Bushmaster .223

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Bushmaster .223

The Bushmaster .223 looks like the M-16.  I assume it works like one.

The M-16 was selected as the primary assault weapon by US forces because although the ammo for the weapon was relatively light, it had great stopping power.  As soon as the bullet enters the body, it starts to tumble for maximum damage, doing much more damage than if it went straight in.

The Bushmaster .223 was designed for one and only one thing - to kill people.  It's not designed as a defensive weapon, and certainly not as a home defense weapon. 

These weapons should be outlawed. 

Would little children still be dead if the shooter wasn't armed with an Bushmaster .223?  Yes, no doubt.  But I'm willing to bet that the number of people killed would have been lower. 

There is no reason for hunters to have rifles that hold more than 3 rounds or hand guns that hold more that 6 rounds. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Bushmaster .223

Their entrance wounds are small and they tumble as they go thur flesh and bones and leave large gaping exit wounds.  At a close range the exit wound wound will be smaller than they would be if they were discharge from the optimum shooting distance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The M-16 was selected as the primary assault weapon by US forces because although the ammo for the weapon was relatively light, it had great stopping power.  As soon as the bullet enters the body, it starts to tumble for maximum damage, doing much more damage than if it went straight in.

The Bushmaster .223 was designed for one and only one thing - to kill people.  It's not designed as a defensive weapon, and certainly not as a home defense weapon. 

Would little children still be dead if the shooter wasn't armed with an Bushmaster .223?  Yes, no doubt.  But I'm willing to bet that the number of people killed would have been lower. 

There is no reason for hunters to have rifles that hold more than 3 rounds or hand guns that hold more that 6 rounds. 

[/QUOTE]

What does hunting have to do with self defense?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What does hunting have to do with self defense?

[/QUOTE]

The handgun is for self defense.  The rifle is for hunting.  Handguns and assault rifles are designed for one thing and one thing only - killing people.  A Handgun would be used for self defense, and assault rifle would be used for offensive purposed.

There are 2 reasons for owning a rifle - target practice and hunting.  In neither case do you need more than 3 rounds at a time.  They already limit the number of rounds that a shotgun can hold.  No reason they can't apply the same limits on rifles.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Their entrance wounds are small and they tumble as they go thur flesh and bones and leave large gaping exit wounds.  At a close range the exit wound wound will be smaller than they would be if they were discharge from the optimum shooting distance.

[/QUOTE]
    That is correct, Sis. The round does tumble and causes a lot of internal damage. It does leave a small entry wound and a huge exit wound. The Bushmaster is not a hunting weapon. It's basically a combat rifle. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

These are the three weapons that where used in the Newton Shootings. They are quite expensive as well. I love guns as much as anybody but i do think we should make it harder for People to get high capacity magazines . I know some of you guys are talking about outright outlawing Assault rifles and your arguement is "you cant use those for hunting" But i know alot of people that shoot these kinds of weapons for sport, for fun and i dont want to see these people have to suffer because some dooouche feels the need to kill children.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I went to a gun show 2 weeks ago and you can buy romanian made AK47 for 500 bucks.

They were selling like hotcakes. I don't usually agree with DWL, but this just doesn't make sense and somethings gotta change.

I expect this ban will go through and could see a hugh ammo tax on the way.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

It's unfortunate that liberals are exploiting this tragedy to further their agenda.

Banning and outlawing guns won't change anything.  All it does is make liberals feel better about themselves.  The coward who committed these crimes was not a lawful gun owner, he broke a lot of laws that day, making something illegal doesn't matter to someone who is willing to kill children.

Guns aren't the problem people are the problem.....many of the states with the highest gun ownership have the lowest crime.

ANY assault weapon ban would simply end sale and production....NOT ownership of existing guns.  So the price goes up, criminals steal them, Obama and Holder still sell them to Mexican drug cartels, nothing changes.  Guns last a very long time if maintained....they are extremely durable.  So a crazy guy does the unthinkable and the reaction is to cripple an industry and prevent law abiding citizens who didnt murder children from buying new guns.  It doesn't make sense.

I will admit....if for a second I thought banning assault weapons would have prevented friday, I would be the first to get on board.  The ONLY way to eliminate the possibility of assault weapons getting into the hands of the wrong people is to confiscate every one of them.  That is the only way this works.  For me to give up my weapons, someone has to go to the doors of criminals first and Obama's Mexican drug friends, and take their guns.  When all of the criminals are stripped of their guns, then I'll give mine up.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

NH has plenty of guns and lenient gun laws.....3rd lowest violent crime rate in the US....much lower than MA where gun laws are much more strict....explain why??

Any chance it has more to do with demographics than guns???

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.