that be? The whole, if A jumped off of a bridge, would you jump off a bridge thing?? Ummm, FYI: Not sure aint is a word but you would know better, with your awesome grammar genius and all.. But hey, not trying to cause problems, because I don't want you showing up in a singlet on my doorstep wanting to take me down. After all, I am hetero.
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat[/QUOTE]

After all, I am hetero.

And apparently a homophobe. Congrats!